Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Today's traffic!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2013, 08:28 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today's traffic!!!!

I'm not one to moan about a bit of traffic but today coming back from Blackburn at 2pm southbound on the M6 I sat for nearly 3 hours between junction 29-19 all to finally see 2 cars on the northbound hard shoulder with dented bumpers Can not believe why people slow to have a good look, don't they have places to be!?!

Then as I got in to stoke I hit another 2 hours jam, closed dual carriageway due to another accident. Finally got home after a 5 hour journey that should have taken 2!

Vent over

I did hear there was also sadly a fatal crash on the m25 closing it. Sounds like is way a right day of it.
Old 02 November 2013, 12:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Since Lying Labour introduced the idea that all motorists were either criminals or eco-terrorists, or both, it hasn't mattered a damn if you inconvenience a few drivers.

And in Britain's blame culture, there is now no longer any such thing as an accident: SOMEONE has to be to blame!
Old 03 November 2013, 09:46 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

I hit the same problem but in a Northbound direction on Friday (Brum to Ribble Valley)!

Around four hours to drive a hundred miles on the M6, and that was after forking out five and a half quid to use the M6 Toll to avoid a further 50 minute delay going past Walsall

Coming back today, i was lucky to take the advise of the "delays" signs when i joined at Preston, so took the M61, M60, M62 to avoid the closed M6 between J24 and J23!

Summat seriously wrong with our motorway network these days

mb
Old 03 November 2013, 10:07 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

South bound M6 near Merseyside was down to one lane for most of the afternoon.

Old 05 November 2013, 08:23 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes it is a bugbear of mine that people slow down to look at accidents. Stupid ***** you're slowing everyone down!

But the other day I actually lost it and sent a right old rant to the Highways Agency! I was driving back from Preston to Warwick to see my parents, wife and baby in the car with me.

Drove down towards Birmingham, past the toll and a load of overhead gantrys.

"M6 TOLL CLEAR" said one and another "DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE".

Thought it was not necessary to take the Toll as making good time and traffic conditions seemed fine.

Suddenly come across a load of stationary cars. And then after 45 minutes of creeping along, a small yellow sign detailing planned roadworks with closure of the motorway with traffic diverted through Walsall, one mile ahead. Oh and by the way this apparently happened every night for something like three weeks!

Those ******** controlling the overhead gantries have a massive lack of responsibility!

(Don't even get me started about the variable overhead speed limits sometimes being 20mph or 40mph on a four lane clear motorway at night for no reason).