Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Its a sad day

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2006, 08:30 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its a sad day

Deposit paid seat Ibiza ordered! I really want to keep the scooby but based on 9000 miles per year and ave fuel consumption of 24 mpg for the scoob and 52 mpg for the seat and taking the insurance and road tax into acount the Ibiza FR TDi cost £1446 less to run. But the figures aren't bad the Ibiza FR TDi it possesses some serious clout in the mid-range and the TDi FR pulls like a train from 30-70mph with a torque figure 229-lb/ft its better than a BMW330i or the old Renault Clio V6 and a Boxster. and thats before chiping

I also need a hatch back as the dogs aren't based placed on a back seat and no i don't want a wagon Steve
Old 09 September 2006, 08:34 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

It will be a shame to see you go - you still going to pop up and say hello on some of our monthly meets?
Old 09 September 2006, 08:38 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
It will be a shame to see you go - you still going to pop up and say hello on some of our monthly meets?
Deffo, and am looking forward to the SMACSS (South Manchester and cheshire Subaru's & Seats ) rolling road day in janruary so i can see how much power its really kicking out as it appears the claimed power and the actual power are very different, the minimun pre mapping BHp figure i have seen is 139 BHP the average seems to be the Mid 140's. Good old SEAT sending em out of the factory with more power!! Besides i will get another Scooby in a few years of that i am sure.
Old 09 September 2006, 08:45 PM
scoobyverysoon

LOL - I know what you mean about the costs - Ive never been so skint in all my life ive got a mega service next wednesday

Was giving her car the JK special today wash wax etc and after it looked brand new - I PMSL as the cury delivery guy commented on our cars looking so well and said do you fancy selling her Pug 106.
Old 09 September 2006, 09:21 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

grim

you better bring your seat to a meet so i can laugh at it
Old 09 September 2006, 09:25 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pete higham
grim

you better bring your seat to a meet so i can laugh at it
Thanks Pete, can allways rely on you for sympathy! but when the times right (3 years away) and i get a new age impreza i will Laugh at the uglyness of the bug eye once again

Last edited by MY93WRX; 09 September 2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10 September 2006, 09:34 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

A sad day indeed Martin, but needs must eh! More than welcome to the monthly meets and no reason you can't come on one or two of the shorter drives
Old 10 September 2006, 10:03 AM
missyc
Scooby Regular

After nearly 2 years without the scoob, I still want to wave at imprezas! and a smile when I hear the burble.

My Fab vRS will have some company when/if I get over to a SMACS meet

After getting used to the different handling (particularly twisties taken with less haste) my likkle skoda goes like a rocket

A friend got the Ibiza FR at about the same tima and he's been VERY happy with it.
Old 10 September 2006, 10:54 AM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
A sad day indeed Martin, but needs must eh! More than welcome to the monthly meets and no reason you can't come on one or two of the shorter drives
Thanks chris, when its chipped im sure i'll be able to acompany a short run. im also reserving a slot on the SMACS RR day next year also if thats Ok as their is a big consensus that the 130 engine comes out of factory with more than it's ment to, the SEAT ferternity have seen loads of standard cars producing between 139-150 bhp when run in.
Old 10 September 2006, 11:29 AM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

one of the WYIOC guys has gone down the Seat route when on the RR he was pushing some big figures I think he was over 400lb/ft torque.

Have fun with the new car but look out for the understear!!
Old 10 September 2006, 11:30 AM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

Is it brand new?
Old 10 September 2006, 12:49 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy S.
Is it brand new?

It is indeed. I did look for a pre owned one but the FR has only been around for 2 yrs and there arn't many and it wasn't much dearer to get a new one especialy thankds to the net I got £1074 0f List from Lookers stockport. They come with traction control but i think i'll turn it off so i can us the tried and tested lift of understeer to encourage oversteer method to have fun. Not as nuch fun as AWD though! Could be quick though They reckon a REVO stage 1 remap will give 170-190 BHP and 290 + lb/ft tourque depending on the premaped power of the engine.
Old 10 September 2006, 03:08 PM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by MY93WRX
Deposit paid seat Ibiza ordered! I really want to keep the scooby but based on 9000 miles per year and ave fuel consumption of 24 mpg for the scoob and 52 mpg for the seat and taking the insurance and road tax into acount the Ibiza FR TDi cost £1446 less to run.

WTF

You quote that its £1446 cheaper to run the Seat but then you are buying a brand new car that you will loose £3500 as soon as you drive it out of the showroom, if you said you where buying a 6 month old car than your argument makes sense

Any way good luck with the new car

At least its not got bug eye head lights
Old 10 September 2006, 03:13 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

and you wont be parked that far away from us at the btcc at Oulton next year either:

Old 10 September 2006, 04:04 PM
white scooby
Scooby Senior

one of the WYIOC guys has gone down the Seat route when on the RR he was pushing some big figures I think he was over 400lb/ft torque.

