Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

NBO Feedback Forum and coments

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2005, 08:00 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking NBO Feedback Forum and coments

Thanks to the 400 cars in atendance today that has made the NBO 3 a sucess for the third year running.

Thanks go to Martin (ninnybobs) who keeps me sane at times with his share of the <visions>

Thanks go to the dedication and backup of all the NBO comittee and to the

18 marshalls from Cumbrian scoobs and Tyne tees scoobs

the 5 judges who had to make some very hard decisions today as the standard of the cars were so high and so many to choose from

thanks go to all the suppliers
,Martin the CFM DJ
The stroke association and cancer Research who worked so hard in collecting money and selling raffle tickets
thanks go to miss scooby magazine for the judgeing of the club event and to all the clubs who made such an effort on their displays

The LADS won a closely fought competion and are now the holders of the first NBO Club stand of the day award im sure it will be a battle next year to regain their title .

thanks go to the wombles at the end who picked up the litter

I was talking to the parks manager who had 4 men picking up litter from the RS stand after their departure for 2 hours and complemented us on a clean and tidy field after the NBO

Well done to the 3 finalists in the car of the day competion with 3 super examples of the marque .

thanks also to Lightwater Valley for suppling the facilities especially with the RS show in the field behind us which didnt cause us any problems

thanks go to you all for raising nearly £3500 for Cancer Research and the Stroke Association although we fell well short of the target we had hoped to achieve due to a slight drop in numbers this year and the weather which was chilly at times

(I did send a chq off to <upstairs >and order hot weather again but 2 out of 3 is not too bad )

Lets have your feedback good and bad so we can develop the NBO 4 next year to make it even better .
Old 12 June 2005, 08:11 PM
mr & mrs carlos uk300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who won car of the day? and got any pic's of the winning car, could'nt stick around fecking too cold

Mrs C
Old 12 June 2005, 08:12 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

great day out for me and the wife. It was our first meet. The drive up (convoy style) was great. So many friendly and nice people own scoobs.
The site, stalls and well EVERYONE was great. Very much enjoyed day out!!.

Thanks to all who made it happen, its a day we wont forget in a hurry. We dont know many people on the forums so talking to people was a little hard, however just have to plan to put that right for next year!

Many thanks to all involved, much appreciated.

Allan & Lindsey
Old 12 June 2005, 08:14 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it was a good 'un by the pics!

Congrats to the organisers and HUGE congrats on the money raised!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 12 June 2005, 08:15 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

My 1st NBO and enjoyed the visit.

The only small critisism was the number of suppliers. There was a great potential there for anyone selling at reasonable prices. Maybe attract a few more for 2006.

Well done to all the people who put in the work

mickp

Originally Posted by lordharding
Thanks to the 400 cars in atendance today that has made the NBO 3 a sucess for the third year running.

Thanks go to Martin (ninnybobs) who keeps me sane at times with his share of the <visions>

Thanks go to the dedication and backup of all the NBO comittee and to the

18 marshalls from Cumbrian scoobs and Tyne tees scoobs

the 5 judges who had to make some very hard decisions today as the standard of the cars were so high and so many to choose from

thanks go to all the suppliers
,Martin the CFM DJ
The stroke association and cancer Research who worked so hard in collecting money and selling raffle tickets
thanks go to miss scooby magazine for the judgeing of the club event and to all the clubs who made such an effort on their displays

The LADS won a closely fought competion and are now the holders of the first NBO Club stand of the day award im sure it will be a battle next year to regain their title .

thanks go to the wombles at the end who picked up the litter

I was talking to the parks manager who had 4 men picking up litter from the RS stand after their departure for 2 hours and complemented us on a clean and tidy field after the NBO

Well done to the 3 finalists in the car of the day competion with 3 super examples of the marque .

thanks also to Lightwater Valley for suppling the facilities especially with the RS show in the field behind us which didnt cause us any problems

thanks go to you all for raising nearly £3500 for Cancer Research and the Stroke Association although we fell well short of the target we had hoped to achieve due to a slight drop in numbers this year and the weather which was chilly at times

(I did send a chq off to <upstairs >and order hot weather again but 2 out of 3 is not too bad )

Lets have your feedback good and bad so we can develop the NBO 4 next year to make it even better .
Old 12 June 2005, 08:20 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Superb. A brilliant day out, we enjoyed ourselves. Thanks all
Old 12 June 2005, 08:22 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Smile

Pity about the weather and I think it made the day a bit more subdued but at least I tried as one of the mad fools in shorts & short-sleeved shirts when all the other wusses were in fleeces

Nice end to the day to win the Scoobymag subscription I was considering buying a copy and am glad I didn't I've had a quick scan through one of the issues and it looks like I've got my hols reading sorted

Smoothly organised as usual - from those of us on the outside anyway...

