lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NBO OFFICIALfeedback thread

Well what can I say

a new record with nearly £6400 raised on the day for McMillan cancer

DOUBLING our figures from last year

thanks to all for giving such a lot for a very worthwile course ,
so many people to thank as my head is stil spinning and on a all time high after the BEST NBO yet !!!!

6 months of planning has certanely paid off today weather as usual variable but it dosnt dampen the atmosphere of the NBO concept

Thanks go to the Captain (CS ) who had allready marked out the field when we arrived yesterday afternoon
thanks to all the CS who worked like trojens to set up the rest of the field last night untill 10pm and then started at 6AM after a power breakfast
as usual military precision and time management we were ready for the traders and early club cars and stands from 830AM

Many thanks go to Lightwater Valley who give us the field without charge as long as all gate donations are passed to charity .

Thanks go to all the marshals from cs who took the money and forced the extra pound or 2 out of you all with the No Change policy many £20 notes went into the bucket knowing the money would be DOUBLED !!!

Thanks go to all the traders for their fantastic displays and nice to see 5 new traders who all reported brisk trading .

The Club stands have now really raised the game after last years winners of the Wagons,MrTerzo and the SMACS the other clubs have went more then the extra mile and many showed the X Factor !!!!!!!!!!!

The overall trophey went to the LADS who are now building an even bigger trophey cabinet they showed the true x-factor with subaru plaster cast ,No burgers due to H&S but healthy eating and drinking ,fantastic display of their club activitys ,a subaru History showboard and many new exciting things on display and examples of charity work too .Well done the LADS !!

2nd place went to the TTS ,Speye the new club stand manager really let rip with <one Vision> music on entering TTS babes everyware and they also sold £300 of raffle tickets on their own stand to swell the NBO charity fund ,Kids section Individual T Shirts and even PS Lewis made an apearance i believe !!!

3rd place went to the Ayresire group of scoobies fantastic display loads of x-Factor and they ticked all boxes

the Wagons unrolled a runway had the wagon song sang to us and showed us their new range of wagon equipment those who didnt go to the wagon stand really missed out

The RB5/ RB320 really set high standards with excellent presentation of their unique cars and even RB5 OC cakes and strawberry on their buffet trolley !!!

The WR1 although only had 5 cars really put on a great display with history ,figures and fantastic photos If we had more time we would still be there looking at their display and great use of colour too

It was so hards to have to give 6 trophey out of 10 displays with everyone really getting behind the club stand <vision> carefully reading the notes and points and realising to have an award winning stand takes more then just shiney cars the enthusism of all club members was fantastic .

Any Independants I strongly recommend you join a group local to you to get the benefits out scooby ownership and community .

thanks goes to Oiler from CS who was dressed as Scooby Do and raised over £100 with his bucket and selling raffle tickets

Thanks go to Martin reay the famous CFM DJ from Cumbria who gives his time freely for the NBO and is the man behind the Mike

Thanks go to Atention Sekkers car club from Cumbria who fetched the superb sound system and AS girls to help raise money for charity and thanks to 'Father' who fitted a gearbox at 1130pm last night so his son mark who has just came out of hospital so he could compete and win another trophey in his classic sprayed in WR1 colours

I think we will all agree that the car of the day competion went to new levels this time with the judges doing a fantastic and very diiffilcult Job in strict time limits to pick out the best scoobies in the country .
thanks to all those who entered and congratulations to all the trophey winners and to 'del boy 'with his fantasatic modified bugeye as the Overall winner of the show .

The raffle was a great money spinner and generating lots of income for mcmillan cancer thanks for all those who donated for this

Thanks go to Martin (Ninnybobs) for keeping me sane at times and working on the NBO developments

Mark (the terzo) who has worked behind the scenes to help fetch forward the NBO <vision> to a new higher level and to Gussy (the ringmster) for his logistics skills in getting the 299 cars all into place safely .
apolgies if i have missed out thanks to those that help make the NBO 5
the best one ever

-------------------------------------------------------------

As always to help us develop the NBO 6#############

We need you feedback good and bad so we can anaylise and develop the NBO for next year so get posting please

Lordy .
Old 17 June 2007, 09:39 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great day. Same time next year?
Old 17 June 2007, 09:41 PM
scubasteve
Scooby Regular

Its was mine and the wifes first NBO and we thought it was great, The whole atmosphere was brill with many many freindly people out enjoying themselves. I Hope you all had a safe journey home.