Have fun with the new car but look out for the understear!!
It was my Seat at the Clinic on the rollers, made 212 bhp, 360lbft . . with a slipping clutch. Although i am trying for 400lbft from it
Old 10 September 2006, 04:20 PM
LEUVEN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MY93WRX
Deposit paid seat Ibiza ordered! I really want to keep the scooby but based on 9000 miles per year and ave fuel consumption of 24 mpg for the scoob and 52 mpg for the seat and taking the insurance and road tax into acount the Ibiza FR TDi cost £1446 less to run. But the figures aren't bad the Ibiza FR TDi it possesses some serious clout in the mid-range and the TDi FR pulls like a train from 30-70mph with a torque figure 229-lb/ft its better than a BMW330i or the old Renault Clio V6 and a Boxster. and thats before chiping

I also need a hatch back as the dogs aren't based placed on a back seat and no i don't want a wagon Steve
I can only imagine that if you drive it hard then the mpg will surely plummet to somewhere near what your scoob was doing, especially when you tune the car to similar power.
Plus like Andy said about the money lost on switching cars too.(at least two years of running the scoob)

It's your choice at the end of the day but I'd sell organs and body parts before parting with my scoob.
Old 10 September 2006, 05:46 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LEUVEN
I can only imagine that if you drive it hard then the mpg will surely plummet to somewhere near what your scoob was doing, especially when you tune the car to similar power.
Plus like Andy said about the money lost on switching cars too.(at least two years of running the scoob)

It's your choice at the end of the day but I'd sell organs and body parts before parting with my scoob.
WTF

You quote that its £1446 cheaper to run the Seat but then you are buying a brand new car that you will loose £3500 as soon as you drive it out of the showroom, if you said you where buying a 6 month old car than your argument makes sense

Any way good luck with the new car

At least its not got bug eye head lights
I got it for around the same price a 6 month old car sells for at the dealers, so i couldn't relly say no to a new one. looking on seat forums people with revo'd pd 130's still get 40+ MPG when playing on back lanes, i also need a hatchback for the dogs and also i am going to have to move out of home shortley and the postcodes i can afford to live in won't insure WRX's. I also keep thinking about what happened to the Chiefs car and that would be a devastating event financialy.

In an ideal world i'd keep the scooby for weekends but i will have to waite a few years and get a newer one.

Last edited by MY93WRX; 10 September 2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10 September 2006, 07:46 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

SEAT =

bugeye scooby or any other scooby =

i would of bought a old banger like the chief if it was me
Old 10 September 2006, 10:49 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Old banger? Do you mean his scoob or his peugeot?
Old 10 September 2006, 10:58 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by supertouring
Old banger? Do you mean his scoob or his peugeot?
his pug of course what are you trying to imply about the chiefs scoob
Old 11 September 2006, 08:37 AM
Gillp95
Scooby Regular

Old 11 September 2006, 06:25 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc

Good luck martin, hope it all works out for you and saves you some pennies. See you at one of the meets soon Im sure!
Old 12 September 2006, 08:39 AM
Scooby Senior

Shame about this Martin, When's it coming????

I Wouldnt mind a blast in that, I'll bring the Integrale keys with me and we'll do a swap I can feel a diesel joining the fleet soon myself

I've heard that a live remap is the way to go, rather than just a chip
Old 12 September 2006, 09:08 AM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 500
Shame about this Martin, When's it coming????

I Wouldnt mind a blast in that, I'll bring the Integrale keys with me and we'll do a swap I can feel a diesel joining the fleet soon myself

I've heard that a live remap is the way to go, rather than just a chip
Live remap is the way ahead, aparently they just plug in the laptop and 10 minutes later its done, and you can swith it back for servicing or if you have a warrenty issue!! Look forward to seing the intergrale, have allways wanted to drive one, but remember my diesel won't be run in sp you'll have to be gentle untill its warmed up.

As for whats coming SEAT Ibiza FR TDI PD 130, Its very toqrque the stats say 229-lb/ft torque and thats more BMW330i, the oldClio V6, a Boxster and My WRX. Thats before a REVO remap Group 8 insurance returns an average fuel consumption of 55.4mpg. 172 alloys, sports supension, Aparently they all come out of the factory with nearer 140-145 bhp mark as opposed to the claimed 130. Shame it's 2 wheel drive and doesn't have a flat 4 engine. But its more practical for me with my impending move out of home, new job and for carting dogs around (the 4 leg variety)

Last edited by MY93WRX; 12 September 2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12 September 2006, 09:28 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

but its a diesel and a seat martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
oh how much power do you think its got
Old 13 September 2006, 09:02 AM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

[quote=moneys]but its a diesel and a seat martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
oh how much power do you think its got [/quote}
SEAT = Volkswagen!!!! Diesel = Cheaper Fuel bills and dirt cheap insurance. As for power the claimed power is 130 BHP and more torque than my wrx, but it seems to be common for them to come out of the factory with more power and toeque, the lowest standard BHP i've seen on the net is 139BHP alot seem to be in the mid 140's. Its a lighter too with sports suspension so i can see a bit of scooby chasing on the cards
Old 13 September 2006, 03:55 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

i think you have said that a couple of times now martin i think you are just trying to drum it in your head that the seat is the good option when in reality its not
Old 13 September 2006, 04:47 PM
scoobyverysoon

LOL - I was waiting for someone to say something
Old 13 September 2006, 04:50 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

scooby chasing martin? you didn't do that when you had one!
Old 13 September 2006, 09:42 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

what sort of torque has it got? does it have a VW badge on the front ? if it doesnt why didnt you buy the skoda as its better and as you say skoda seat VW

Quick Reply: Its a sad day