Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

cruise stockport

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2007, 10:06 PM
BigBez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise stockport

Did anyone goto this thursday 13th sept ?

just wondered where people went after police stormed the place
Old 14 September 2007, 10:39 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Used to go to this every week but dont really bother any more. Seems to be to many scallys roaming around now and it will eventually get shut down as its getting to big again.
Old 14 September 2007, 03:49 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

I popped down on the way to work last night around 19:45.
I drove around portwood roundabout, overtook 2 cars heading along Great Portwood Street upto the little roundabout at the end, and was horrified to see a complete moron, in an old renault 5, driving on the wrong side of the road, round the roundabout (the wrong way!) and then shoot upto the lights.
It's actions like that that spoil it for the majority of sensible car nuts that turned up to the meets down there. Complete ***! Really boils my **** when I see ********* like that. Total ******.

No wonder the police clamped down.
Old 14 September 2007, 06:34 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

the police are tryin to stop it

ok to clear up everyones confusion and to stop the chinese whispers i will explain exactly what has happened since last thursday!

as im sure you will know there was a police presence last week and also some community support officers hanging about aswell! they were there to observe and make a report about thursday nights and the meet that takes place there... to be able to report back to the council chiefs to decide on what will happen in the future.

basically i approached one of the officers to see why there were there... and myself and a small group of others got chatting to this officer who was very helpful and enthusiastic about what we were doing. the officer who i was speaking to sgt macdonald is incharge of the neighbourhood team at stockport police station.

he had been sent down to compile a report on the inns and outs of what goes on on a thursday.. he fully understands that it is a hobby and that the vast majority of people there are car enthusiasts that take pride and care in modifying there cars. he took the time to talk to groups of people that night and soon realised that it was a friendly bunch of people.( those were his words!) i asked him to take my details and inform me on what the outcome was from the meeting.

to my suprise i recieved a phone call yesterday from sgt macdonald asking if i could spare a few minutes for a chat. he informed me that the worry from the council is the fact that christmas is only a hundread or so days away and that many of the shops will be open for late night shopping, and that the town centre carparks would need to be used for shoppers. i explained that last year we had taken this into consideration and had tried to put a small break on the meets and began the cruise again in january.

he then invited me to a meeting on the 27th of this month to discuss the matter in further detail with the council chiefs who decide on what happens. he has spoke to the police officer incharge of policing the carparks and they are looking into the posabilities of a carpark being left for us to use in the new year.

the police have stated that they understand that everytime theyve stopped or moved us on in the past years that its only begun again somewhere else. and that if we can show that we can control whats going on then they will continue to allow the meet to happen.

however obviously from past experience these words are no promises that that will be the case. late night shopping starts at the end of this month and sgt macdonald has told me that the people gathering on a thursday need to be dispearsed by then. if we cant do this ourselves then the police will be slapping us with some conjunction notice/public order crap that basically states that if we are found to be gathering in a large un-sociable group causing complaints by the general public within 6 months of recieving such notification then we will be fined and risk our car being impounded under some section 59 act!

my suggestion is we split into smaller groups at locations further a field from the town centre ( a suggestion many of you have already put forward) and between all the admin on the active sites organise a big christmas cruise like last year.

i think everyone should be involved in organising such a night. so if evryone could give input to the admin on there site.... and if the admin on all the sites involved can have a get together that would be fantastic.

at the end of the day i am not trying to control peoples movements... nor do i have the slightest idea that i can! we are all our own person with our own mind and can do as we please. all im doing is acting as a spokes person between us a community of different websites and the police.

i hope that people think of me as someone who can be spoken too and someone they will in return listen too.

i get bombarded with phone calls and texts every thursday! something my phone bill hates lol! and the only reason i continue to do it is because i belive that through cruising i have met many friends that i enjoy sharing my interest in cars with.

thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.

and i look forward to seeing you else where maybe on a different night in a different location.... who knows.

thanks. mottyc2gt

Last edited by stressymare; 14 September 2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 15 September 2007, 02:17 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Liz, did you write the above or mottyc2gt? Are you now organising the stockport cruise scene?
Old 16 September 2007, 01:09 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Surely if the parking space is an issue then car parking prices will put many of the "cruizers" off leaving space for shoppers?
There are possible alternative parking areas just along in Bredbury industrial estate, behind the Pyramid or Decathlon ?
Old 16 September 2007, 09:00 PM
BigBez
Scooby Regular

good info that stressy , i know last thursday quite a few went onto tesco.

