Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Fab Mechanic - Leeds/York area

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2006, 10:53 AM
KnobbySP1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fab Mechanic - Leeds/York area

We all have dealer service nightmare stories so I thought I'd share some good experience for a change to help any of you that might be struggling with where to take you pride and joy in the Leeds/York area.

I'd just finished a major project build with Scoobymania in Nottingham. I had a few niggles (no major issues with the build) that I wanted to get sorted but it was a real bind to have to go back to Nottingham.

Big hats off to Rick (sub1600). Although I only listed them as niggles after the build a couple were real brain teasers. He's completely refitted and reworked the exhaust to stop it knocking on the prop (more like a 4D rubics cube), traced and corrected an oil leak (devious little bugger!), replaced my ball joint (ooer) and a few other bits that he spotted. He also replaced my aircon compressor through Bowetts.

Proves the point that he's a real asset on 2 fronts:

If you want something "normal" doing through a main dealer at a good price - he's your man. Safe pair of hand for your baby rather than the faceless and crap dealer service most of us have suffered.

If you want something "abnormal" such as project work that dealers won't touch, he's only too ready to get his teeth stuck in!!

A few of you have already used him and I can only echo their comments - if you've got any issues with your pride and joy, do yourself a big favour and contact Rick.

Best to contact him via Email (rick@rae-motorsport.co.uk) since he rarely gets the chance to browse on Scoobynet.
Old 09 August 2006, 08:49 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Is he based in Elvington area?????

Anthony
Old 09 August 2006, 09:20 PM
killa
Scooby Regular

OH yes, and works in Leeds...
Old 09 August 2006, 11:28 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

oh i thought you meant fab as in the fella that worked on lady penelope,s car in the thunderbirds!!!!! silly me , the things that cross your mind when you,ve been drinking