Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"We all pay for your benefits"....

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2013, 09:06 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default "We all pay for your benefits"....

....on BBC1 now with Nick and Marg. I know this is a favorite discussion point on here....
Old 11 July 2013, 09:20 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just switched on, leather sofas and flat screen tvs seem to be the order of the day. What a surprise
Old 11 July 2013, 09:22 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Fix your teeth. Lose weight. Get rid of animals. Get out the pub.

100 hours a week for 2700 a month....jeez!
Old 11 July 2013, 09:25 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Just switched on, leather sofas and flat screen tvs seem to be the order of the day. What a surprise
If you want to buy a new tv, they only sell flat screens.
Old 11 July 2013, 09:26 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

What in the name of God is that red thing on the drive.
Old 11 July 2013, 09:29 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Surely that fat thing spends more than £40 on food a week?
Old 11 July 2013, 09:30 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

"The kings speech" is on film4. Must be better than this dross.
Old 11 July 2013, 09:31 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

One guy has a Macbook, iMac, iPhone, XBox, Sky TV, 'designer' shoes, nothing like living up to a stereotype!
Old 11 July 2013, 09:32 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
"The kings speech" is on film4. Must be better than this dross.
S, s, se, see, seen it.
Old 11 July 2013, 09:39 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by davyboy
S, s, se, see, seen it.
l, l, lol
Old 11 July 2013, 09:39 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

If you want to buy a new tv, they only sell flat screens.
New???

Ok you're so poor you get free food from a charity yet you have a large flat screen, leather suites and the latest games consoles.

They're fishing for excuses to justify their paid for lives.
Old 11 July 2013, 10:03 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I don't object to people have a telly (btw how much does a telly actually cost these days?... 20 packs of ****??) I do however draw the line at paying for their tattoos

Last edited by Martin2005; 11 July 2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11 July 2013, 10:20 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I don't object to people have a telly (btw how much does a telly actually cost these days?... 20 packs of ****??) I do however draw the line at paying for their tattoos
That's only the start.wait until tattoos go out of fashion, and they all want them removing.
Old 11 July 2013, 10:23 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Heres a tip for all on benifits... The moment you are sacked, made redundent or loose your job then you should spend 9-5 looking for another job. Make looking for a job your job.

That fookin whale that has 'applied' for 6 jobs a month. Selfish ****!
Old 11 July 2013, 10:48 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

These people are outliers. Food bank use is going up. It's daft to think that all benefits claimants can afford all these consumer goods and live a life of Riley.
Old 11 July 2013, 10:50 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

That's only the start.wait until tattoos go out of fashion, and they all want them removing.
Tattoos are the new mullets.

With the hot weather every yolo type wearing a vest is seen sporting copious arm tats. I looks terrible to my eye.

But then I drive a diesel golf and don't wear vests in public lol.

Last edited by tony de wonderful; 11 July 2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11 July 2013, 11:37 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I was going to watch this and hate everybody on it, but it didn't turn out quite like that.

I felt a bit sorry for the guy with the wife/partner and kids who was now out of work. I didn't catch how long he'd been out of work for, but he did genuinely seem to want to be back in work and what hit me was his reaction after his son said he wanted to be like him, he actually seemed ashamed. If he is to be believed, he's trying to get back into work without success, and on top of that, until something serious changes with the benefits/work situation so that people are not better off out of work, we will continue to see people sitting on the dole who don't want to be there, but have little choice.

The guy who was a single parent, again, I had a slight amount of time for as I think his heart is in the right place, but he seemed a bit dim and didn't really live in the real world.

I didn't have very much time at all for the other two people filmed tbh.

