Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

BRADFORD

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2004, 11:27 AM
projucer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRADFORD

are there any scooby members from bradford, leeds, halifax, huddersfield, dewsbury/batley, wakefield? am i the only one... if there aren't any then i think it's time to arrange something... [there are so many monstrous subs in bradford - unbelievable]
Old 04 March 2004, 11:33 AM
Kel1977
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by projucer
are there any scooby members from bradford, leeds, halifax, huddersfield, dewsbury/batley, wakefield? am i the only one... if there aren't any then i think it's time to arrange something... [there are so many monstrous subs in bradford - unbelievable]

Fenay Bridge (Huddersfield), last Thursday in the month - Scoobs from Wakefield, Pontefract and Huddersfield turn up. Some great people and great cars.

Kel
Old 04 March 2004, 12:16 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Why are they Monstrous?
Old 04 March 2004, 01:03 PM
projucer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Why are they Monstrous?
monstrous in terms of power (rumour has it that there is a 400bhp sub flying around in bradford) and in terms of looks (if you're at well lane this sunday then keep an eye out...)
Old 04 March 2004, 08:19 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Agreed, loads of Scoobs in Bradford (What's your car M8?), none ever wave & no one ever posts they've seen me (& lets face it you can't really miss it can you!) or attends the meets/attended the old Wyorksmeet, so I surmise not many owners active on here.
What's occuring at Well Lane's Finest Turbo Centre?
Edited to add: Doh, it's the TTS Rolling Road Shootout!

Last edited by STEVECHAPS; 04 March 2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04 March 2004, 09:43 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi mate theres quite a few scoobs in dewsbury batley now theres about 6 whites ones here now mine being 1 of them i agree no1 from bradford or huddersfield actualy wave.
whats happening at well lane???????
Old 04 March 2004, 10:33 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I'm from Leeds. I always wave too (if I can get my finger out of my nose quick enough), then get a scornful saddo look from the G/F

Ditto on the Fenay meet, and we have a trackday the weekend after next. Look here

Last edited by corradoboy; 04 March 2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05 March 2004, 10:11 AM
projucer
Scooby Regular

1st of all this sunday is the tyne tees scooby rolling road day at well lane turbo centre! i'm not a member and will only be going down as a spectator - try and be there if you can (10am). o.k. next time if you ever see the following then either horn or wave and i'll assume it's one of you... i have a 95 wrx automatic wagon (import) - 7-tone pearl flip paint job, blitz nur spec 5" - turbo xs h-rfl (loudest dump valve in the world) - 18" bk racing wheels (black chrome with silver lip) - 45mm drop front - 40mm rear - one off splitter at front (meshed) - blitz boost gauge - 2 tone tints all around - rear lights half-tinted and finally registration (keep an eye out now) M***HSU - there you have it - this is (and i'm not bloating) the loudest (in terms of exhaust & dump valve) and the fastest auto in bradford - don't know BHP! BUT in terms of colour - it's the official head-turner wherever i go... there you have it guys the full low-down on my sub - i'll be waiting for the waves/horns!!!
Old 05 March 2004, 12:17 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

400bhp?

Is that it
Old 05 March 2004, 12:39 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

David - Although I don't doubt that your car is going to be up there with Harvey as one of the top power Scoobs in the country, when is it gonna be ready . I'd love to see it someday. Any chance of you joining us at Fenay until the nice weather brings Buckles back to life?
Old 11 March 2004, 07:58 PM
Madgord
Scooby Regular

Im in settle, almost bradford!!!!!
Old 13 March 2004, 11:00 AM
toxwaz
Scooby Regular

Cool

bradford,i`m in halifax!!
Old 13 March 2004, 02:28 PM
UK300-199
Scooby Regular

im from Oldham but work in Dewsbury.
Old 14 March 2004, 11:27 AM
Flat Faw
Scooby Regular

I'm in Liversedge/Cleckheaton. I always wave. Other Scoob owners very rarely wave back round here. I think Impreza owners fall into 3 categories:

1. Real flat 4 enthusiast : Will always wave back.

2. Mr or Mrs want something different to a Mondeo, but just treat it as a way to get from A-B : Will sometimes wave back out of politeness.

