Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parents' parking caught out

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2013, 11:51 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parents' parking caught out

Why don't the Police do this every weekday? Like shooting fish in a barrel!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-22599596

I just don't understand the mentality of not making sure your children are securely seatbelted!? That bloke is a prize kn0b.
Old 21 May 2013, 12:28 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep , a total ****.
Old 21 May 2013, 01:05 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Language and attitude in front of his child and is that a *** in his hand?
Old 21 May 2013, 01:16 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mouser
Language and attitude in front of his child and is that a *** in his hand?
+ 1 what a ****!
Old 21 May 2013, 02:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Hard to believe someone being so rude to a copper for no good reason and using language like that in front of a child.

What sort of training is that for the child?

Les
Old 21 May 2013, 02:45 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Hard to believe someone being so rude to a copper for no good reason and using language like that in front of a child.

What sort of training is that for the child?

Les
Don't think he was being abusive to a policeman Les, but that doesn't make any difference. Also worrying was of the 8 cars pulled over 2 were impounded for not being properly insured.
Old 21 May 2013, 02:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well whoever it was then.

I agree with you about the uninsured ones too.

Les
Old 21 May 2013, 05:45 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Looks like they had a Ninja out in force too
Old 21 May 2013, 06:23 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
You ain't seen me, roight?

(I noticed that...)
Old 21 May 2013, 07:46 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

probably from scunthorpe
Old 21 May 2013, 08:06 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
Old 21 May 2013, 11:37 PM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

Does make you wonder though if the police have nothing better to do than harass parents picking their kids up from school.
Old 21 May 2013, 11:51 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I live near a school, and I'd welcome a police clampdown on some of the shocking behaviour of the parents in these parts
Old 22 May 2013, 12:04 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by Sti Addict
Does make you wonder though if the police have nothing better to do than harass parents picking their kids up from school.
I'm sure they would rather spend their time dealing with other things, but that doesn't mean behaviour around schools should be ignored.

Perhaps if people were a little bit more responsible in the first place, the police wouldn't end up having their time wasted for want of a better word. If they all had a bit common sense, they wouldn't find themselves being harassed.
Old 22 May 2013, 12:11 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I live near a school, and I'd welcome a police clampdown on some of the shocking behaviour of the parents in these parts
Same here. The council have seen fit to put speed bumps in, and reduced the limit to 20 in the surrounding area, however, this has done nothing to address any problems I see day in day out. The amount of people that just pull out with no warning, block roads, and seem to fail to know what an indicator is, is shocking. Don't get me started on the speeds they go down the street at, when ferrying their kids to school, despite the limit and speed bumps, the irony being they were brought in to supposedly help protect those very children.
Old 22 May 2013, 12:12 AM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

I live right round the corner from a school, I really dont see what the problem is, its not the end of the world if some parents park on double yellow line for twenty seconds while their kids get into the car.

I see the police there all the time, seems more like a handing out fines money making scam. No wonder the parents get angry.
Old 22 May 2013, 12:24 AM
Lisawrx

And when a child gets knocked over because of the way people drive/park around schools, everybody will be up in arms because authorities did nothing to enforce the rules of the road......
Old 22 May 2013, 12:37 AM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

I really dont see how parents picking up their kids are going to start launching their cars as soon as they have picked their own kids up, and not have any awareness of other peoples kids.

Plus at the school near me they lights, and a lollipop man.

What would you have the parents do? Turn up in a helicopter and drop a ladder for the kids to climb up???

Last edited by Sti Addict; 22 May 2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 22 May 2013, 01:04 AM
Lisawrx

I really dont see how parents picking up their kids are going to start launching their cars as soon as they have picked their own kids up, and not have any awareness of other peoples kids.

Plus at the school near me they lights, and a lollipop man.

What would you have the parents do? Turn up in a helicopter and drop a ladder for the kids to climb up???
Each experience will be different. Where I live, parents do block the road, as they can't pull in where they might want to be, heaven forbid, stop on another street and walk around.... Those fortunate to get a spot on the roads I pass by, are double parked, and just pull out, they either can't see what is coming or think they are more important than vehicles already driving along the road. I'm not saying they launch away, but I have seen first hand, people pull away not being able to see what was around them (back to my last sentence)

As for speeding, I'm not talking about on the road of the school, but certainly on mine. Not a problem for me, but could be for people who actually still bother to walk their kids to school, not to mention, the blind corner at the bottom of the road or the fact that parking on our street is all on one side, and some of these people race down the street (on the wrong side of the road) with no regard for the fact something is already coming up.

Just to add, we have no lights, crossings or lollypop man/woman anywhere near the school.

