Trax

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2013, 05:01 PM
corkers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trax

Any1 going to trax this year?
Iv never been wondered if its a good day?
I went to fordfair last Sunday took my rs turbo it was a good day

Cheers, nick
Old 07 September 2013, 09:31 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

I'm going mate! Ill be on the regiment 9 stand look out for me
Old 07 September 2013, 09:46 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I thought this thread was about music trax.

Much apologies.

Over and out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 07 September 2013, 10:01 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup me and emma are
Old 07 September 2013, 10:48 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Ill keep an eye out for yours tubby!! Really want to see yours!
Old 07 September 2013, 10:50 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Im not taking my car going in emmas bugeye
Old 07 September 2013, 11:02 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Ahh bugger
Old 08 September 2013, 03:35 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

You'd be better off going to Santa Pod to see some real speed rather than the Chavfest at Silverstone. Some Trax goers were staying at our hotel last night and spent hours polishing their car last night in the car park
Old 09 September 2013, 08:03 AM
Type20Paul
Scooby Regular

The guy who bought my old ST220 off me took it there yesterday. There is a vid of it on youtube. What I want to know is what the hell the boy was doing in the Impreza he overtook?! The Impreza was walking away on the straights but had to let the 220 past as it was all over him in the bends! Seriously, whoever was driving the Scooby needs to up their game. I had the 220 setup well, but that Impreza should have been disappearing from it like the second impreza that goes past the ST like it's stationary! It really proves that the best way to make your car faster is to get some more talent!
Old 09 September 2013, 10:40 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

You can still go around a track at a reasonable pace looking after your pride and joy, enjoying yourself without having to razz round as fast as possible
Old 09 September 2013, 11:04 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

tracktime at these events is full of idiots, not worth the risk.
I was watching some of it from the stand and its was basically chavs in corsa's and saxos driving like idiots so they can tell their friends I beat an impreza,evo etc.

cutting people up on corners not giving way to faster cars and generally being *****.

if I was on track id been in the police station by 9pm because as soon as I got to the pits id be punching saxo owners.

if you want track time, go on a proper track day with insurance.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:05 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Type20Paul
The guy who bought my old ST220 off me took it there yesterday. There is a vid of it on youtube. What I want to know is what the hell the boy was doing in the Impreza he overtook?! The Impreza was walking away on the straights but had to let the 220 past as it was all over him in the bends! Seriously, whoever was driving the Scooby needs to up their game. I had the 220 setup well, but that Impreza should have been disappearing from it like the second impreza that goes past the ST like it's stationary! It really proves that the best way to make your car faster is to get some more talent!

its not a race, idiots that treat it as such are the ones that cause the accidents.
you need to do a lap to warm tyres and brakes and get to know the circuit.
***** waving driving is what causes accidents

Last edited by tubbytommy; 09 September 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:07 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by LSherratt
You can still go around a track at a reasonable pace looking after your pride and joy, enjoying yourself without having to razz round as fast as possible

a sensible approach, not one of a 17 year old who thinks he is ayrton senna.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:15 AM
Type20Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
its not a race, idiots that treat it as such are the ones that cause the accidents.
you need to do a lap to warm tyres and brakes and get to know the circuit.
***** waving driving is what causes accidents
Of course it's not a race. I'm certainly not suggesting it is. But what's the point in taking a quick car onto a track to drive it like you are going to the shops? You might as well just drive on the public road if you aren't bothered about going that fast. Personally I wouldn't take my car on one of these track days at all due to the idiots you mention and the value of the car. But the guy in my old car was driving pretty well IMHO, letting faster drivers past and not going for 'do or die' overtakes on slower cars, but rather going for considered passes. The only point I was making if that to me it seems odd to go to the expense of a trackday only to drive relatively slowly. I'm not suggesting you have to drive your car like a ****, thrash the living daylights out of it or drive on the limits, I'm just suggesting that if you are being outdriven by an ST220 you maybe are in the wrong place. Just my opinion.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:18 AM
Type20Paul
Scooby Regular

tracktime at these events is full of idiots,
if you want track time, go on a proper track day with insurance.
I agree. Though personally I'd go one further and do it in one of the circuits own cars so as not to put un-necessary wear and strain on my own. Not to mention the risk of being wiped out by a tw@t just trying to show off.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:19 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Of course it's not a race. I'm certainly not suggesting it is. But what's the point in taking a quick car onto a track to drive it like you are going to the shops? You might as well just drive on the public road if you aren't bothered about going that fast. Personally I wouldn't take my car on one of these track days at all due to the idiots you mention and the value of the car. But the guy in my old car was driving pretty well IMHO, letting faster drivers past and not going for 'do or die' overtakes on slower cars, but rather going for considered passes. The only point I was making if that to me it seems odd to go to the expense of a trackday only to drive relatively slowly. I'm not suggesting you have to drive your car like a ****, thrash the living daylights out of it or drive on the limits, I'm just suggesting that if you are being outdriven by an ST220 you maybe are in the wrong place. Just my opinion.

