Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

just caught a women beater in the street

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2013, 06:45 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just caught a women beater in the street

I am currently working at a landrig near poole and i am staying in the city centre of bournemouth

i was outside my hotel on the smoking balcony a hour or two ago " 5 am " having a smoke and all heard was screaming and then seen some women in her 20's running up the street and a guy chasing after her and when he caught her
he grabbed her hair and pulled it right back violently and punched her twice and bent her arm and twisted it very harshly and started to drag her away by the hair and twisted arm i could not believe what i had just seen it sounds bad but believe me seeing it was 100 times worse her top was ripped and it looked like she was getting dragged into the bushes

By the time i got out of the balcony the guy had dragged the women away and i ran up the road and round the corner to where he had dragged her and i caught the scumbag and held him until the police arrived

and all this women beater could say was its my girlfriend while i was shouting women beating b@stard and saying you can explain yourself to the police !

I am just so disgusted people like this are on the streets as these people think they can get away with anything
Old 16 August 2013, 07:02 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good on you, a lot of people would just sit back and do nothing.
Old 16 August 2013, 07:09 AM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

Well done. Who knows how it might have ended.
Old 16 August 2013, 07:16 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Well done for doing something, hate scum like that
Old 16 August 2013, 07:25 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Cheers ant , DB and daddyscoob

i honestly though by the way he was dragging her that she was about to be sexually assaulted
also several cars drove by and not one of them stopped before and after i had caught him.

When the police arrived she said she was ok and that it was her boyfriend
she must of been crazy to say she is ok as she got one very ugly beating from this scumbag

but they both got put into the back of the police car and taken away

Last edited by nizmo80; 16 August 2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 16 August 2013, 07:34 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing will come of it unfortunately, she has to press charges but probably won't do, it's sad but true she may well support him and say you assaulted her boyfriend/husband.
Where as your intentions were good, it's normally best to remain out of a domestic argument even though the scumbag deserves a kicking, only she can help herself by reporting it and getting out of the relationship.
Old 16 August 2013, 07:43 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

I agree nothing will come of it

but if it had not been a domestic and from what i had seen it looked like something really bad was about to happen

i just cant stand back and let something like this happen
i only found out it was her boyfriend right at the end before the police arrived

say she was in real danger as by from what i had witnessed it looked extremely nasty
and when you see a women with a ripped top getting beaten and dragged away by the hair
what can i think other than she is in danger. I really dont think the best option is to turn a blind eye to this
Old 16 August 2013, 07:46 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nizmo80
I agree nothing will come of it

but if it had not been a domestic and from what i had seen it looked like something really bad was about to happen

i just cant stand back and let something like this happen
i only found out it was her boyfriend right at the end before the police arrived

say she was in real danger as by from what i had witnessed it looked extremely nasty
and when you see a women with a ripped top getting beaten and dragged away by the hair
what can i think other than she is in danger. I really dont think the best option is to turn a blind eye to this
I agree, you did the right thing, the only thing you did wrong was not to kick the f*ck out of him.
Old 16 August 2013, 07:51 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
I agree, you did the right thing, the only thing you did wrong was not to kick the f*ck out of him.
Lol i very much agree with this one
But i am working down here with oil companys and i didnt want to chance being arrested for fighting
when j am away working just in case i could lose my job for fighting when working away from home
Which is a pity as if i was here not with work i would of been alot more hands on with the women beating scum bag
Old 16 August 2013, 07:52 AM
dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

I've got involved in things like that in the past and the guys girlfriend started attacking ME.
Old 16 August 2013, 07:55 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazzaturbo
I've got involved in things like that in the past and the guys girlfriend started attacking ME.
Jesus

some birds out there are crazy thats for sure
Old 16 August 2013, 08:03 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

You working at Wytch Farm Nis?
Old 16 August 2013, 08:06 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
You working at Wytch Farm Nis?
Yea jay

first i was at the normal site and now i will be going to furzy island tomorrow to finish the job
and then finally go home as i have been here 19 days

Last edited by nizmo80; 16 August 2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 16 August 2013, 08:12 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Have you given a statement to the police? Chances are that she won't support a prosecution, so she'll only give a negative statement.

Even if she doesn't want to make a complaint, the police can still go ahead if they have enough evidence to support it. That could be photos of her ripped clothes, bruises, black eyes etc.
Old 16 August 2013, 08:21 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

When the police arrived she was saying its ok he is my boyfriend
and i turned around to the policeman and said to him that he had attacked her and the policeman
took my side straight away as he could see i was sober and put both of them in the back of the police car and said thank you and took them away

the policeman did not take a statement unfortunatly

Last edited by nizmo80; 16 August 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 16 August 2013, 08:21 AM
Emmaroids
BANNED

Well done matey, wish there was more like you around. As said the girlfriend will probably do sod all about prosecution but I can assure you there is some out there that would have been so grateful for you helping.
Old 16 August 2013, 08:24 AM
Oldun
Scooby Regular

You did the right thing. How can people turn a blind eye to this sort of thing in a public place?

If you had done nothing, what might you be thinking now?
Old 16 August 2013, 08:26 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I'm guessing there are likely two things that are happening or have happened:

1. It was just before knocking off time, so the male has been taken to the station, booked in and the job is being handed over to a colleague, who will be in touch later.

