Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Family Holiday, Mid September, Devon/Cornwall

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2013, 12:18 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Family Holiday, Mid September, Devon/Cornwall

Looking for some recommendations for a holiday with the wife and kids, not really done the family thing before....

So before babies our holidays were either abroad, remote holiday cottages in the UK, or camping. I naively thought we'd be able to continue with this after having children but after our last holiday didn't go so well I'm having a rethink. For out last holiday we booked a cottage in the Scottish borders (Galloway) during February and fully expected to do lots of walking and general outdoor type stuff but our two year old wasn't playing ball and we spent most of our time either at the cottage watching Peppa Pig or looking for local soft play / kid friendly attractions.

We've got two weeks holiday planned in September after the schools go back so we're thinking of going to a holiday park type of set up, preferably somewhere near the beach, with a pool (indoor / outdoor) and with kids facilities i.e. soft play, adventure playground etc. As we now have a new baby in tow as well as the two year old I'd like the option of having stuff on hand for the boy so that I can entertain him while the missus and baby get some rest. Devon or Cornwall seem to offer the most options. I'd normally avoid these types of place like the plague as I have visions of them being full of chavs with their horrid kids but I'm wondering if there are some that are a bit more upmarket. Before anyone mentions Centre Parcs, I'm sure it's good but seems horrendously expensive especially as we want to have a fortnight.

Any recommendations?
Old 19 June 2013, 12:25 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ladrambay.co.uk/

Static caravan-type affair with lots of facilities on-site and a 10-20 minute drive to Exmouth or Sidmouth. A bit chavvy though, but if you are going when the kids go back it may be less so.

Last edited by ReallyReallyGoodMeat; 19 June 2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 19 June 2013, 12:39 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm from Exeter, I live in Dawlish right next to the beach loads of holiday parks but not sure about upmarket? I deliver all around Cornwall park dean holidays parks white acre is nice in newquay crantock or holly well closer to the beach. There is a posh one called oyster bay coast and country it's all new and has a chauffeur service when you arrive lol not sure on price with that one I think it's at goonhavern cheers Marc
Old 19 June 2013, 12:54 PM
Ste RB5138
Scooby Regular

We usually have good weather in early mid September from what I remember of the last few years.
Old 19 June 2013, 02:04 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Holywell Bay has a lovely beach, plus the fun park just up the road has a camp site right next to it.

If you want something unique, take a look at The Limit in Holywell Bay

http://www.uniquehomestays.com/uniqu...ls.asp?id=1132
Old 19 June 2013, 02:04 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Holywell Bay has a lovely beach, plus the fun park just up the road has a camp site right next to it.

If you want something unique, take a look at The Limit in Holywell Bay

http://www.uniquehomestays.com/uniqu...ls.asp?id=1132
Old 19 June 2013, 04:47 PM
oilman
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years ago I used to work at Newquay Holiday Park and that was a bit better than most of the other sites. Same with Holywell Bay, but that was about 13-14 years ago. One good thing about September is that most of the sites will be quiet as the kids are back at school, but it also means that some facilities on some sites will be shut for the winter.

Trending Topics

Old 20 June 2013, 09:01 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
http://www.ladrambay.co.uk/

Static caravan-type affair with lots of facilities on-site and a 10-20 minute drive to Exmouth or Sidmouth. A bit chavvy though, but if you are going when the kids go back it may be less so.
That's the sort of thing, will have a look as this well as the other suggestions. I hate Trip Advisor, just takes a few bad reviews in amongst better ones to put you off