A big well done to you all you did yourselves proud

Roll on the next NBO
Old 17 June 2007, 09:52 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
Thanks go to Martin (Ninnybobs) for keeping me sane at times and working on the NBO developments

Lordy .

If my only purpose in life is to keep Lord Harding sane...........
I have failed miserably

Well done to all involved today

Martin
Old 17 June 2007, 09:58 PM
scoobyphil2000
Scooby Regular

TOP JOB
Old 17 June 2007, 10:00 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

quality day

thanks again lord harding and crew
Old 17 June 2007, 10:29 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

What can i say again

Trending Topics

Old 17 June 2007, 10:44 PM
Robbieben
Scooby Regular

After 22 years of membership of various clubs and forums, some supported by bigger and better memberships, I can only say "I'm proud to belong".
A brilliant day out, even the weather failed to dent ego's or spirits.

To ALL CONCERNED in the concept that is the NBO, you all deserve a big pat on the back
Old 17 June 2007, 11:00 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

1st NBO and will be definatly back nxt year.

Thanks to all that organised it...

Friendly set of folkes, thanks to the rb5 stand for the yummy fruit thingy mi bobs And also the scooby goody bags that my nephew will love and my neighbours little dude who loves my car is gratefull for his. Nice to talk to folkes.

Nice to meet the dude that organised the rr at the clinic again car blue classic wagon looking good m8.

Will be attending nxt year for sure.
Old 17 June 2007, 11:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

excellent day, apart from the weather. appreciate my late entry onto the list too mr harding, you have my eternal thanks on that one. really good layout for the cars etc, even all the independants like myself.

idea for next year for the noobs like myself? maybe we should have t-shirts with our various usernames on, so it makes recognition easier? walked past several people today, thinking... do you know im "chocolate_o_brian", and not just some fat bloke in a red t-shirt eating a burger

again excellent day, and im just uploading some pics with the camera onto photobucket in a seperate sub folder

andy
Old 17 June 2007, 11:43 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
excellent day, apart from the weather. appreciate my late entry onto the list too mr harding, you have my eternal thanks on that one. really good layout for the cars etc, even all the independants like myself.

idea for next year for the noobs like myself? maybe we should have t-shirts with our various usernames on, so it makes recognition easier? walked past several people today, thinking... do you know im "chocolate_o_brian", and not just some fat bloke in a red t-shirt eating a burger

again excellent day, and im just uploading some pics with the camera onto photobucket in a seperate sub folder

andy
But you me Pete Lewis today
Old 17 June 2007, 11:48 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Mr Lordy sir, a little feedback if I may?

Stop paying for the weather by cheque, you get a lot better retribution if you pay by card

Was a quality day out, even if I did have a 'certain' T-shirt on
Old 17 June 2007, 11:49 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Mr Lordy sir, a little feedback if I may?

Stop paying for the weather by cheque, you get a lot better retribution if you pay by card

Was a quality day out, even if I did have a 'certain' T-shirt on
as long as your not really him. otherwise you may get a few slaps on here.
Old 18 June 2007, 12:08 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
as long as your not really him. otherwise you may get a few slaps on here.
pmsl, no I'm just plain old micky,, nowt special bowt me
Old 18 June 2007, 12:14 AM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Looks like it was going to be a good day.

I could only stay about half an hour (due to family and work commitments), but the quality of displays/stands looked excellent!!

Hats off to all involved in the organisation of the event, and also to all the Scoob owners up and down the country who bother to drive up/down to the event.

Roll on NBO 2008.........I should be back in a Scoob by then.

How wet did you get? As I drove up past Ferrybridge......it FOOKIN LASHED DOWN!!!
Old 18 June 2007, 01:03 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Well done all involved,was a great day.

Everyone was a winner,all great stands,and i even got a lolly and flag of the WR1500 club,wes we were the sad TTS lads in the rain,looking for somewhere to Shelter.

Now where did i see PSLewis.
Old 18 June 2007, 02:22 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

I'd say this was the best yet...

Well done to all for making it a pretty special event...

LADS.. Top stand guys and gals and well desreved on the win.. You and the TTS stand have given us a few ideas for next year...

To the NBO committee.... thanks for all your hard work and preparation.. something like that doesn't just fall together overnight... top stuff

Looking forward to meeting you all out and about this year and again in 08...
Old 18 June 2007, 09:33 AM
monkeysan
Scooby Regular

even PS Lewis made an apearance i believe !!!
i spotted the scally-wag too

good day, weather couldnt dampen the bairns spirits (even if i got collared for a subaru t-shirt as soon as he got out the car )
Old 18 June 2007, 10:40 AM
Big Andrew
Scooby Regular

Great Day and superb amount of cash raised for charity . Was vey well organised and seemed to run smoothly . It was Ayrshirescoobies first shot at the title and to be honest getting 3rd place was a top effort . We also had best Newage so we came home to Scotland with 2 trophies . Nice meeting fellow enthusiasts and we will defo be back next year .

