Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

gumtree numpties ?!

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2013, 07:24 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gumtree numpties ?!

What is it with gumtree and the amount off numpties it seems to attract ?? advertised a tv I am selling just now and was fairly pleased with the 8 emails I received within the first day off listing it all asking if it was still for sale, let them all know instantly that it was and would they like to view ?.... yes not one off them got back in touch again, were they all wishing I replied back saying it was sold ??!!

things that I have already clearly stated in the advert such as 100% working order are being asked also, do they not read the advert fully before emailing ?

next was one numpty who must have emailed me around 10 times now asking about it, would I deliver ? would I accept £50 cheaper ? will I meet him in the town centre with it and he will take it home in the bus - its a 42" plasma !!! will I take it to him 12 miles away and if okay he will buy it there and then. finally an email last night to say he would deffinattly be in touch this morning to view it, yep still waiting for his visit / next bout off emails to arrive !!

anyone else noticed this with gumtree ?!
Old 06 October 2013, 07:38 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

I have experienced all of these issues, "Will you bring it to me" is the firm favourite.
I won't apologies for saying it, but with cars especially it seems to attract some real pond life.
Old 06 October 2013, 07:39 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use PRELOVED a far better class of people .......
Old 06 October 2013, 07:53 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Never advertised on Gumtree, but I can imagine the type of spastic's and time wasters, simply wasting my time....
Old 06 October 2013, 07:55 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I've never used Gumtree for anything. It seemed so tacky last time I looked. Some people I know have bought their pets from Preloved, and they give good reviews for it.
Old 06 October 2013, 07:57 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Yip full of knackers, lad I work with advertised some corsa c bumpers and lights etc and a lad kept texting him asking if he would swap for a leaf blower??

I've sold a couple of items and had all the usual emails, "how much are you after?" Price is in the advert you *****!

Mick
Old 06 October 2013, 07:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Worlasshasansti
Yip full of knackers, lad I work with advertised some corsa c bumpers and lights etc and a lad kept texting him asking if he would swap for a leaf blower??

Old 06 October 2013, 10:35 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

It's actually never been any different .... even way back in the early 80's you had ********* responding to adverts.

I bought a cheapo Opel Rekord to use while I looked for my new car - came to advertise it 3 months after I bought it - it ran great, rusty sills and wing. It came in white and had 9 months MOT and some Tax, I advertised it for £99 in AutoTrader as anything under £100 was free to advertise.

I had a string of idiots, one wanted me to respray it yellow so it matched his mates identical car!!! One big bloke arrived with a screwdriver and rolled up carpet - I told him he wasn't poking holes in the sills and he left. A trader arrived and tried to convince me that it was only worth £30 as the rear bearings had gone (they hadn't).

I was seriously pi55ed off ... it was so cheap!

Someone told me to advertise it at £250 ..... shockingly, it sold at 8am on the Thursday morning that the AutoTrader came out ...... I had an altogether better class of person in the upper price bracket

That taught me that it's all about perception, a perception that something cheap is crap and something much more expensive is way better.

You only have to look at the watch market - it's a watch, nothing less, nothing more .... TAG a name on it (pun intended) and some numptie will pay silly money for it. Don't get me wrong, I love watches .... I'm just not a numptie
Old 07 October 2013, 03:59 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Sold a couple of cheapo cars on it. Its not nicknamed Scumtree for nothing. Tried an Audi i had on it & along with fleabay i just took the bitter pill & sold it on Autotrader. Thing was a beauty. A4 2.5 Tdi Quattro Sport on a 54 plate with a confirmed 24k on the clock. The amount of tossers i had out questioning was unbelievable. Yes of course its had paint its f**kin 8 years old you to$$ers
Old 07 October 2013, 04:36 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Originally Posted by Worlasshasansti

Mick
+1

PMSL
Old 07 October 2013, 04:41 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by pslewis
It's actually never been any different .... even way back in the early 80's you had ********* responding to adverts.

I bought a cheapo Opel Rekord to use while I looked for my new car - came to advertise it 3 months after I bought it - it ran great, rusty sills and wing. It came in white and had 9 months MOT and some Tax, I advertised it for £99 in AutoTrader as anything under £100 was free to advertise.

I had a string of idiots, one wanted me to respray it yellow so it matched his mates identical car!!! One big bloke arrived with a screwdriver and rolled up carpet - I told him he wasn't poking holes in the sills and he left. A trader arrived and tried to convince me that it was only worth £30 as the rear bearings had gone (they hadn't).

I was seriously pi55ed off ... it was so cheap!...
My boss went to a car boot sale. He had a pair of shoes for sale for 50p.

Some dude tried them on and was walking up and down in them (like in a shoe shop) and asking his mate: "What do you think? Shall I...?"

Then he tried to barter with my boss: "Hmmn 50p?; not sure... Would you accept 30?" At this point my boss got seriously annoyed and just gave them to him for free.

Old 08 October 2013, 08:36 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968

Some dude tried them on and was walking up and down in them (like in a shoe shop) and asking his mate: "What do you think? Shall I...?"

Then he tried to barter with my boss: "Hmmn 50p?; not sure... Would you accept 30?" At this point my boss got seriously annoyed and just gave them to him for free.

Might have been this guy!!!
Old 08 October 2013, 08:36 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968

Might have been this guy!!! https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...rade-time.html
Old 08 October 2013, 08:44 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I sold my Vito on it beginning of this year, paid something like 60 quid for one of the highlighted ads on Autotrader and never got a single bit of interest, not even an Email.

Put it on Gumtree on a Friday had four shouts over the weekend and the first person who came to view it bought it cash!

It's not all dodgers on there.
Old 09 October 2013, 10:29 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Getting 'invalid link'.