Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Orange Mobile phone contract advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2014, 09:55 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Orange Mobile phone contract advice please!

My sister has just realised that she is being over charged for her contract for anomalies which I will try and explain. However what I need is some Managers email address or direct telephone number for Orange if anyone can assist?

Basically she took a contract out in 2012 that was supposed to be a phone and sim with minutes, texts and internet bundle. The bills have been quite excessive, but when contacted it was down to exceeding the internet usage. Recently the bills seem the be a little OTT but again apparently this is down to usage. Testing the theory she refrained from heavy usage and alas the bill arrived similar to before quite excessive!

So today I went with my sis to a EE (orange) and had it out with them, there explanation was somewhat odd, but bare with me.

When the contracted was taken out in 2012 the contract (which it does state) has a USB dongle with 2MB use age plan attached. This was mis sold as she was not made aware of it upon taking out the contract. In addition there is obviously a SIM card and IMEI attached to the contract for the said dongle that has not been activated or used ever.
Upon chatting and looking on their online records it appears that initially the dongle hasn't been charged, but her internet allowance fluctuates somewhat, in fact she was/is on a under 25yrs old plan for students, where she has at least 10 years on this
Then looking at the files again she has recently started to get charged for a "tablet" yet she doesn't have a tablet
According to Orange customer services (over the phone) she needs to take the issue up with Orange at the shop, the shop said they have little/no power or influence in this situation and the issue needs to be raised with Orange customer services over the phone

There are a few more issues such as the Internet allowance fluctuating, but this is quite hard to explain, but In essence she has been conned out of her hard earned and she is being fobbed off at all angles, and as EE are taking over Orange I don't think Orange staff give two hoots about helping

Does anyone have a contact or any other better means of contacting Orange please, very much appreciated

Rob

Last edited by Rob Day; 12 February 2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 13 February 2014, 09:36 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone?
Old 13 February 2014, 12:32 PM
LostUser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EE haven't taken over Orange as such. Orange and T-Mobile combined and decided to call themselves EE. The networks\masts were very quickly consolidated but the customer services and backends are only just being joined now.

Personally I'd call Orange customer services and see if you get the same story. I frequently get a different story depending on who I've spoken to.

If you get the same answer then I would ask to speak to a supervisor or to raise a complaint.

Failing that OFCOM would be your next port of call. After logging your complaint then will typically give you the phone number of a high escalation team within EE.

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/landcomplain

Although I deal with EE on a daily basis it's the Business\Enteprise side of the business so they wouldn't be able to help in your scenario
Old 13 February 2014, 02:00 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

I took out a mobile phone contract with Tmobile just over 2 years ago . I did it online through mobiles.co.uk. I set up a direct debit but no money was ever taken out. 20 months later I got a letter saying I owed them around £900 . It seems that the idiots at tmobile had been billing someone else's bank account after mixing up the paperwork and the account holder had got his bank to claw back their money.Tmobile were blaming mobiles.co.uk and vice versa. I refused to pay the bill stating I had signed a pay monthly agreement not a pay 20 monthly agreement. I even had a letter one week from Tmobile stating they had never set my account up and the next week I got a letter stating my account was £900 in debt . I refused to back down and got the usual debt agency letters , to which I sent copies of the letter from tmobile stating no account had ever been set up and eventually they gave up.

Posted from my free Tmobile Iphone
Old 13 February 2014, 02:22 PM
Rapid17
Scooby Regular

Send an email of complaint to Olaf Swantee the CEO of EE. I had a problem with T-Mobile so I sent an email to him complaining, someone contacted me and the problem was sorted out satisfactorily.
Old 13 February 2014, 09:47 PM
ShellDay
Scooby Regular

Email to Olaf and Tom Alexander sent. Can't say im confident for a result. Never experienced customer services anywhere near as shat!
Cheers for the advice