Andy

AyrshireScoobies.com - Home
Old 18 June 2007, 11:36 AM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well done Lordy , Ninnybobs (TTS) and all the Cumbrian Scoobs team on a job well done. Pity about the weather but it didn`t really matter .

My feedback for next year :

1) MERCHANDISING. I think that the point has now come , due to the size and popularity of the beast that is now the NBO , to organise proper NBO merchandise to increase the revenue for the Charity and preserve the brand name. I was taking the charitable donations (Yes entrance money) on the gate from 8AM until 1PM and was asked on numerous occasions by various scooby club members and independents alike as to where NBO Stickers/T Shirts/Caps etc. could be purchased. I had to disappoint them all because there wasn`t any. So we should now start planning for NBO 6 merchandise by either working alongside the MacMillan nurses charity or by franchising through a supplier (because of the amounts of money involved). Or even do it as a franchise through each entered club and make another competition out of it. Whatever way is best it will raise a large amount of money for the charity and raise the profile of the event and of course keep the punters happy.

2) ARENA & JUDGING. From next year ONLY judges and competitors in the show ring , not the mass of supporters like this year , which made judging difficult and of course give the judges more time to do the job.

3) TIGHT WADS GALLERY. From next year anybody moaning about giving money to charity to enter the field will have their photos taken and then will be named and shamed all over t`internet.

Thanks to everybody who happily donated to charity as they entered the field this year. See you all for NBO 6.

Captain
Old 18 June 2007, 11:37 AM
404BHP
Scooby Regular

John couldn't thank you enough it was a fantastic day and thanks for the 1st place ine the ice comp.and also the first time winner in it too.My car is in all the pictures of the tropies being handed out too.The wagon lads are a crazy bunch and you fit right in too Give your self and all the other people who helped out a pat on the back great day out will do it again
Old 18 June 2007, 11:59 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

thanks for the positive comments at the moment ,my heads still spinning with ideas ,inspiration and how to drive this to an even greater level but this is the time with ideas still fresh

my misses wonders why i spend hours on the net but i guess im hooked in the NBO concept
i think we all agree the NBO 5 was the best one yet with all of the club stands really raisng their game

I hope everyone had sent our their spys (as per memo) as so much can be learned by copying/develpng ideas

so much inspration was shown

A fantastic frontage of metal arches 3 banners and bunting by the CS was one of the finest entrances along with top quality fixtures and fittings amdagreat range of cars

TTS awesom with the one vision music on entering

visitors book, raffle tickets ,win a scooby ,club valetor ,TTS babes ,Speys electifying personality (if TTS sack him i want him on the NBO committee)

Ayreshire 18 cars yet the space somehow they found to give a clear walkway
the office facilites were great with a DVD playing of Nig the Stig and the man himself was there ,even his boy had to show us daddys car
Ayreshire had named seats to match thier shirts and DVDs and stationary .
for a group who never venture into England they havre really shown on their first meet just what they are caperable on and are now one of the Big Hitters

The wagon what can i say last years winners and what a performance this year
a guard at the enclosure ,a team inspection ,a familer wagon salut everyone wearing flight suits ,a woman pilot,all names a visit to their 'mess' wagon special mission packs, a special folder of missions, New pilots iner traing and the runway which was laid and sprayed 555 in gold
if you did not visit their stand ytou have missed a fantastic experience

The RB5 and RB320 group what a display of colour a full site tour and RB5oc cakes and n upmarket buffet fantastic display of the RB group the balloons and banners really made it stand out a well rehersed presnetation

the WR1 group and mick c gave the performance of a lifetime of course we all know how special the WR1 is but a full history with research done on every aspaect , the best photo album that is better then most wedding ones
stationary ,enthuasim a lot of thought had gone into the 6 stars linked to the scooby badge , different flags,colour planning to perfection again everyone should of visited micks kingdom a smal lgroup but such passion

The CADS again awesom display of cars and enthusiam and top banners etc along with good office facilities

The Smacs really pulled out the stops again excellent use of colour for their car displays a rally car on trailer loads of group history show how well the SMACs are formed as a professional club loads of new ideas and very enthuastic members

The Yorkshire boys were fantastic as usual excellent display of cars the Atom is thre ultimate crowd puller to draw them in to their display great mix of cars ,yorkshire tea great people and good hstory of activites
and then the
LADS

We know they are big hitters !!!