At least we didn't witness any donutting / idiots on the field this year and left the boy racer image to the RSOC (has someone had a group buy on rollcages for them to make them look fast or are they so likely to flip over? )

Hope everybody got home OK as it was standing water on the A1 and a Ka / Corsa had "nudged" an Audi at a guess from filing to stop with all the tailgating going on at zero visibility

Andy
Old 12 June 2005, 08:31 PM
Milldoo
Scooby Regular

My first NBO,I thought a very good turnout for a poor weather forcast,nice to see others peeps mods all in one place.

+++++ to the organisers,here's to a bigger & better day next year.
Old 12 June 2005, 08:47 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Great day out, travelled all of about 4 miles to the NBO 3. Thanks to all the scooby owners who waved to us and no thanks to the cut and shut Ford Cabriolet who was up our *** on the way out!!!!!! Are all Ford owners thick??? When the light shows red you are supposed to stop

Alot of really nice cars at the show, gives us a few ideas of what to do with our car, and a big thanks to all the organisers for the event.

Spotted Chris666 so had to take some piccy's

Hope to go to the NBO 4 next year

By the way who won car of the day?????

And who owns the Silver Scoob with Blitz down the sides, very nice motor
Old 12 June 2005, 08:52 PM
dingy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Apple
Pity about the weather and I think it made the day a bit more subdued but at least I tried as one of the mad fools in shorts & short-sleeved shirts when all the other wusses were in fleeces

Nice end to the day to win the Scoobymag subscription I was considering buying a copy and am glad I didn't I've had a quick scan through one of the issues and it looks like I've got my hols reading sorted

Smoothly organised as usual - from those of us on the outside anyway...

At least we didn't witness any donutting / idiots on the field this year and left the boy racer image to the RSOC (has someone had a group buy on rollcages for them to make them look fast or are they so likely to flip over? )

Hope everybody got home OK as it was standing water on the A1 and a Ka / Corsa had "nudged" an Audi at a guess from filing to stop with all the tailgating going on at zero visibility

Andy
Yeah i had mickey mouse fit my roll cage......smoking scoobs is a dangerous game
Old 12 June 2005, 08:58 PM
TREV
Scooby Regular

It was good just too cold and nice cars
Old 12 June 2005, 09:19 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Another great day a big to all who organised it
Old 12 June 2005, 09:30 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Nice cars,poor amount of suppliers(,bad weather can't be helped )overall a good day out thanks for the welcome being our first NBO hope to see you next year with a few more mods, thanks again lee
Old 12 June 2005, 09:41 PM
WRX-SHEFFIELD
Scooby Regular

Big thanks to all for a superb NBO 3, so many nice people in one place at one time and a credit to all Scooby Owners.
Old 12 June 2005, 10:00 PM
wilko44
Scooby Regular

A great day out and a credit to those who organised it.
Old 12 June 2005, 10:07 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

Well done John and all the other organisers - even though it seems you didn't have the best of weather - the feedback so far is great

Sorry I couldn't make it myself - but looking forward to doing something similar myself in the not too distant future..

Cheers

Terry
Old 12 June 2005, 10:11 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Our third Scoob outing, last years Blackpool run, this years ScoobyShootOut and yet again really good. Each one very different but the one constant being a great bunch of people.

The organisation of the NBO was very slick, granted did expect a few more trade-stalls but then again less to be tempted by.

Seemed quite a few left early on, as I took my kids round the Theme park, got out at 3:30ish and my lad and girl were pretty upset that the field was virtually empty! Once again, probably weather related.

Thanks to all involved and £3.5K for charity is no mean feat.
Old 12 June 2005, 10:11 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

although it is a fun day out with a large gathering of cars!!! thats all it is, there is nothing there to get people interacting/ meeting. if you are trying to organise a big gathering it should be made more community friendly then maybe more cars would stay longer instead of dissapearing at 12 noon . just my opiion though
Old 12 June 2005, 10:21 PM
acko
Scooby Regular

first NBO and not the last. A+++++.
only 1 complain, not enough suppliers there i thought and what they did have, not a great deal to choose from.

but still a great day out.

cheers paul.
Old 12 June 2005, 10:37 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

stevebt's got a good point there.
We travelled in convoy (ish) from Warrington, inevitably it can get a bit broken up. If there was a way of allocating areas of the parking area to specific convoys, ie those from the same area. This would allow for a bit more of a community atmosphere, as we met and spoke to a fair few people at the service station meets but most got seperated when we parked up?
Just a thought?
Old 12 June 2005, 10:46 PM
karps
Scooby Regular

