Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Lakes Run 29th July

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2001, 07:16 PM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just a quick note so say that I had a fantastic time on Sunday. I was in the red 97 without any body mods. It was pure chance that I met up with you all after having met another Scooby nut in the village. I had never been out on a run like that before and am looking forward to the next one. You are all mad, hope that I didn't hold you guys up at all.
Old 29 July 2001, 09:56 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Wink

Good to meet you Chaz, welcome to Scoobynet.
Thanks to Mellow for getting it all organized and to everyone else for not leaving us new boys behind !

Pete (Blue MY00)
Old 30 July 2001, 12:04 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Talking

Banshi,

Thank you again to Shirley and yourself for your hospitality, the BBQ was lovely, no ill effects.....yet

Hope to do it again sometime

Michelle.
Old 30 July 2001, 07:49 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Chaz, welcome aboard mate.
We've lots coming up each weekend so keep your eye on the "area" boards, especially the Northern section.
Hope the pace wasn't too quick, most of us had the benefit of having done that route several times before so knew what to expect etc...The lovely man in the red UK with cream/tan leather interior was from that area and although he'd normally frequent with the North East peeps he found it hard to keep up with that blue thing with a roll cage and go faster gauges in I believed he "cooked" his brakes trying though
Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves, apart from the Jaguar driver...Mr J.P
Sorry I couldn't make the b.b.q. barry, promised my boys a game of cricket, so needed to get home.
Richard, hope your heartbeat has returned to normal, bet you never thought we could corner so slow eh
Michelle...........no brake lights eh ? did that fault have a knock on effect with your gearbox ? just wondering why you couldn't get it out of 2nd ah..just remembered, your'e still running it in You still need a bl**dy compass..ULSWATER...BIG..HUGE...hotel on right hand side next to the lake, large carpark full of scoobs...!!!
Till next time then
Chris
Old 30 July 2001, 09:12 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Spot the idiot... Went to coniston on Friday night, along with world+dog. Camped friday and Saturday night. Had a few beers on Saturday night. Woke up at 10am Sunday with tent to strike and in Coniston.

Roads were chock-a-block, so God only knows how you found clear bits!

Nick
(who would recommend a coniston base for the next one )
Old 30 July 2001, 09:31 AM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Thanks to Mellow for another chance to do some of my favourite roads. If I had carried on 1/2 mile down Ullswater I might have found you all @ the hotel

Thanks to Michelle for talking me into it on Saturday It was a good run & nice to arrive at the pub first rather than last

Thanks to Banshi for the Barbi, how are your charcoal sarnies?

Amanda, sorry I didn't wait about for you, , I didn't think until I was half way down the hill, DOH! Hope your not still driving around Huddersfield.

Need a day off 'cos I'm knackered!

Chris

[This message has been edited by CharlieWhiskey (edited 30 July 2001).]
Old 30 July 2001, 09:58 AM
ChrisB

Cool

Cracking dayout Gromit! Another excellent day all round.

I love the road south from Kirkby Stephen, especially that 90 right over the railway bridge and sweeping left that follows. Even better in the dry this time!

PeteT - no problem. Only that one wrong turn before we hit that dual carriageway for the run to Kirby Stephen but we soon had the flock gathered up again and back on track.

Banshi - thanks for the hospitality again. No food poisoning to report yet

I got home at 3.50am this morning. Hence, I’m only slightly knackered!

Top day with top company and top roads. When's the next run? Hopefully I'll make it up to Harewood next weekend.

Cheers,

ChrisB.

Trending Topics

Old 30 July 2001, 10:16 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Run out of superlatives now, everyone there contributed to a great day, (even 'Chell)

BIG thanks to all who came back and alleviated Shirleys' Scooby deprivation.

