ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   BRADFORD (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/307383-bradford.html)

projucer 04 March 2004 11:27 AM

BRADFORD

are there any scooby members from bradford, leeds, halifax, huddersfield, dewsbury/batley, wakefield? am i the only one... if there aren't any then i think it's time to arrange something... [there are so many monstrous subs in bradford - unbelievable]

Kel1977 04 March 2004 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by projucer
are there any scooby members from bradford, leeds, halifax, huddersfield, dewsbury/batley, wakefield? am i the only one... if there aren't any then i think it's time to arrange something... [there are so many monstrous subs in bradford - unbelievable]

Fenay Bridge (Huddersfield), last Thursday in the month - Scoobs from Wakefield, Pontefract and Huddersfield turn up. Some great people and great cars.

Kel

SPEN555 04 March 2004 12:16 PM

Why are they Monstrous?

projucer 04 March 2004 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Why are they Monstrous?

monstrous in terms of power (rumour has it that there is a 400bhp sub flying around in bradford) and in terms of looks (if you're at well lane this sunday then keep an eye out...)

STEVECHAPS 04 March 2004 08:19 PM

Agreed, loads of Scoobs in Bradford (What's your car M8?), none ever wave & no one ever posts they've seen me (& lets face it you can't really miss it can you!) or attends the meets/attended the old Wyorksmeet, so I surmise not many owners active on here.
What's occuring at Well Lane's Finest Turbo Centre?
Edited to add: Doh, it's the TTS Rolling Road Shootout!

mo,s scoobymonster 04 March 2004 09:43 PM

hi mate theres quite a few scoobs in dewsbury batley now theres about 6 whites ones here now mine being 1 of them:D i agree no1 from bradford or huddersfield actualy wave.
whats happening at well lane???????

corradoboy 04 March 2004 10:33 PM

I'm from Leeds. I always wave too (if I can get my finger out of my nose quick enough), then get a scornful saddo look from the G/F ;)

Ditto on the Fenay meet, and we have a trackday the weekend after next. Look here

projucer 05 March 2004 10:11 AM

1st of all this sunday is the tyne tees scooby rolling road day at well lane turbo centre! i'm not a member and will only be going down as a spectator - try and be there if you can (10am). o.k. next time if you ever see the following then either horn or wave and i'll assume it's one of you... i have a 95 wrx automatic wagon (import) - 7-tone pearl flip paint job, blitz nur spec 5" - turbo xs h-rfl (loudest dump valve in the world) - 18" bk racing wheels (black chrome with silver lip) - 45mm drop front - 40mm rear - one off splitter at front (meshed) - blitz boost gauge - 2 tone tints all around - rear lights half-tinted and finally registration (keep an eye out now) M***HSU - there you have it - this is (and i'm not bloating) the loudest (in terms of exhaust & dump valve) and the fastest auto in bradford - don't know BHP! BUT in terms of colour - it's the official head-turner wherever i go... there you have it guys the full low-down on my sub - i'll be waiting for the waves/horns!!!

David_Wallis 05 March 2004 12:17 PM

400bhp?

Is that it :D :D :D

corradoboy 05 March 2004 12:39 PM

David - Although I don't doubt that your car is going to be up there with Harvey as one of the top power Scoobs in the country, when is it gonna be ready ;) . I'd love to see it someday. Any chance of you joining us at Fenay until the nice weather brings Buckles back to life?

Madgord 11 March 2004 07:58 PM

Im in settle, almost bradford!!!!!

toxwaz 13 March 2004 11:00 AM

bradford,i`m in halifax!!

UK300-199 13 March 2004 02:28 PM

im from Oldham but work in Dewsbury.

Flat Faw 14 March 2004 11:27 AM

I'm in Liversedge/Cleckheaton. I always wave. Other Scoob owners very rarely wave back round here. I think Impreza owners fall into 3 categories:

1. Real flat 4 enthusiast : Will always wave back.

2. Mr or Mrs want something different to a Mondeo, but just treat it as a way to get from A-B : Will sometimes wave back out of politeness.

3. Saddo who thinks the car makes them look good even though they generally black out all the windows so you can't see em anyway. Will also have fitted a performance ruining but attention seeking dump valve : Won't lower themselves to wave back.

projucer 15 March 2004 04:23 PM

it seems that everyone knows where they are from... we need to organise (hopefully in conjunction with WYIOC) some sort of an event in bradford for ALL the hidden scoobies throughout west yorkshire that no one ever really gets to see (including mine!) - WHY doesn't anyone organise a date/time/venue and i'll do my best to gather as many subs as i can!!! at the same time we can increase the membership at WYIOC!