Fortunately for the parents here, the police aren't a problem, even though they could probably have a field day.

I'm not saying that parents should find some magic way to get their kids to school, just that they should use some common sense and behave safely. If they can't manage that, they shouldn't complain if they get pulled up for it.

I do also wonder how many of these parents need to drop their kids off in cars, but that is another issue.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:09 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Or they could always walk. Crazy I know.

It's just another symptom of the entitlement culture pervasive in our society at the moment, 'I can park where the hell I want', 'I don't care if I'm blocking you from getting out of your driveway, I need to drop my kid off', 'I need to drive fast to get my kid to school on time' - it stinks and makes us hate each other just a little bit more.

Last edited by ReallyReallyGoodMeat; 22 May 2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:26 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

More of this please..... I walk my daughter to school quite a bit, and some of the driving and general behaviour around the school boils my pis$. If I didn't have my daughter with me I'd react very differently.

Trying to cross the road on a zebra crossing and cars just drive straight over it cutting in front of you leaving you in the middle. One of these days someones going to get a right good boot to a rear quarter panel.

Outside the school there are the usual zig zags and double yellows, but 60-80 yards up the road there is ample non restricted parking, yet people will NOT park and walk the 2 minutes or so, they park illegally instead.
Old 22 May 2013, 12:43 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Do you have children at school?
Old 22 May 2013, 12:56 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

I live right round the corner from a school, I really dont see what the problem is, its not the end of the world if some parents park on double yellow line for twenty seconds while their kids get into the car.

I see the police there all the time, seems more like a handing out fines money making scam. No wonder the parents get angry.
The parents in your area must be the exeption then. We get people just stopping in the middle of the road, pulling up diagonally onto the kerbs, parking across (and even sometimes ON) people's driveways, andpulling up and pulling away without indicating, or it seems even checking mirrors

On the up side, we do have a lot of beligerent older people on our road, who like to make things as difficult as possible for some of these parents
Old 22 May 2013, 03:48 PM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
The parents in your area must be the exeption then. We get people just stopping in the middle of the road, pulling up diagonally onto the kerbs, parking across (and even sometimes ON) people's driveways, andpulling up and pulling away without indicating, or it seems even checking mirrors

On the up side, we do have a lot of beligerent older people on our road, who like to make things as difficult as possible for some of these parents
I do agree if this is the silly stuff they are doing then they should be punished, its dangerous to drivers and school kids, maybe where I live they are not as bad, I frequently see people doing three point turns, Im happy to wait, but thats as far as it goes, never seen anyone mouting the kerb etc.
Old 22 May 2013, 04:53 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Point 1. Your parked on double yellows and a car over takes you and clouts you as you try getting out of your car, no doubt you'll blame the other car! Then you contradict your self in another post by saying you never see people mounting the curb!

Point 2. One of the people who gets a fine for no insurance/tax/mot etc as part of "the money making Police scam" ploughs into your child. Never mind it's just a money making scam and you don't care!

Look out PS Lewis, you have a rival!
Old 22 May 2013, 06:13 PM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Point 1. Your parked on double yellows and a car over takes you and clouts you as you try getting out of your car, no doubt you'll blame the other car! Then you contradict your self in another post by saying you never see people mounting the curb!

Point 2. One of the people who gets a fine for no insurance/tax/mot etc as part of "the money making Police scam" ploughs into your child. Never mind it's just a money making scam and you don't care!

Look out PS Lewis, you have a rival!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you on your period or something???? When did I say I park on double yellow lines?? And what does that have to do with mounting a kerb???

Ok fine, parents should not drop/pick their kids up in cars, and parents parking on double yellow for a few seconds should be the top priority of the police, not drug dealers etc!!

Bloodyhell, get a life mate!
Old 22 May 2013, 07:18 PM
Lisawrx

To be fair, I doubt it's a top priority, but just because these are lesser crimes, doesn't mean they should be ignored, for a variety of reasons mentioned in this thread.

The police are there to deal with all manner of crimes, and no doubt if there was a major drugs raid required, or a manhunt for a murderer etc. the police would be giving their time to that, not parking/driving offences outside of schools. I would also imagine that if an emergency call came through, they'd attend to that. In the 'downtime' why shouldn't they deal with these problems?
Old 22 May 2013, 07:34 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=Sti Addict;11097281]WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you on your period or something???? When did I say I park on double yellow lines?? And what does that have to do with mounting a kerb???

Ok fine, parents should not drop/pick their kids up in cars, and parents parking on double yellow for a few seconds should be the top priority of the police, not drug dealers etc!!

Bloodyhell, get a life

PS Lewis will love you.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 22 May 2013 at 07:36 PM.