Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any Essbase Admins / Power Users here?

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2013, 01:55 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any Essbase Admins / Power Users here?

Long story cut short.

We dumped Oracle Financial Analysis a few years ago in preference of Hyperion Financial Reporting for most users, Web Analysis for a few, Smart View for a minority and a tiny number retained the pure Essbase Excel Add-In ( myself included)

The Hyperion FR / Web stuff is just not cutting the mustard. Had a meeting with Tim Tow a couple of weeks ago for a discussion on his Dodeca product. I was promised that it could represent a dimension in multiple columns i.e parent in column A and child in column B but that requires a separate datamart. Which is kinda what we do already offline.

Anyhoo, I'm fond of the raw add in but need some reminding about how to show a new user how to design a form that uses commands in the excel file rather than drilling to level 0 etc. I'm fine with Web Analysis and Smart View but want to do this explicitly with the basic Essbase Add-In.

Those of you in the know will know why. I don't want the user to have to repeatedly drill out/in to refresh. Looking to automate so the new level 0's automatically appear. Also - if I want an asymmetric format by column can that be coded intelligently?

This probably make F All sense to a few here - if not the majority but I thought I'd ask anyway.