MadGrip 15 March 2004 04:29 PM

all you lot from West Yorkshire should visit our forums at www.wyioc.co.uk and you'll be able to check when and where our meets are happening. Its a new site, so not much there yet

Phil

www.wyioc.co.uk

Rally 15 March 2004 04:42 PM

I live in Bradford area, village called Baildon.

Dont venture into the wilds of the city centre in scoob much though, you can usually see me driving from Baildon to Chapel town in Leeds via Leeds ring road or past KT Greens Subaru dealer and through Alwoodley.

I drive Silver 95 WRX 4 door, 14 spoke 17"s, STi front splitter and burbling 3" decat zorst into 5" exit pipe.

I have been spotted on here once by Powerman, I always wave (if I remember) and have had a couple of waves back.

Infact I was waved at by a chap in a Merc the other day, perhaps his other car is a Scoob?

cubby 16 March 2004 10:33 PM

Hey i'm a newbie here from Halifax, only had a Scooby for a week, its a 98 uk Turbo, and i'm really enjoying it so far... :)

Got a couple of mates in Halifax who have Scoobs too....... we are gonna show our faces at the next Fenay Bridge meet too, so look forward to meeting a few of ya.....

Oh ...... silly question, what does the MY stand for when ppl put it before their car year ?????

STEVECHAPS 16 March 2004 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by cubby
Hey i'm a newbie here from Halifax, only had a Scooby for a week, its a 98 uk Turbo, and i'm really enjoying it so far... :)

Got a couple of mates in Halifax who have Scoobs too....... we are gonna show our faces at the next Fenay Bridge meet too, so look forward to meeting a few of ya.....

Oh ...... silly question, what does the MY stand for when ppl put it before their car year ?????

Welcome.........MY = Model Year.

cubby 16 March 2004 11:01 PM

Cheers for that Steve .....

SUBTYPER 16 March 2004 11:06 PM

Hey guys why dont you lot organise a convoy and make your way upto the Northern Big one at lightwater valley titled Northern Big One. All funds raised go to Cancer research. 13th July Fathers Day I believe. Last year over 400 Suabrus turned up. So its big very big. Check out Northern Big one Thread and get signed up.

cubby 16 March 2004 11:11 PM

Good idea Subtyper, just put my name down on the long list for the Northern big one,
I'd be willing to sort the convoy, if any other Halifax/Hudds/Bradford or surrounding areas people are interested. As long as no one else is on wi sorting a convoy.

SUBTYPER 16 March 2004 11:21 PM

Good on you Cubby. Come on bring the Bradford posse with you and remember that the best turned out cars can win prizes and also there is reduced admission into the park. and according to lord Harding there might even be top totty on display with certain suppliers stands.

Its a cracking day out and really good for bringing the family because they can go into the park and we can ogle the women and the cars.

projucer 18 March 2004 11:25 AM

a convoy from west yorkshire - sounds perfect... 13/6/04 - that's 3 months away! do you think it's to early to start planning now? let's see if we can try and get a convoy of around 50 subs from west yorkshire and make one hell of an entrance!!! since we already have a WYIOC then i think they should set the time and location - it's then up to the owners to make sure they get there!!! any ideas/thoughts...

SUBTYPER 19 March 2004 06:33 PM

The sooner you organise it mate the more people you might get interested.

Harry_Boy 19 March 2004 06:54 PM

Projucer - pop a note on our Fenay Bridge post down below. Maybe pop on to see us next Thursday as well. :D:D:D

Cheers, HB.

powerman 19 March 2004 07:27 PM

Another one from bradford here and my brother lives at pudsey,and there is plenty more flying up and down leeds rd at Shipley,but may not be on here..Powerman

SPEN555 19 March 2004 10:13 PM

'Another one from bradford here and my brother lives at pudsey,and there is plenty more flying up and down leeds rd at Shipley,but may not be on here..Powerman'

Isn't Leeds road clattered with Gatso's?

scoobypet 19 March 2004 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Isn't Leeds road clattered with Gatso's?

I little bird tells me they are dummy boxes as the council can't afford the cameras!

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any ensuing tickets etc :D:D:D

powerman 27 March 2004 11:56 AM

You bet your bottom dollar it is, at the last count 8 in the space of mile and just to make sure the mobile cameras are always sat near alan nobiles garage, i know to my cost 36mph £60 fine and 3 points so avoid this road if youre in a rush....Powerman