Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Terrible customer service and Protected NCB

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2013, 12:56 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Terrible customer service and Protected NCB

Took the day off work as I need to go house hunting and sort my car insurance out.

Firstly, I have to admit I look a bit scruffy as i've been doing a bit of DIY in the house and well I couldn't be bothered dollying myself up just to visit an estate agents but jesus christ I might as well have been invisible. Really shoddy customer service in all 3 of the estate agents I visited, not one them could really be bothered speaking to me and preferred to take phonecalls instead. I was just shoved leaflets into my hand and told to have a look and give them a ring. WTF? I am there now, I am looking to move very soon!

The last fat mess that served me really irked me though, she looked like a strategically shaved gorrilla and couldn't even get off her lazy *** to come over to me and instead beckoned me over to the lair of filth that was her desk with her finger.

Gggrrr all very irritating stuff.

Secondly, car insurance, Is there really a point to having NCB? I checked through Compare the market varying my NCB's and it didn't really seem to make a huge difference? My current car insurance matched an online price for me but forgot to mention until right at the end that in order to do it they bumped my excess upto £700! Needless to say they were told to go do one politely but came to an agreement somewhere in the middle. What really troubled me was that I had to pay extra to protect my NCB's? Why? they seem pretty useless and they are uselessly now costing me extra per year to protect? Seems like a huge con imo.

Rant over.

Last edited by Jamz3k; 17 June 2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 17 June 2013, 01:07 PM
averyp2
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Estate Agents really get on my wick!

When I was looking at least half of them couldn't have been more disinterested as soon as they see a younger bloke, how do they know how much I can afford??

Most of the women I encountered looked like they had been tango'd, several turned up late, promised phone calls were sparce.

Remind me, exactly what skills do you need to do this 'highly demanding' occupation? (except being a good bullsh!tter?).

I feel your pain buddy
Old 17 June 2013, 01:14 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

'Protected' No Claims are probably the reason No Claims no longer have any value - it defeats the purpose of the whole system - the clue is in the name! It's not 'almost no claims', or 'not many claims in the last 10 years' it's 'No' claims!
Old 17 June 2013, 01:29 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NCB seems to make no difference at all these days.
Old 17 June 2013, 02:16 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

It still amazes me that people complain that insurance costs so much, and thell me that they have never claimed, and will never claim.... yet they choose to spend and extra 10-15% each year to protect NCB.

With some of these online comparison sites they often default on maximum NCB regardless of what amount you enter.... it's only when you get to the point of paying and input the correct amount that that give you the exact price.
Old 17 June 2013, 02:34 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
It still amazes me that people complain that insurance costs so much, and thell me that they have never claimed, and will never claim.... yet they choose to spend and extra 10-15% each year to protect NCB.
What annoys me more is the fact that every insurance company quotes me more because I've had 2 non-fault accidents. Disgraceful practice imo.
Old 17 June 2013, 02:49 PM
Moley
Sponsor

I hear that a lot.... but no company i deal with (40+) load any extra for a non-fault claim.

Trending Topics

Old 17 June 2013, 03:01 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Maybe Northern Ireland insurance brokers are just ***** then because I've been told numerous times that as i've had an accident before, its more than likely I'll have an accident again which is why my premium is more expensive.
Old 17 June 2013, 03:26 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

To be honest Moley, I can understand if they did load the premium for a non-fault accident. It may be a particualr stretch of road that you travel on or at a certain time of day that puts you at a greater risk of having an accident. The fact that you were involved in accident automatically increases your likelyhood (through risk analysis) of being involved in another.

A friend of mine has been involved in 5 non-fault accidents over the last 10 years. Oddly enough, his driving is ****e.
Old 17 June 2013, 03:34 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head
To be honest Moley, I can understand if they did load the premium for a non-fault accident. It may be a particualr stretch of road that you travel on or at a certain time of day that puts you at a greater risk of having an accident. The fact that you were involved in accident automatically increases your likelyhood (through risk analysis) of being involved in another.

A friend of mine has been involved in 5 non-fault accidents over the last 10 years. Oddly enough, his driving is ****e.
Factually my driving is **** BUT my accidents were as follows:
First: Van driver flew out of a side street right into the side of me.
Second: Sitting stationary at traffic lights and an old fat brain dead professional dole scrounger drove straight into the back of me. His wife even had the cheek to complain to me because I claimed against them that they wouldn't beable to go on holiday "this year".
Old 17 June 2013, 04:56 PM
Moley
Sponsor

If you've had a few non-fault claims but have claimed PI on them, then the insurers may be cautious.
Old 17 June 2013, 05:00 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

On neither of mine did I claim anything other than getting my car back on the road. Believe it or not, I'm quite an honest chap in real life.
Old 17 June 2013, 10:03 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I'm falling foul of that one too.

Last year my car was parked up and someone left the hand brake off their car which subsequently rolled into mine. It had to go through the insurance companies due to the damage to both cars but I was declared not at fault, obviously. anyway I've just done a quote with admiral and its around £50 more if I declare the not at fault claim
It's a bloody joke!

Nik

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
What annoys me more is the fact that every insurance company quotes me more because I've had 2 non-fault accidents. Disgraceful practice imo.
Old 17 June 2013, 10:28 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Its kinda funny if you think about it. Is someone who hasn't hand an accident it 20 years due one sooner , that someone who just had 3 in a year and couldnt be that unlucky to have another one ?

Insurance has more in common with gambling IMO , and the companies are the bookies
Old 18 June 2013, 10:22 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

On neither of mine did I claim anything other than getting my car back on the road. Believe it or not, I'm quite an honest chap in real life.
Did you try compareni for a comparison?
Old 18 June 2013, 10:46 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Its kinda funny if you think about it. Is someone who hasn't hand an accident it 20 years due one sooner , that someone who just had 3 in a year and couldnt be that unlucky to have another one ?

Insurance has more in common with gambling IMO , and the companies are the bookies
Of course it does. It is risk analysis. You are asking them to insure you so they will use all available info to make a decision.
Old 18 June 2013, 01:29 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
I'm falling foul of that one too.

Last year my car was parked up and someone left the hand brake off their car which subsequently rolled into mine. It had to go through the insurance companies due to the damage to both cars but I was declared not at fault, obviously. anyway I've just done a quote with admiral and its around £50 more if I declare the not at fault claim
It's a bloody joke!
I don't park in that car park. Am I a higher or lower risk than you
Old 18 June 2013, 09:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Did you try compareni for a comparison?
I didn't actually, forgot about that website!
Old 19 June 2013, 08:21 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

I didn't actually, forgot about that website!
Try it - you might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 19 June 2013, 05:17 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately I wasn't!
Old 20 June 2013, 08:20 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Pity - I did try.