Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Disney Paris...travel questions

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2013, 09:54 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disney Paris...travel questions

If you have been how did you get there, fly/drive/ferry/tunnel etc....
We are looking at it for easter, but not sure who to book it through, our best option I think is going to be flights as the drive would probably be too much. I can't seem to find out about transfers from CDG paris to the park hotels.... with 3 kids I'm not sure we want to be fecking around with local transport, unless of course its- not much of a distance...

Any advise would be appreciated, except in the form of "don't bother going".
Old 09 October 2013, 09:57 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We travelled by eurostar, but that's easy when you live in London - dropped off at the station and a shuttle to our hotel. I'd suggest our local travel agent but it's probably too far and the place is now a carpet show
Old 10 October 2013, 08:53 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been once, Mrs has been twice (I refused to go 2nd time)

1st time: Flew to CDG and hired a car. It's a doddle to drive.

2nd time: She flew from MAN to CDG and had pre-booked bus travel to the park hotel as part of the package. It was a disaster as they didn't have enough buses on, so was at the airport for 2-3 hours. Coming back was okay.

I would guess that it will be packed to the rafters during Easter, so you'll end up paying a **** load of money to stand in queues; in France.
Old 10 October 2013, 09:15 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
I've been once, Mrs has been twice (I refused to go 2nd time)

1st time: Flew to CDG and hired a car. It's a doddle to drive.

2nd time: She flew from MAN to CDG and had pre-booked bus travel to the park hotel as part of the package. It was a disaster as they didn't have enough buses on, so was at the airport for 2-3 hours. Coming back was okay.

I would guess that it will be packed to the rafters during Easter, so you'll end up paying a **** load of money to stand in queues; in France.

This ^

Why go at the busiest and most expensive time of year?
Old 10 October 2013, 09:43 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

I've been once, wife & two kids, flew from Belfast and got a taxi to our hotel (Disney dreamcastle), then used a Disney park bus.
Was back in 2008, so I guess it might be a lot better now.
I went at the start of January, but it was fecking freezing!
The food in the park is shyte and overly expensive.
Most of the rides didn't have fast pass, and the queues then were just to long to be standing waiting in the freezing cold.

I wouldn't go back again personally.
Old 10 October 2013, 10:57 AM
fawor
BANNED

Been there end of march this year, been at 2 parks,you should choose which park enter first if you book one day only,depends how old kids are. Its good to have fun in both parks but one day is not enough time with kids.
with 3 kids i will use car to the hotel and to a park,(they check kids height before enter on some events mainly rollercosters,no kids with less then 120cm height)
park is outside paris you need to take train to get there-most expensive zone approx 50 euro 5 day ticket to use bus tube and train to the park.
not sure how much you wish to stay there and what to see ,there is option book hotel in the park to.
like others say dont go there in the busiest,freezing or hottest period, you wish to have fun not stay in a queue for all day.
ive been in mercury hotel in my opinion better than marriot plus we had superstore-leclerc 5 min from hotel(they close superstores sundays),plus shuttle to hotel and tube.
food in the park-one pizza costs 8-11 euro thats not bad(the same prices in the paris), most expensive are drinks in the city, could cost 2 euro for a can or bottle of water.

Last edited by fawor; 10 October 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10 October 2013, 01:45 PM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

I'm going in November, I'm flying over and staying on the Parks in a hotel, All done through Thomson's at Merry Hill Centre in Dudley, they've sorted everything for us and done the package including park tickets and character meals. All i've got to do is get to the airport. By far the best way!
Old 10 October 2013, 08:32 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a UK forum dedicated to visiting the park. Google it for all the inside information you could ever need.

Going there with the kids in October and staying on site 4 days / 3 nights.
Old 10 October 2013, 08:44 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies folks, we are looking at the weekend before the schools holidays and we will stay in the park. It was more the traveling that we cant decide on.
part of me wonders if we should wait until summer and build it into part of a fortnights holiday in france.
Old 10 October 2013, 08:55 PM
EssexJamie
Scooby Regular

Been there 4 times. Each time for 5 days
1st time Eurostar straight from London nice and easy and quick
2nd time Drove there via ferry, hated it will never so that again probably cost more in the long run as well.
3rd time by plane, easy and simple but took just along as the train in the end time getting in and out if security and waiting for bags then bus to Disney.
4th time Eurostar again this time from Ebbsfleet, best way so far really quick, cheap hassle free.
I've been at Xmasw at to cold and busy, Easter pretty good not to warm but it was dry quite busy, then twice in summer holidays, loved it busy but who cares when it was 27+ degrees and was the best time as there's a lot of excited people which makes it a better experience! each time we've gone we have gone with friends and all agreed Eurostar plus nice weather best way.

Also been Florida twice and it's not far off the price of 5 days in Paris to 3 weeks in Florida lol!
Old 11 October 2013, 11:01 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 97TURBO

Any advise would be appreciated, except in the form of "don't bother going".
Well that's me f***ed then.
My personal preference would be to stay in Paris and head to Euro Disney as a day trip or two, but this strategy depends on your children being good "travelers".
I've been there three times with my children, by Eurostar, by driving from a holiday house on the Loire and by the Paris method.
All in all, I would say that in the case of EuroDisney, it is more fun to travel than it is to arrive. My visits there were all very memorable, but generally for the wrong reasons.
But ain't that life?