Just waiting to hear what the neighbours say
BTW (Big) Kids doo may be Sunday not Monday, will confirm.

thanks again
B
Old 30 July 2001, 10:36 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Hi Folks,

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

What a Day! Thanks a million Chris for letting me sit beside you. It was an experience I will never forget. Until yesterday I thought I was a good driver but now I realise I am an Amateur. I have never in my life driven with someone who can drive like Mellow did. The car is a beast too. No one could stay with him for any length of time. We had the **** out so many times IN THE DRY, I lost count but it was all beautifully controlled. POETRY.

I must admit I bobbed myself through the first few bends , having never been with him before, but after about 2 mins I thought "this guy knows what he's doing" and I was relaxed throughout the whole trip.

My car now feels like a 1.0 Micra with a big exhaust.

Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves. We enjoyed the scenery while waiting for you to all catch up
(flame suit on)

The award for the dirtiest look of the day went to Mr. S-Type (your honour), who would probably have got "filled in" if I could have got out of my harness quick enough!

Speaking of which, doesn't it P!ss you off when you get dirty looks from the Bran eating, sandal wearing, Woolly Jumper Brigade when driving WITHIN THE LEGAL LIMIT just because you have a loud exhaust. Who DO they think they are? Sell all your antiques and buy a proper car you sad, self righteous b@stards!

Anyway, rant over, top day. Can't wait for the next one.

Rich

[This message has been edited by RICH WILD (edited 30 July 2001).]
Old 30 July 2001, 11:46 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mellow Yellow !:
<B>Michelle...........no brake lights eh ? did that fault have a knock on effect with your gearbox ? just wondering why you couldn't get it out of 2nd ah..just remembered, your'e still running it in You still need a bl**dy compass..ULSWATER...BIG..HUGE...hotel on right hand side next to the lake, large carpark full of scoobs...!!!
[/quote]

Car park full of scoobies, seen as Amanda and I were THIRD!!!! Two scoobies doesn't exactly count as a LARGE CAR PARK FULL OF SCOOBS DOES IT?
As for getting it out of second, it helps if the car in front does that too. Didn't want ot run into the back of you my dear, what with you having a more expensive car and all that.
Brake lights now up and running.

It was a good day, my rex proved she could keep pace with the two P1s in front, until I got stuck behind two executive cars who were already quite irritated from the first Scoob!!!!! Hence they blocked me overtaking at most points and I decided to back off.

I thought it was supposed to be a drive in the park Mellow not a flat out excursion????
However, once my car is set up to how I want it, it will be interesting to see how they copmpare won't it............

I decided once Amanda and I had picked up CharlieWhiskey to continue on anyway and had a superb little run.

Mellow if I had waited and followed you there is no doubt my car would be in a hedge somewhere. My car just isn't at the right set up to carry lots of speed through a corner, even on the straights, where the road was bumpy I was backing of because the car was just bouncing everwhere.

At the pace I was going (which was rapid) my brakes were fading rapidly, the dampers might as well not have been there..........the back end was twitching round corners for no reason (which was fun but meant I had to carry less speed than normal into corners) And there is a wierd elecy problem I can't work out at the moment which means the car is suffering from surging and hesitation........

All in all a good day out.

Michelle.

[This message has been edited by MichelleWRX1994 (edited 30 July 2001).]
Old 30 July 2001, 02:45 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

We will have to get things properly sorted next time. It's a waste travelling home in the small hours when you and Chris could have just climbed into bed.

B

Old 30 July 2001, 06:50 PM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Cool

Top, top day!

Only just stopped giggling...though couldnt keep up with Rich...great to see a man so happy!

Michelle, I know that bunny was dead, you didn't have to rub it in tho'
It sure was a pleasure to ride with you tho...you are sweet not to blame your navigator for missing that hotel

Banshi...er your meant to let the bbq warm up...anyone else suffering today
Pity you didnt manage to get any piccys of Michelle and me....that one of you was good tho, why dont you post it!!

Charlie Whiskey...thought you just needed to give me a head start in that VW...its not that quick you know!!! Ta for the lift to Huddersfield know it like the back of my hand now

Michael...thanks for inviting me and providing me with the most ideal lift up there

Good to meet more new peeps...need to get my own again!