And who owns the Silver Scoob with Blitz down the sides, very nice motor

That would be rice rocket, one of my fellow scottish scoobies that travelled down today for the NBO (disapointed he wasnt a contender for best of day)
Old 12 June 2005, 10:46 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

convoy from Charnock Richard got a little split up .... all was going well until one of the front cars pulled in to a little petrol station..... along with, shortly after, another 30 or so scoobies lol think the garage owner was rubbing his hands until we all turned round and buggered off ... classic
Old 12 June 2005, 10:53 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

On the above 2 points, the club stands, wyioc, lads, tyne tees, cumbrian and our own smacs, all had space allocated to them. If in future, you were in one of those groups, you could get your car on the club stand, or at least near the club area
We only had 3 on ours, but I bet there were a few more from cheshire and south mcr in attendance
Great day out, camped over the night before a few miles away, which made the run into the nbo a breeze. Glad to hear the convoy I led and got lost last year, got lost again this year (see, it wasn't my fault! )
I think the numbers are down a little because of the southern big one next month, but still a great turnout on the day.
Big thanks once again to Lordharding and the cumbrian scoobs. Great day out john, keep it up
chris.

btw, COOLBOY, remove your pics, we have a gallery for those, and you've posted some pics more than once
Old 12 June 2005, 11:04 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

A great day out, apart from the cold weather. It was good to see the old Fords, although £4 to get to see them seemed a bit steep!

I agree that the number of suppliers there was small. It would be a good to see an ICE supplier or 2, perhaps with reasonably priced systems to demonstrate and perhaps even fit on the day? I would have bought a speaker upgrade on the spot, if there had been any for sale.

Well organised and only one revving engine this year, so an improvement there too.

The raffle draw time should also be a bit earlier, I'm sure it's getting later each year? My kids who were in the park didn't complain though, so that's 4 against 1.
Old 13 June 2005, 08:26 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the club stand prize is coming back home next year
Old 13 June 2005, 08:34 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

very well organised event..................big thanks to Martin & John (and their helpers!!)

small criticism is maybe a little more pre-planning in the allocation of stand areas (pre-marked maybe??) which would have saved a little confusion on our part (ASP stand), but not taking anything away from the day.......................

as for suppliers and what to take??? we could take all kinds (and did last year to little response) - however this year our SUBARU clothing clearance seemed to go down well as we came home with approx' 6x hats & CD cases and 2x heavy jackets!!!
the feedback we have is that people aren't as fussed about 'hard' parts?? open to suggestions...............

alyn
Old 13 June 2005, 09:13 AM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

LordHarding, please pay MORE next year for the weather!! Brrrrrrrrrr
Our convoy form the North West was a blast! Great fun all the way.
Deffo agree that there should be more trade stands. Was expecting a lot more than there was, but then, thats the traders fault for not knowing it was on, and looseing out in the long rub. Also, were the prices on the stands inflated?? Seemed a bit steep, even on the Grade A stand.

All in all, a great experience, and a great day out. Lots of nice pics to look at now

See you all next year

Old 13 June 2005, 09:22 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

John, Martin & organisers..

A great day that felt relaxed and laid back. A credit to some smooth hands off organisation. This was our first club stand and one that we enjoyed very much.. the only constructive point I'd raise is to echo Chris (CW42) by asking for a little more width to give the cars some room or to add a few cars if required... Maybe 50%?

The Noble on our stand got a lot of attention and it would have been nice to have had a little more room around it so that pople weren't pressed close to the other cars with bags etc.. If Ian had turned up with his 360 Challenge Stradale, I'd have been a little nervous

I think 5-6 cars is a good number but again, echoing Chris, having the other club cars in attendance facing the stand would have been nice to keep them all together as we have more cars we'd be proud to show.. (Maybe a similar roped off area to put the club cars in?)

We'll definately be back next year regardless!

Cheers..
Old 13 June 2005, 10:12 AM
jabbroni
Scooby Regular

Unhappy Another Great Day Only Hampered by the Weather

As above thanks to all at TTS and Cumbrian scoobs who do all the work behind this event as above better weather next year I hope we will get that 500 cars fugure beaten.Cheers Guys

Michael

AKA JABBRONI
Old 13 June 2005, 10:51 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

John - A huge Auto Glym truck came of the RSOC field - maybe we can blag it for next year...

Quick Reply: NBO Feedback Forum and coments