Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any ferroli engineers on here?

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2013, 05:33 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before anybody says it, yes their shìt but I'm wanting to turn my hot water up on the boiler, before we had an issue with it and we had an engineer call and he fixed the board, before we use to be able to turn the water up to 75' but now it only goes as high as 65 since the guy replaced the board and my shower won't get as hot as I like it (which is piping ) I can access the installer menu on the TS settings but don't want to be playing about with settings, so ideally I was hoping somebody could tell me what number I need to scroll to and alter it, or if anybody has a copy of the TS sheet and what numbers do what etc, I'm not worried about efficiency I just want my hot showers back! Don't get me wrong it's not cold and it's too hot for the mrs, but before I could only turn the dial just over 3/4 to hit the nice hot spot, now I have it up on full and it's just not as hot, which tbh sucks!

Anybody able to shed some light or help me out with it?

Edit:- it's a ferroli he 31c optimax

Last edited by Infected by sti; 18 October 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 18 October 2013, 05:37 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just google it...

Put your model and brand etc in, should come up with the instruction manuals you need.

Professional advice - ditch it and get a decent boiler
Old 18 October 2013, 05:40 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

I have tried to google it bud, but no codes anywhere or access to any data sheets, first thing I did was that an totally agree on ditch it lmao, I never realised until I went online and had a read and the plumber supplied it, so I thought it was a decent thing, how wrong was I! I'm not spending anymore on it, next time it fails it will flying off a cliff!
Old 18 October 2013, 05:48 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

I can get you the codes for it tomorrow or monday i think, what model etc is it?

Depends if i can get to the workshop tomorrow or not
Old 18 October 2013, 05:57 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Oh and wait until you need a PCB for it, £240+VAT, and they dont have any in the UK, and they dont know when they will have any more!

Got on that is ****ed now and trying to get hold of any parts is a ****ing nightmare
Old 18 October 2013, 06:00 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

You dear sir are a good man! That would be wicked if at all possible, just don't want to be button bashing when it could **** it all up! I know how to do it just don't know where to scroll and select the option, was gutted when I realised what was wrong lol and the engineer was well gone by then and don't want to be waiting on the phone at ridiculous rates to be told they won't give them to me, I've dealt with them before and they are a nightmare, like I say it will be gone the next time I have to part with my hard earned wedge to fix the bàstard!
Old 18 October 2013, 06:04 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Have you done anything to it recently? Meaning as in has the temperature dropped of its own accord, or have you been fiddling?

Just a question as if it has done it of its own accord there might well be an issue...

I shall find theinformation for you tomorrow if I can get up to the workshop
Old 18 October 2013, 06:21 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Have you done anything to it recently? Meaning as in has the temperature dropped of its own accord, or have you been fiddling?

Just a question as if it has done it of its own accord there might well be an issue...

I shall find theinformation for you tomorrow if I can get up to the workshop
No nothing done by myself, the pcb died and an engineer came to fix under warranty which has now expired, on the old board I use to be able to call for 75' on the hot water but since the guy changed the board it is now set at 65', it's been like it for around 6 months but now the colder weather is setting in I can feel the difference in the shower noticeably.

I done a bit of digging and apparently in the engineers menu there is a setting where you can up the temp for the hot water, but finding what section to scroll to in the menu I can't find anywhere on the net and apparently it's only issued to installers, I'm taking a wild guess and gonna say the guy that swapped the boards has just assumed all would be the same, but i can't call for 75' on the water no more, so assuming its not just plug and play so to speak, it has numbers in side the TS menu which start at p01 and go to p29 or 30 can't remember now, and I don't fancy playing with all them not knowing what they are actually changing, I just want to get the water back to 75 as I was happy with it there
Old 19 October 2013, 09:59 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

News to me that this boiler goes that high. We have the same and ours only goes to 55!
Old 19 October 2013, 10:53 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
News to me that this boiler goes that high. We have the same and ours only goes to 55!
So it must be the setting on the pcb or down to the installer at where he wants to set it at possibly strange ain't it
Old 21 October 2013, 10:34 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Hi mate - drop me a PM with your email address - I have a sheet I managed to get an engineer to email me

From memory there's a safety value you can set that defines the max and min etc.
Old 21 October 2013, 11:46 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

I can't send any more pm's until I sort my account out it's not playing ball as my subscription ran up and I've not got around to renewing it or deleting some messages, I'm away from my laptop at the min so will get around to sorting it tomorrow and fire a pm your way

Cheers bud