Maybe my opinions will change after next week's episode???
Old 12 July 2013, 12:28 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

What is this? Are programmes about benefit claimants the new cookery programmes? We seem to be getting one after another.... maybe it's all part of the government's scheme to demonise all people on benefits as workshy lazy scum....it's working given the recent posts in NSR
Old 12 July 2013, 12:54 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
What is this? Are programmes about benefit claimants the new cookery programmes? We seem to be getting one after another.... maybe it's all part of the government's scheme to demonise all people on benefits as workshy lazy scum....it's working given the recent posts in NSR
Nobody can afford to cook now; cold beans past their sell by date is the best we can get from the food bank.
Old 12 July 2013, 07:03 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan

I thought it was quite a balanced programme, don't forget Nick is a life long Labour supporter. They clearly pointed out that half the total benefits budget goes to pensioners and only 10% to the unemployed.

What always shocks me though is the number of animals people on benefits keep. I mentioned this on the dangerous dogs thread, I don't understand this nation's obsession with keeping dirty animals inside your house like it's some kind of frickin zoo.

So rather than my tax money going to ensure children in these households at least get good nutritious food, they are fed high sugar/salt/fat cheap garbage so that there is money to feed dogs, cats, lizards and hamsters
Old 12 July 2013, 07:27 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
So rather than my tax money going to ensure children in these households at least get good nutritious food, they are fed high sugar/salt/fat cheap garbage so that there is money to feed dogs, cats, lizards and hamsters
Couldn't agree more.... but you cannot legislate for the stupid no matter how hard you try!!
Old 12 July 2013, 07:29 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Nobody can afford to cook now; cold beans past their sell by date is the best we can get from the food bank.
Good point.... they should combine cookery and gardening programmes to show us how to turn our suburban shrubberies into home farms .... Tom and Barbara style
Old 12 July 2013, 08:52 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
I thought it was quite a balanced programme, don't forget Nick is a life long Labour supporter. They clearly pointed out that half the total benefits budget goes to pensioners and only 10% to the unemployed.

What always shocks me though is the number of animals people on benefits keep. I mentioned this on the dangerous dogs thread, I don't understand this nation's obsession with keeping dirty animals inside your house like it's some kind of frickin zoo.

Very true, it's about time benefit people and their pets just put a stop to it. Why are they so attracted to pitbulls and staffs and any other council breed they can think of? If i wanted to sponsor the local zoo i bloody well can i don't see why our tax money should be used to pay for the local benefit people to have a pet.
Old 12 July 2013, 10:09 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I would happily see long term benefit scroungers living in shacks with no luxuries.

Why would you want to work if there is no discernible difference between not working and working.
Old 12 July 2013, 04:09 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
I would happily see long term benefit scroungers living in shacks with no luxuries.

Why would you want to work if there is no discernible difference between not working and working.
Hit the nail on the head.

The rest is all waffle. If you really want to make a difference, time limit benefits. No party has the bottle to do it.
Old 12 July 2013, 06:00 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it's the system thats firked. bloke over the road from where i work has just been put on 3day week. and guess what he is £15 better off. as he has 3 kids lives in a rented house, so he gets help with the rent and council tax if he does 3 days, and no help at all if he does 5. work out the sence in that one, and the goverment say they are going to make working pay . WHAT A LAUGH, i work all month to be £72.30 better off
Old 12 July 2013, 06:42 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Where I used to work the choice was day job 20k. Night job 24k. Flt driving btw. Problem was 3kids on days gave you 3k tax credits so the salary was 20+3=23k. Nights lost tax credits. No one with kids would do nights.

It's not just the unemployed that play the system.
Old 12 July 2013, 06:58 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Felt sorry for the kids in the programme.
Old 13 July 2013, 12:13 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Where I used to work the choice was day job 20k. Night job 24k. Flt driving btw. Problem was 3kids on days gave you 3k tax credits so the salary was 20+3=23k. Nights lost tax credits. No one with kids would do nights.

It's not just the unemployed that play the system.
Sounds a lot like Bibby Distribution, where I worked years ago. I didn't have kids then mind and preferred nights for the extra ££.

I missed this program, as ironically I was at work providing for my family Ch4 at a guess?
Old 13 July 2013, 12:18 AM
Lisawrx

Nope, BBC1.

Quick Reply: "We all pay for your benefits"....