2 years ago a trophey last year nothing !! metings were held to assantiate por lordy !!! a secret forum was held Cs were banned from their meets
what were they up to
they begged me for extra space
I said NO ""
I gave them 6 reserved spaces along wityh the SMACS ,WYIOC on the back row

They even had a banner up!!!
we knew as we went in it was something special of course the cars were gleaming thatsjust a basic requirement ,they wanted a active stand to keep new members on all day
a wheel changing competion for charity
a photo in a rally car printed off to take away
full LADS cathering facilites no Burgers for those health freeks !!they only had heathy food colour coordinated drinks
full kitchen
WAGS section
Kids s amusements
it was like a house to walk round !!
The library was amazing 12 foot display boards with charity events ,money raised,displays,runs,group history members ,brochurews to sink a battleship folders each dept had seperate team members responsibility was shares out

Come into the show special !!
A scaletrix which must have took ages to built NBO baners LADS and suppliers banners ,cars and even a cpmpetion as per top gear for lap times
so much thought had went into that a seperate sub committe must of spent ages on it

then there was more
The Subaru History every modle on a show card which if we had had more time we would have still be there today
enthusasm, dedication ,amazing it was

fantastic experience and you have really missed part of the NBO experience if you have not visited each club stand display .

We have all come a long long way in 3 years for club standards which i think will continue such is the competive spirit at the NBO
thanks to all those that participated in club stands

You were all fantastic
Old 18 June 2007, 12:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
thanks for the positive comments at the moment ,my heads still spinning with ideas ,inspiration and how to drive this to an even greater level but this is the time with ideas still fresh

my misses wonders why i spend hours on the net but i guess im hooked in the NBO concept
i think we all agree the NBO 5 was the best one yet with all of the club stands really raisng their game

I hope everyone had sent our their spys (as per memo) as so much can be learned by copying/develpng ideas

so much inspration was shown

A fantastic frontage of metal arches 3 banners and bunting by the CS was one of the finest entrances along with top quality fixtures and fittings amdagreat range of cars

TTS awesom with the one vision music on entering

visitors book, raffle tickets ,win a scooby ,club valetor ,TTS babes ,Speys electifying personality (if TTS sack him i want him on the NBO committee)

Ayreshire 18 cars yet the space somehow they found to give a clear walkway
the office facilites were great with a DVD playing of Nig the Stig and the man himself was there ,even his boy had to show us daddys car
Ayreshire had named seats to match thier shirts and DVDs and stationary .
for a group who never venture into England they havre really shown on their first meet just what they are caperable on and are now one of the Big Hitters

The wagon what can i say last years winners and what a performance this year
a guard at the enclosure ,a team inspection ,a familer wagon salut everyone wearing flight suits ,a woman pilot,all names a visit to their 'mess' wagon special mission packs, a special folder of missions, New pilots iner traing and the runway which was laid and sprayed 555 in gold
if you did not visit their stand ytou have missed a fantastic experience

The RB5 and RB320 group what a display of colour a full site tour and RB5oc cakes and n upmarket buffet fantastic display of the RB group the balloons and banners really made it stand out a well rehersed presnetation

the WR1 group and mick c gave the performance of a lifetime of course we all know how special the WR1 is but a full history with research done on every aspaect , the best photo album that is better then most wedding ones
stationary ,enthuasim a lot of thought had gone into the 6 stars linked to the scooby badge , different flags,colour planning to perfection again everyone should of visited micks kingdom a smal lgroup but such passion

The CADS again awesom display of cars and enthusiam and top banners etc along with good office facilities

The Smacs really pulled out the stops again excellent use of colour for their car displays a rally car on trailer loads of group history show how well the SMACs are formed as a professional club loads of new ideas and very enthuastic members

The Yorkshire boys were fantastic as usual excellent display of cars the Atom is thre ultimate crowd puller to draw them in to their display great mix of cars ,yorkshire tea great people and good hstory of activites
and then the
LADS

We know they are big hitters !!!

