Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Today at Oulton...............

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2001, 09:57 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Not much to say really, in fact I'll leave it to the people who were there, sufice to say that the P1 WAS the car ! Caught and passed Ralliarts own factory car, Blades 450bhp EVO monster (gorgeous car), EVO 7 Extreme, 350 bhp Integrale, Caterham motorbike thingy, Westies, Caterhams, Exiges......TIME and TIME again.......on track ALL DAY......nothing got passed, nothing came near.....I love my P1 to bits
(Obviously still buzzin from the days activites)
Old 19 December 2001, 10:00 PM
Scooby Wagon
Scooby Regular

Chris

Brilliant, glad you had a good day,

Paul
Old 19 December 2001, 10:45 PM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another 1/2 hour and I would have had you.....
Old 19 December 2001, 10:50 PM
adge
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry couldn't make it due to pressure of work. I would have loved to see you blow all the others away. I'll have to make do with Darren's tales of daring do. I believe he had to rush home and change his underpants
Old 19 December 2001, 11:24 PM
Timo
Scooby Regular

nice one mellow...You are the boy!!

see you soon mate

Tim
Old 19 December 2001, 11:29 PM
ChrisB

Sounds like I missed a great day

Just been reading about somebody thrashing a Zafira 1.8 Auto around with the windows down and choons on having a right laugh. Was that today Mellow?
Old 20 December 2001, 12:38 AM
AndyMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one Chris!

Didn't really get to see that much of you - only there in the morning for a few hours, but you didn't seem to be by your car when I was.

Blistering pace though - from all on track, but especially P1 performance!

Cheers

Andy

Trending Topics

Old 20 December 2001, 08:15 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Cool

I was in the passenger seat while Mellow passed several Lotus Elise then he battered a 933 GT2 Porsche and then we came upon Blades Monster Evo and trust me this thing is a ******* Monster but it's then he had to indicate to the right to let us past. You could see the look on Blades face after all the banter on the Evo site as he HAD to let us pass and then watched us leave him far behind. WHOS THE DADDY, SCOOBYS ARE THE DADDY !!!!!(LOL)

Cheers Mellow for a top day, nice to meet all the Waranders lot as well.

Darren.

[Edited by Darren Thompson - 12/20/2001 8:17:39 AM]

[Edited by Darren Thompson - 12/20/2001 8:59:32 AM]
Old 20 December 2001, 08:33 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

I knew you'd blow them all away!

Whatever happened to all the "active YAWN control"?

King by name King by nature!
Well done Subaru.

Cheers
Rich
Old 20 December 2001, 09:15 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Cool

LOL @ Paulmon.....the fiesta was unbelievably quick, s'pecially round corners, very s'prised and brilliant driving/handling....get's you thinking Paul ! Enjoy Santa's pressie today

Tim, you'd have loved it, top day. Xmas meet hopefully ? Hows your car ?

ChrisB...dont know about choons from a car but later in the day there was a bloody people carrier going round....couldn't believe my eyes when I came across it....fair do's though the peeps inside were giving it some....respect !

Andyman, sorry I missed you, I spent little time in the pits, out most of the day, c'ept for me lunch break that was forced upon me by my "pit crew"

Darren....what can I say, never stopped chatting from start to finish....dont know wether it was the nerves of your iminent arrival (hope all is well) or high on adrenelin like I ? either way, the Blade EVO indicated RIGHT Darren....not LEFT Phew....

Rich....another brill day mate, you'd have done well today, great circuit, great battles....next year !

Having visited the Lancer forum under both General Discussions and Trackdays, the EVO chaps have recognised just how good the scoob can be...I had to laugh though coz I've never heard so many excuses in my life..." to wet, to dry, to greasy, car's set up wrong, to many cars on track, to sunny, to dull,to many blue cars out, tyres to soft, wrong colour tyres...." I think you get the drift

Thanks to all the help given to me yesterday, we are almost as quick as the F1 boys at fuel and tyre stops
Old 20 December 2001, 09:22 AM
ChrisB

Cool

From the Scottish Elises list:

Yup, it is true...Peter has video evidence of Mike & myself hurtling around Oulton in a 1.8i Zafira (auto with 'sport' function). Windows down, sunroof open, traction control on, heated seats set on '5', S Club 7 on the tape deck. Oh, and a wind-up ****ing novelty Monkey dangling from the rear view
mirror.

I honest-to-god swear that is the truth!!!!

The GT2 had a hell of a job, Mike's pace was so hot, and the ABS allowed us to outbrake a 340R.