2. He's dropped them both off at home and said there is no complaint. It's very rare that you would place a victim and offender in the same vehicle.
Old 16 August 2013, 08:34 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
I'm guessing there are likely two things that are happening or have happened:

1. It was just before knocking off time, so the male has been taken to the station, booked in and the job is being handed over to a colleague, who will be in touch later.

2. He's dropped them both off at home and said there is no complaint. It's very rare that you would place a victim and offender in the same vehicle.
I reckon option 2 is the most likely one as when the police arrived she was all its ok he is my boyfriend

and everything was relitively calm exept for me shouting women beating scumbag at the fella
where as 10 mins before the police had arrived she was getting brutaly assaulted from this fella
Old 16 August 2013, 08:34 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Good work OP - boyfriend, father, son, husband, brother, stranger - makes no difference.
Old 16 August 2013, 08:39 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Bravo to you, if only more people were as courageous as you rather than just turning a blind eye or even film it on their phones etc. Whether charges are brought or not, you stopped something that could have easily escalated into something more serious. You did the right thing.
Old 16 August 2013, 10:00 AM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

The question is, if a heavy set lass was smashing a weedy guy in the face would you have intervened and called the police?
Old 16 August 2013, 10:01 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
No, I think OP done a great job especially considering he didn't hurt the man otherwise things would have turned against him legally in a bad way. Assault charges, lies from the girlfriend and all sorts.
Old 16 August 2013, 10:03 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nizmo80
I am currently working at a landrig near poole and i am staying in the city centre of bournemouth

i was outside my hotel on the smoking balcony a hour or two ago " 5 am " having a smoke and all heard was screaming and then seen some women in her 20's running up the street and a guy chasing after her and when he caught her
he grabbed her hair and pulled it right back violently and punched her twice and bent her arm and twisted it very harshly and started to drag her away by the hair and twisted arm i could not believe what i had just seen it sounds bad but believe me seeing it was 100 times worse her top was ripped and it looked like she was getting dragged into the bushes

By the time i got out of the balcony the guy had dragged the women away and i ran up the road and round the corner to where he had dragged her and i caught the scumbag and held him until the police arrived

and all this women beater could say was its my girlfriend while i was shouting women beating b@stard and saying you can explain yourself to the police !

I am just so disgusted people like this are on the streets as these people think they can get away with anything

Top man.
Old 16 August 2013, 10:30 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Welldone that man.

My wife deals with this sort of thing all day long as she is a radio despatcher for the Kent Police.

99.9% of victims of such a crime will drop the charges and be back with their boyfriend/husband/beater by dinner time.

Sad but true.
Old 16 August 2013, 10:38 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

How do you know she hadn't burnt his dinner?

Seriously though, well done. More so for keeping your cool and by proxy your job.
Old 16 August 2013, 10:42 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Good deed, Nizmo. What a d!ckhead he was; treating his 'girlfriend' like that.

Good to see a thread about protecting a random woman than usual stuff that we read here from some men for random and non-random women e.g. "would give her a sh@g to shut her up", "the psycho biatch has taken all my money in split/divorce", "all women want is your big wallet" etc. type of shoite on SN.

It will be up to her whether she takes further action or not. She may; one day. You have responded to the threat for her, and saved her from further damage at that moment of time. That makes a huge difference. Well done.

I'd also intervene if I see a person (man or a woman) being beaten by his GF/BF/husband/wife anywhere.
Old 16 August 2013, 10:56 AM
oliVeR6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
No, I think OP done a great job especially considering he didn't hurt the man otherwise things would have turned against him legally in a bad way. Assault charges, lies from the girlfriend and all sorts.
Yep I was going to say this! I had a similar experience when I lived in Nottingham. As i was walking home from a night out I walked past a side street and heard some commotion. I looked round and saw a fella punch a woman to the floor! As I ran down the street, phoning the police, he got on top of her and started pounding her in the head/face.
I pushed him off her, she was KO'd and in a very bad way so he started on me!!
I defended myself and ended up on top of him with him face down and his arm up his back. The police/ambulance came and I gave a statement, she had come round and they got taken away in there respective vehicles (ambulance for her and police car for him) and I continued home.
2 days later the police turn up at my doorstep wanting to arrest me for ABH!!!! They had pictures of the fellas face after the incident and a statement from both the man and woman saying I had randomly attacked him!!
Luckily there was CCTV and upon reviewing the footage the charges were dropped due to it being regarded as self defence on my part as he had thrown the first punch. But I could have turned out a lot worse!!
Old 16 August 2013, 11:01 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Cheers folks

It would not of mattered to me which situation it was whether male hitting female or vice versa
If there was someone in distress i would still of done the same thing.

I fully agree gear head once the police arrived she was saying he is my boyfriend and everything is ok
so i highly doubt she would press any charges against him.

but i hope when she wakes up this morning and is of a clear mind and semi sober she relises what happened to her last night and ditches her creep of a boyfriend
but if i am being honest she probably wont and probably put up with more of this creatures abuse which is a shame
Old 16 August 2013, 11:01 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
Absolutely Shaid, I couldn't agree more.

Well done nizmo you handled the situation perfectly from what I can tell and how many other people just would just have walked away and not got involved.

Regardless of whether she presses charges or not you saved her from a potentially worse assault and that in itself is a very good thing

Quick Reply: just caught a women beater in the street