2 years ago a trophey last year nothing !! metings were held to assantiate por lordy !!! a secret forum was held Cs were banned from their meets
what were they up to
they begged me for extra space
I said NO ""
I gave them 6 reserved spaces along wityh the SMACS ,WYIOC on the back row

They even had a banner up!!!
we knew as we went in it was something special of course the cars were gleaming thatsjust a basic requirement ,they wanted a active stand to keep new members on all day
a wheel changing competion for charity
a photo in a rally car printed off to take away
full LADS cathering facilites no Burgers for those health freeks !!they only had heathy food colour coordinated drinks
full kitchen
WAGS section
Kids s amusements
it was like a house to walk round !!
The library was amazing 12 foot display boards with charity events ,money raised,displays,runs,group history members ,brochurews to sink a battleship folders each dept had seperate team members responsibility was shares out

Come into the show special !!
A scaletrix which must have took ages to built NBO baners LADS and suppliers banners ,cars and even a cpmpetion as per top gear for lap times
so much thought had went into that a seperate sub committe must of spent ages on it

then there was more
The Subaru History every modle on a show card which if we had had more time we would have still be there today
enthusasm, dedication ,amazing it was

fantastic experience and you have really missed part of the NBO experience if you have not visited each club stand display .

We have all come a long long way in 3 years for club standards which i think will continue such is the competive spirit at the NBO
thanks to all those that participated in club stands

You were all fantastic

shame the "official weatherman" couldnt conjour up decent conditiond for you all. i do apologise on that front
Old 18 June 2007, 12:13 PM
NeilSR
Stickerman!

I'll be speaking to martin and john next year about a follow on stand with this one being my first, official nbo goodies will be available.

NBO hoodies and t-shirts were available on the day which were cleared through lordharding first, a few were sold but still got loads left if anyone is interested (please pm) but stickers and further branding will be available next year

A good day from me, my first nbo and my first trade stand, got a few ideas for next year and well done to the TTS lads, was excellent being part of the 2nd place stand!

And thankyou to those who purchased goodies on the day, its much appreciated

Neil and the rest of the staff
StickMeUp - The One Stop Shop For All Your Vinyl Graphic Needs

Last edited by NeilSR; 18 June 2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: english skills
Old 18 June 2007, 12:32 PM
midnightsti
Scooby Regular

Lordy, it was a fantastic day even if it did rain, im glad everyone loved the car, and i was over the moon to take 1st place for modifed new age and car of show.

Roll on next year coz i've got more tricks up my sleve

Cheers!!!

Old 18 June 2007, 12:40 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Fantastic looking car you have their Craig, well worthy of Best of Show ans Best Modified Newage!

Great day out had by all @ Ayrshirescoobies and winning 3rd place in Best Club Stand and 1st place Best Unmodified Newage from a club not even a year old! SUPERB!!!!

S!
Old 18 June 2007, 12:58 PM
midnightsti
Scooby Regular

thanks paul, was great to meet you all, you really are some nice people and it was a pleasure to meet you all.

Cheers

C
Old 18 June 2007, 01:43 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

The fundraising went really well with the Captain ,Gaz and the rest of the cumbrian scoobs along with the club NBO mascot (the walking scooby )working the crowds to get the pennys rolling in for charity we more then doubled last years figure of £3140 cash on the day .
excellent effort all round

Only one donutter but he got away before mark the Terzo got his camera out but if we track him down he will be named and shamed on here !!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Funny moment and there is always one!!
As per memo which you all read £5 donation no change buckets are sealed most of you just chucked a tenner in or a fiver and all your loose change !!

Tight wad said 'i onlyhave a ten pound note !!.

Gaz 'tough its for charity in the bucket !! and get parked up !!!.'

Tight wad 'but i want a meal 'and need the change '

By this time the convoy is backed up for 2 miles !!!

Gaz 'well its a tenner but come to the CS stand and we will give you a free cumbrian scoobs burger ' !!!

there is now scoobys packed up behind and impatient !!

tight wad says 'thats disgracefull 'and puts the tenner in and drives onto field !!

Tight wad parks up comes back makes a song and dance until he gets his fiver back ""

there is always one in 299 scoobies so i hope he ran out of petrol on his way home !!
Next year the captain ,Gaz and mark the Terzo will be ready to name and shame him
Old 18 June 2007, 01:51 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i bet the same person buys his oil from lidls too like pslewis
Old 18 June 2007, 01:56 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Cant believe someone was moaning about a fiver?????

These nurses do a fantastic job and if the 10 quid i stuck in the bucket helps in anyway then its worth it.

Im sure this charity is close to all our hearts, some closer than others.

And we all no how much money we throw at our scoobs.

Think nxt year we should charge the guy 20 quid.

Quick Reply: NBO OFFICIALfeedback thread