Mike has actually now been approached by Vauxhall who are ditching Plato etc and their poxy Astra and in fact entering Mike "Daddy Cool" Brown in a heavily modded Zafira.
Old 20 December 2001, 12:35 PM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Top day out Chris, cheers mate. I'll be more help next time now my problems are sorted

Dreading my next mobile bill tho

Met some new face's and some usual one's too, all top people.

Skip.

P.S if I never see another mint imperial or lemon bon bon it'll be too soon

[Edited by Skippy - 12/20/2001 12:38:27 PM]
Old 20 December 2001, 01:55 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Wink

Don't mention the sweets Ian might bring more next time !!!!!!!!

P.S: Chris the only time I was talking to you was when we were stuck in the traffic jam behind the 933 GT2, when we got going and caught blade I shut the **** up. That was fear!

Shame about the session being cancelled due to that Elise wiping out at Cascades/Lakeside as you were just getting into the swing of things.

Darren.
Old 20 December 2001, 04:19 PM
DjacK
Scooby Regular

Did u miss something here?? Yes u did!

Let me just say, that RC Developments evo WAS the fastest car on the day.. Mellows car WAS also Very fast.. Blades car the monster EVO is faster than RC Developments car, and did have engine problems on the day.. So didnot perform..

Talk about being biased to your own motor mellow!

Old 20 December 2001, 07:02 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Well its great if you own a tuning company that does its own car but i bet Mellow was the quickest non-company owned car there and yes we all know that their 400bhp evo is great but have you tried their 400bhp scoob yet???

Tony
Old 20 December 2001, 07:31 PM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mellow,
Was yours the one with the scoobycity stickers down the side?
I was there in the afternoon and that was the only P1 I saw on track.(i think)
Cheers Rob.
Old 20 December 2001, 07:36 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

D.J.
Fair comment mate, however, I gave away masses of power all round and was seriously thinking of buying an EVO as well as the P1.....and I know how quick Clives car is ! but what I did.....I did matey.....simple as that.....nothing to do with mixing the pot with a big wooden stick....after all, it was you boys who told me to "wake up and smell the coffee" and that "you'd wave as you pass me by"......if you cant walk the walk D.J........dont talk the talk....nuff said.....the P1 whooped the EVO's botties
Old 20 December 2001, 07:50 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Rob, it was mate, www.scoobyscene.co.uk
Old 20 December 2001, 09:51 PM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Old 20 December 2001, 10:24 PM
droid42
Scooby Regular

"and then we came upon Blades Monster Evo and trust me this thing is a ******* Monster but it's then he had to indicate to the right to let us past. You could see the look on Blades face after all the banter on the Evo site as he HAD to let us pass and then watched us leave him far behind. WHOS THE DADDY, SCOOBYS ARE THE DADDY !!!!!(LOL)"

Calm down ... as already pointed out, Blade's car was well down on power yesterday (I spoke to him this afternoon and it looks quite bad ... even his M5 managed to pull away on a dual carriageway!)

Possibly even worse than the engine problems, the springs unhooked themselves early on in the day so not even the handling was up to scratch. This is most definitely the car's main strength ... at Bruntingthorpe it was only running 0.8 bar boost (the engine was being run in) and it was still easily the quickest car there.

If it had been on song it would probably have been the fastest car there by a fair stretch.

Sorry to p*ss on your bonfire Mellow ... you and your car were very impressive though. Excellent driving!

Ian.
Old 20 December 2001, 10:50 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Ian,
I know Tony had probs, his car has to be the best set up production car I've shared a trackday with, I for one look forward to seeing it perform when sorted.....I know in truth what it is capable of (in the right hands), as said on your Lancer forum Ian, it was the EVO peeps who started the banter on how the'd wave as they passed me by and your moderator, Simon saying "and then I woke up" etc.....and it didn't happen.....and I'm gloating....simple as that.
Fantastic day though and great people met yet again.....till next time
Old 20 December 2001, 10:56 PM
droid42
Scooby Regular

Mellow,

It's not my Lancer forum ... I own the E46 M3 Coupe that was also there yesterday and am considered something of an interloper there too

I had a fairly slow day due to the conditions and due to some suspiciously wobbly discs once some heat got into them As I look into my crystal ball for next year I see yet more expensive stopper upgrades. Better start saving ...