or maybe he was driving within the limits of his skill, nothing wrong with that if he was enjoying himself.

better than driving faster than he is capable of just to beat a mondeo and crash his pride and joy.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:19 AM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

Not really, my mate went on track at ford fair, he has a 400bhp FRS, and i dont think he came out of 4th haha took it steady, it was his first time on track i think, so getting to know it and mainly did it for the experiance of driving round silverstone circuit...
Old 09 September 2013, 11:20 AM
dukeoffenland
Scooby Regular

I went , did laugh when they recovered a corsa , the wheel fell off and they just dragged it
Old 09 September 2013, 11:22 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by dukeoffenland
I went , did laugh when they recovered a corsa , the wheel fell off and they just dragged it

not just a corsa it had ap front brakes on it and coilovers and a turbo conversion.

the alloy wheel nuts snapped, they dragged It along on its brake disc
Old 09 September 2013, 11:22 AM
Type20Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ash170990
Not really, my mate went on track at ford fair, he has a 400bhp FRS, and i dont think he came out of 4th haha took it steady, it was his first time on track i think, so getting to know it and mainly did it for the experiance of driving round silverstone circuit...

I know the point you are trying to make, but being pedantic I do have to point out that the straights on the course layout they used at Fordfair mean you probably couldn't get into 5th anyway.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:23 AM
Type20Paul
Scooby Regular

or maybe he was driving within the limits of his skill, nothing wrong with that if he was enjoying himself.

better than driving faster than he is capable of just to beat a mondeo and crash his pride and joy.
Fair point
Old 09 September 2013, 11:26 AM
dukeoffenland
Scooby Regular

not just a corsa it had ap front brakes on it and coilovers and a turbo conversion.

the alloy wheel nuts snapped, they dragged It along on its brake disc
It's still a corsa no matter what way you look at it mate , 2 of my mates went out said it was carnage !

It's not a track day it's a track experience
Old 09 September 2013, 11:28 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by dukeoffenland
It's still a corsa no matter what way you look at it mate , 2 of my mates went out said it was carnage !

It's not a track day it's a track experience

agreed its a corsa, with some expensive upgrades, I bet he was crying.

it certainly looked an experience, similar to driving in india id think.

I did see your clubs cars parked next to the stand where I was watching the said carnage.
Old 09 September 2013, 11:33 AM
dukeoffenland
Scooby Regular

Yeah I did like the little corsa , I wouldn't go out there without the right insurance anyway

Mine was the blue wagon acting as a paper weight
Old 09 September 2013, 12:46 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

I didn't see the corsa, there was a corsa c with vxr lump running 310hp that I wouldn't mind owning, still it's a corsa but I bet it can be fun trying to control it
Old 09 September 2013, 12:50 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Never in my life have I seen so many crap cars on the road.

The best (worst) was a Corsa with such massive camber on his rear tyres, that I suggest he must be buying new tyres every 1000 miles.

The A43 was full of loud accelerating cars.
Old 09 September 2013, 02:02 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

What would you say is a decent show to go to then? I'm a big novice when it comes to things like this and I want to go and have a look around some shows, but this Trax event sounds w@nk Is there a website which lists all the decent/half decent shows?
Old 09 September 2013, 02:09 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by LSherratt
What would you say is a decent show to go to then? I'm a big novice when it comes to things like this and I want to go and have a look around some shows, but this Trax event sounds w@nk Is there a website which lists all the decent/half decent shows?

id avoid trax, japfest etc they are just like a car park full of corsas and saxos.
nothing much to see.

rally day at castle coombe is a very good show which has proper cars and drivers to see.
Old 09 September 2013, 04:15 PM
dukeoffenland
Scooby Regular

Jae is good ( and next weekend ) but is a static show
Old 09 September 2013, 05:27 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

I was at Trax, and was on track at 09:20.

I was slow as hell to be fair, no mondeo's tearing past me but a Volvo estate, which ended up off the road about 5 seconds after passing me

Unfortunately my brake pads lasted all of three laps, so no real chance to build confidence etc but it was very difficult to use the full track when there were cars at either side of you THROUGH corners.

Looking forward to a proper track day.

Quick Reply: Trax