bob r mentioned decathlon, cant remember if theres barriers , i glanced other night and dont think there was any obstructions, B&Q is always empty too.

i hope they can carry on the meets even if its somewhere else
Old 17 September 2007, 02:15 PM
gammi0025
Scooby Regular

i went to the stockport cruze on thursday night . the car parks on the main road we normally go to were block off by the police so we went to the old haunt matalan carpark where it got full pretty quick at around 10:00 pm the police came on and told us we had 5 minto leave or it would take 25 mins to leave ( think were going to give every one a producer??). I think the police are going OTT I can understand the car park is needed for xmas shopping so why don't they say go to such a place that way they know where we are and can police us effectivly and not **** people off like thy are doing
I like the suggestion of decathlon or B&Q ?? where would be good what about the ind est near the pyramid?

Last edited by gammi0025; 17 September 2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 17 September 2007, 04:01 PM
BigBez
Scooby Regular

i see you just joined us gammi what car ya got ?

i only been to the cruise a few times, but wonder whats going to happen this thursday ?
Old 17 September 2007, 05:27 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
Liz, did you write the above or mottyc2gt? Are you now organising the stockport cruise scene?

Chris Motty is a mate ov mine

he organizes it

i will keep ppl informed as to this Thursday
Old 17 September 2007, 05:34 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Cheers.
Old 18 September 2007, 09:54 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gammi0025
i went to the stockport cruze on thursday night . the car parks on the main road we normally go to were block off by the police so we went to the old haunt matalan carpark where it got full pretty quick at around 10:00 pm the police came on and told us we had 5 minto leave or it would take 25 mins to leave ( think were going to give every one a producer??). I think the police are going OTT I can understand the car park is needed for xmas shopping so why don't they say go to such a place that way they know where we are and can police us effectivly and not **** people off like thy are doing
I like the suggestion of decathlon or B&Q ?? where would be good what about the ind est near the pyramid?
You will be safe around 8.30-9.00pm as most cops have a shift change then and they really wont want to be issueing producers, but if they do, so what.......it will keep the scrotier people away from the cruize and as far as I know they can't make you leave the car parks.
Old 18 September 2007, 10:01 PM
paulthejambo
Scooby Regular

Location: Heart of Midlothian FC aka Hearts have the nickname "The Jambo's" - therefore I'm a Jambo too.

Is this the event that used to take place on Stanley Green Industrial Estate?

Fond memories of warm summers watching clapped out novas arrive with LED's in every gap imaginable.
Old 19 September 2007, 10:13 AM
scoobyphil2000
Scooby Regular

warm summers

Old 19 September 2007, 03:49 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

I used to go to Stanley Green for the cruise Wilmslow Paul

Didnt really like stockport cruises as there was far too many ******* and i was always afraid of leaving my old Scoob un-attended
Old 20 September 2007, 02:45 PM
JAPSU
Scooby Regular

Well I used to go to them all back in 2001 .. Stockport and Warrington with my Yellow Dimma Cabriolet (Yes the famous one from Max Power) in future years my 400bhp GTO and Skyline ... but I stopped going cos it was driving me mad being shifted on by police told I had to tear off my tinted window film before they would let me drive off, and the final straw was as someone said the ******* who were hell bent on just being idiots.... but I suppose thats the nature of the beast.

I now sticker up show cars and street racers and do many a car in London they seem to have it well organised, and meet regularlly with 10x more cars than any Manchester ones .... including drift demonstrations by many .... they have suppliers turn up selling stuff etc etc and all without any hassel from the cops... so if it can be done there then why not here.?

Or is it beacuse we have more idiots who want to show off or drive like loonies in there clapped out nova's or scooters.
Old 08 December 2008, 12:32 PM
Prizey
Scooby Newbie

Does It Still Go On In Stockport? If So, Where? Cheers.
Old 08 December 2008, 01:35 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

oooo an old thread

I think it does not sure where - never been into the novas doing burnouts with stereos worth more then there cars
Old 08 December 2008, 06:37 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

yes it still goes on although now they go to John Lewis most of the time

hth

Old 11 December 2008, 06:57 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Do you go then Stressy?

I have been in my punto a year or two ago but I haven't been in the Scoob. Was thinkin about it but would rather go with some other scoobs.
Old 12 December 2008, 08:26 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

wen it aint freezin Martin i go sometimes lol