Ian.
Old 20 December 2001, 11:29 PM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Mellow, sorry, thats what I ment. It definatley sounded the best flying past the pit lane , I was pretty impressed by all the flames from the Evos though!
Rob.
Old 21 December 2001, 08:16 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Talking

Droid42 I don’t want to calm down, anyway why should I ?????

I had a great day, my wife is expecting our first child any day now and it's Christmas and all the Evos and M3's got whipped by Mellow in his P1 and I was in the passenger seat to see it.

As for Blades problems yes I agree the car was not running well but was there not some banter on the Evo site so what’s wrong with having banter on the Scooby site ????

Darren.
Old 21 December 2001, 06:11 PM
Tony_Rodriguez
Scooby Newbie

Hi, Blade here - just wanted to clear up some points:

1) Mellow's car is excellent, and so was his driving.
2) My car normally has 380bhp (not 450), and was suffering froma serious misfire and running very rich - faulty airflow meter - actually was only running around 300bhp on the day, if that as we had to drop the boost.
3) The car was stupidly set up for a dry day, and found no grip with the slicks on at all (ok on the straight).
4)Later in the afternoon when I fitted some road tyres (about 3pm) the rear springs dislocated when jacking up the car - didn't really notice it until on the way home, but this made the handling even worse (we just thought it was the new S02s not having been run in properly).
5)My car is privately owned, not a tuner demonstrator, and is my pride and joy.

Despite all that, in the morning, Ed Moore took the car out and overtook you Mellow, and caught the Ralliart car (before it dived in the pits) and overtook the GT2. Nobody ever overtook him. The only time the car was being overtaken was when I was driving it, and I think everything overtook me as I was going dog slow just trying to learn the lines - I recall fiestas, mantas and even a punto going past! I don't know Oulton (first time) and was very uncomfortable driving the car in the condition it was in. Whenever anyone got near, I just let them past.

I didn't see the RC car go round, but from what I saw your car did look (to me at least) to be the fastest there, and as I have said before, you are a very good driver (I alas am not!).

I personally don't car which marque is better, or which car was quicker on the day. Without a doubt the GT2 was the fastest car there, just not on that day. I love the P1 and thought your car was really good.

Look forward to a different day without problems so we can have a better comparison.
Old 21 December 2001, 06:13 PM
Tony_Rodriguez
Scooby Newbie

And I am amazed you could see a look on my face with a full face helmet on!?!?!

I am just sorry I kept getting in your way and spoiling your fast laps!

If you recall, there wasn't any banter from me, only private conversation with mellow about cars in general. It was other EVO owners bragging, not me.
Old 21 December 2001, 06:17 PM
Tony_Rodriguez
Scooby Newbie

Smile

BTW, Mellow, I will post you the days I intend doing next year. Would be fun to meet up again. Would actually like to sit in your passenger seat if that is ok - actually, you promised me a driver seat ride too, but may have changed your mind now after wednesday
Old 21 December 2001, 07:02 PM
droid42
Scooby Regular

Darren,

"all the Evos and M3's got whipped by Mellow in his P1"

Yes, but as Blade pointed out, some didn't. And tut, tut for thinking that the Scooby beating a bunch of RWD cars in the wet is anything even worth mentioning

Have a good Xmas and good luck for the new arrival!

Ian
Old 21 December 2001, 07:25 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

To put this to bed once and for all......the only time ANYONE passed me was on my cool down laps....and I kept over to the right with my indicator on..... and then when I changed onto full slicks at 2.40pm I spent the first 2-3 laps warming them up and kept to the right of the track with my indicator on !
What I will argue is that on any track....at any time....in any weather....put ANY EVO with the SAME power/torque as my P1 and I defy any to beat it.......likewise.....were mine the same power/torque etc....as all the improved EVO's.....I'd still beat it !
The GT2 was not the quickest car on track.......not on Wednesday Tony....were I still to own my F40 I'm sure that would've been the quickest car.......on certain circuits....
I'm bored with this now and dont want any ill feeling at any meets we may turn up at EVO's Subaru's.....Subaru's Evo's......brill cars.....
It would be a great pleasure for me to offer you my passenger seat when next we meet up mate....Donnington 30th December ??? not that I do many you'll understand
Have a great Christmas and lets hope for a prosperous New Year

[Edited by Mellow Yellow ! - 12/21/2001 7:29:18 PM]
Old 22 December 2001, 01:28 AM
Tony_Rodriguez
Scooby Newbie

Mellow - car is off the road now having the various probs sorted. Next date for me is 25th Feb at Goodwood.

Quick Reply: Today at Oulton...............