3. Saddo who thinks the car makes them look good even though they generally black out all the windows so you can't see em anyway. Will also have fitted a performance ruining but attention seeking dump valve : Won't lower themselves to wave back.
Old 15 March 2004, 04:23 PM
projucer
Scooby Regular

it seems that everyone knows where they are from... we need to organise (hopefully in conjunction with WYIOC) some sort of an event in bradford for ALL the hidden scoobies throughout west yorkshire that no one ever really gets to see (including mine!) - WHY doesn't anyone organise a date/time/venue and i'll do my best to gather as many subs as i can!!! at the same time we can increase the membership at WYIOC!
Old 15 March 2004, 04:29 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

all you lot from West Yorkshire should visit our forums at www.wyioc.co.uk and you'll be able to check when and where our meets are happening. Its a new site, so not much there yet

Phil

www.wyioc.co.uk
Old 15 March 2004, 04:42 PM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

I live in Bradford area, village called Baildon.

Dont venture into the wilds of the city centre in scoob much though, you can usually see me driving from Baildon to Chapel town in Leeds via Leeds ring road or past KT Greens Subaru dealer and through Alwoodley.

I drive Silver 95 WRX 4 door, 14 spoke 17"s, STi front splitter and burbling 3" decat zorst into 5" exit pipe.

I have been spotted on here once by Powerman, I always wave (if I remember) and have had a couple of waves back.

Infact I was waved at by a chap in a Merc the other day, perhaps his other car is a Scoob?
Old 16 March 2004, 10:33 PM
cubby
Scooby Regular

Hey i'm a newbie here from Halifax, only had a Scooby for a week, its a 98 uk Turbo, and i'm really enjoying it so far...

Got a couple of mates in Halifax who have Scoobs too....... we are gonna show our faces at the next Fenay Bridge meet too, so look forward to meeting a few of ya.....

Oh ...... silly question, what does the MY stand for when ppl put it before their car year ?????
Old 16 March 2004, 10:39 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by cubby
Hey i'm a newbie here from Halifax, only had a Scooby for a week, its a 98 uk Turbo, and i'm really enjoying it so far...

Got a couple of mates in Halifax who have Scoobs too....... we are gonna show our faces at the next Fenay Bridge meet too, so look forward to meeting a few of ya.....

Oh ...... silly question, what does the MY stand for when ppl put it before their car year ?????
Welcome.........MY = Model Year.
Old 16 March 2004, 11:01 PM
cubby
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that Steve .....
Old 16 March 2004, 11:06 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Hey guys why dont you lot organise a convoy and make your way upto the Northern Big one at lightwater valley titled Northern Big One. All funds raised go to Cancer research. 13th July Fathers Day I believe. Last year over 400 Suabrus turned up. So its big very big. Check out Northern Big one Thread and get signed up.
Old 16 March 2004, 11:11 PM
cubby
Scooby Regular

Good idea Subtyper, just put my name down on the long list for the Northern big one,
I'd be willing to sort the convoy, if any other Halifax/Hudds/Bradford or surrounding areas people are interested. As long as no one else is on wi sorting a convoy.
Old 16 March 2004, 11:21 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Good on you Cubby. Come on bring the Bradford posse with you and remember that the best turned out cars can win prizes and also there is reduced admission into the park. and according to lord Harding there might even be top totty on display with certain suppliers stands.

Its a cracking day out and really good for bringing the family because they can go into the park and we can ogle the women and the cars.
Old 18 March 2004, 11:25 AM
projucer
Scooby Regular

a convoy from west yorkshire - sounds perfect... 13/6/04 - that's 3 months away! do you think it's to early to start planning now? let's see if we can try and get a convoy of around 50 subs from west yorkshire and make one hell of an entrance!!! since we already have a WYIOC then i think they should set the time and location - it's then up to the owners to make sure they get there!!! any ideas/thoughts...
Old 19 March 2004, 06:33 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

The sooner you organise it mate the more people you might get interested.
Old 19 March 2004, 06:54 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Projucer - pop a note on our Fenay Bridge post down below. Maybe pop on to see us next Thursday as well.

Cheers, HB.
Old 19 March 2004, 07:27 PM
powerman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Another one from bradford here and my brother lives at pudsey,and there is plenty more flying up and down leeds rd at Shipley,but may not be on here..Powerman
Old 19 March 2004, 10:13 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Question

'Another one from bradford here and my brother lives at pudsey,and there is plenty more flying up and down leeds rd at Shipley,but may not be on here..Powerman'

Isn't Leeds road clattered with Gatso's?
Old 19 March 2004, 11:01 PM
scoobypet
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Isn't Leeds road clattered with Gatso's?
I little bird tells me they are dummy boxes as the council can't afford the cameras!

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any ensuing tickets etc
Old 27 March 2004, 11:56 AM
powerman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You bet your bottom dollar it is, at the last count 8 in the space of mile and just to make sure the mobile cameras are always sat near alan nobiles garage, i know to my cost 36mph £60 fine and 3 points so avoid this road if youre in a rush....Powerman

Quick Reply: BRADFORD