Amanda
Old 30 July 2001, 07:15 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Rich, no need....I'm blushing from the toes up mate The P1 makes it look a lot easier Glad you didn't get out of the harnesses, you being a martial arts chap
Chelle......love ya baby ! only teasing, you know.....giving you some of your own medicine
Any pics yet folks ? Seen Chris b's adopted pub picture in the members gallery.
There's a track day at Oulton park this Friday if anyones interested ? Stef's put a posting in the Track section and I was phoned by R.C.Developments today and invited ?
Harewood Hill Climb,Trax 2001, W.C.T.3, Scotland, The Ring so much coming up, so little time but I'll sure enough make some
Old 30 July 2001, 07:53 PM
Krisssy
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Thanks to all for a FANTASTIC day yesterday......first run with you guys and Gaz and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!! Nice to meet everyone at last.

Thanks to Barry for the invite and superb BBQ afterwards, we both are still ok no signs of any poisoning as yet....lol

My STI went really well and is now having a well deserved rest this week.....my brakes were stinking like I don't know what .....
...phewwwwwwwww

Sorry to Barry & Shirley for spoiling the party by leaving early but Gaz was absolutely knackered and needed to get some well earned sleep !!

Nice to meet Michelle & Amanda, always ace to meet other gals who love their Scoobs !!

Mellow, enjoyed following you down those straights, could have pushed you harder if you'd had some brake lights.....lol !!
Wished I'd known the roads a bit better, have to show you some of my fav N. Wales roads and see how we go !!! Will include lots of catch up points for you
P.s great sounding car!!

Hope to see you all soon

Krissy (Silver STI)
xx

[This message has been edited by Krisssy (edited 30 July 2001).]
Old 30 July 2001, 08:38 PM
super slider
Scooby Regular

what a fantastic way to spend sunday. had a great drive especially on the last 15 miles where I led. I like tight sections, negates my power disadvantage !.
good to see everybody again and some new faces. great shame I couldn't make it to the b.b.q, sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves.
look forward to next time
Michael
Old 30 July 2001, 09:27 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Krisssy:
<B>
My STI went really well and is now having a well deserved rest this week.....my brakes were stinking like I don't know what .....
...phewwwwwwwww

Sorry to Barry & Shirley for spoiling the party by leaving early but Gaz was absolutely knackered and needed to get some well earned sleep !!

[/quote]

Stink, tell me about it! Just pleased to learn it was the brakes. Sod the Millers I'm taking a clothes peg next time.

Now I know what they mean by slow in fast out

Leaving early's OK we could see Garry was shattered. I think it was only 'Chelle chattering that kept him awake.

Sorry the evening was so cold, hope you have warmed up now

BTW In the cool, and sober light of day, water pistols yes, It's a knockout No!

What about a bucking bronco?......No Chell that's with a B darling!

See you soon.
Old 31 July 2001, 01:09 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Krissy and Gaz

Good to see you too. Good to see more Scooby gals!
Old 31 July 2001, 07:22 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by banshi:
<B>We will have to get things properly sorted next time. It's a waste travelling home in the small hours when you and Chris could have just climbed into bed.

B

[/quote]

I will point out now, NOT IN THE SAME BED!!! Which is what that looks like!!

I didn't mind the drive back, after intitially trying to be as economical in my driving as possible, a Golf came tearing up behind me and overtook at god knows what speed!!!! Well that was it, horns out and off I went, bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th

Mellow, when have I ever been nasty to you??!!! My point is, why do you have a P1 when you drive it like an old woman in a Micra

Only kidding

Very fast and I was annoyed that my car wasn't feeling safe round corners as I was dying to keep with you, well I was up until the traffic, I just wasn't prepared to do the same type of overtaking moves as you were.......

Still, I am glad you enjoyed it Amanda, it is always nice to have an enthusiastic and fun co-driver (sorry about the bunny )

Michelle.
Michelle.
Old 31 July 2001, 09:02 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MichelleWRX1994:
<B> I will point out now, NOT IN THE SAME BED!!! Which is what that looks like!!

Michelle.[/quote]

I wouldn't dream of implying any such thing.

Pleased you had a good run home dear.
Old 31 July 2001, 01:33 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>I just wasn't prepared to do the same type of overtaking moves as you were[/quote]
We'll just forget about that white nissan micra on the blind bend then 'chelle

Chris
Old 31 July 2001, 04:42 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Erm *ahem* it was safe!!!!!!

Had a letter of Notice of Intented Prosecution for speeding on the motorway through today
Old 31 July 2001, 06:40 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MichelleWRX1994:
<B>Had a letter of Notice of Intented Prosecution for speeding on the motorway through today [/quote]

How many days have you had your Scoob back???

mb
Old 31 July 2001, 09:42 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>
Erm *ahem* it was safe!!!!!!
[/quote]

Not from where I was sitting, 15 yards behind you approaching a blind right hand bend with 8ft hedges, 2 seconds later it would have been a head on with a peugeot 406 - you decide!

When was your NIP for, coming back from the EVO run perhaps?
Old 01 August 2001, 07:05 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Pete,

More than welcome to come in and pax if Mellow boots you out, would expect a dscounted rate though

But that is of course if I keep my license

Had the car back nearly two weeks and this happens.....
Brake upgrade, insurance renewal, service and speeding conviction/fine GREAT.

Looks like I may be leaving the board soon when I sell my car If the fine is too much and the insurance is affected the car is going.

That will hurt pretty badly

Michelle.

(Pi55ed off with herself)
Old 01 August 2001, 09:58 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Pete,
I missed u m8!

Good day but different to the last one, except that Mellows barmaid proclivities will mean we need to find yet another pub

Strickly incognito cooking this time, all camera equipment confiscated

I think Chell will be ok, there's a bonus for anyone who takes u on. But at least you did better than me, I got substituted before kick off

Little Miss, don't get too despondent just yet wait for the result. How about a charity run to pay the additional premium? Can't lose a member of the community that contributes so constructively to after-dinner debates can we.

Old 01 August 2001, 12:37 PM
pedr1co
Scooby Regular

Cool

sorry i missed alllllll the fun!! Was i missed at all? did that mean chelle got twice the p1ss takin?

whats all this about the bbq!!?? i understand the pressure of makin a good barbee infront of so many critical scooby eyes!

Mellow, i hope ur not recruitin someone else as co just yet?
chelle, when am i gonna c this superb drivin u go on about?? if mellow chucks me out of pax seat - i'm up for sale! tax included

regards to all

pete
Old 04 August 2001, 05:05 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Just got back from holiday in the Lakes.

Top day out last Sunday - it certainly made a change doing the route on two wheels instead of four. I never intended doing the route but just got dragged along with it all . I had to refuel at Sedbergh and then headed back up to the Lakes - when riding like that the fuel light was on after about 90 miles

I did around 1000 miles on the bike last week. I can definitely recommend the A686 Penrith to Alston road and the B road between Alston and Middleton In Teesdale (very quiet - even at this time of year )

Got pi55ed wet through on the way home today. PeteT I think I you were following me on the Skelwith Bridge to Ambleside Road?

I've renewed the insurance on the Scoob today - £800 - not too bad considering I got 6 points late last year.

Cheers,

Ian E.
Old 05 August 2001, 10:08 AM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Hi Pete,

My Scoobs Deep Blue Mica........but I'll forgive you for not spotting me as I was on a red motor bike at the time

Cheers,

Ian E.
Old 05 August 2001, 11:15 AM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Wink

with a wallace and grommit sticker on your helmet !!
Old 05 August 2001, 12:45 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Ian,

yes it was me following you, sorry I didn't spot you earlier and wave, I must have been half asleep!
What colour's your Scoob, I'll look out for it?