Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

email address change but cant remember password...

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2013, 10:11 PM
scoobysteve1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default email address change but cant remember password...

i need to change my email address as my old one got hacked and is now locked so i cannot access it. ive set up a new address but i cannot remember my scoobynet password and when i go to my account settings, the only option is to email a password reminder.... which will go to the account i cannot access... any ideas or do i just set up a new account? cheers, steve.
Old 10 May 2013, 10:17 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Hows about rectifying the original problem and unlocking your old email address?
Old 10 May 2013, 10:23 PM
scoobysteve1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Hows about rectifying the original problem and unlocking your old email address?
ive tried and tried and tried, the only way to unlock it is to answer a security question of 'where did you spend your honeymoon'. the thing is, im not married and have never set that security question lol! ive tried every answer i can think of but no joy and i cant find a phone number to contact yahoo, only an email address which is kind of useless as i cant access my emails to send them one. funny thing is ive been getting calls from barclaycard about identity fraud every day but my barclaycard account is normal???
Old 11 May 2013, 12:02 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea about stuff like this, but it is perhaps worth contacting Stu, our site admin to see if he can help. Link to his profile below so you can PM him

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=22875
Old 11 May 2013, 02:24 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobysteve1983
ive tried and tried and tried, the only way to unlock it is to answer a security question of 'where did you spend your honeymoon'. the thing is, im not married and have never set that security question lol! ive tried every answer i can think of but no joy and i cant find a phone number to contact yahoo, only an email address which is kind of useless as i cant access my emails to send them one. funny thing is ive been getting calls from barclaycard about identity fraud every day but my barclaycard account is normal???
About Barclaycard emails, don't worry. I'm getting loads of them as well. I've asked Barclaycard on phone, and they have told me that those emails themselves are fraud!
I also get fraudulent emails from Paypal; just to confirm that I have made payments to Facebook Ireland. The fact is that I hardly go on Facebook UK even, and I have made no payments to any Facebook- may it be an Irish, Scottish, Welsh or even Chinese, Indian or Afghanistani one.

About honeymoon password, just answer 'Blackpool' for what it's worth, and Stu (our Blackpudlian webmaster) will let you in.
Old 11 May 2013, 05:01 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

He said calls, not emails.
Old 11 May 2013, 05:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boro
He said calls, not emails.
Oh.

He must be in trouble with them, then.
Old 14 May 2013, 09:22 PM
scoobysteve1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Oh.

He must be in trouble with them, then.
no trouble, just keep on ringing me about id fraud and trying to sell me ppi. havent they learnt this lesson yet?
Old 14 May 2013, 11:04 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobysteve1983
no trouble, just keep on ringing me about id fraud and trying to sell me ppi. havent they learnt this lesson yet?
Oh, right. That is a strange one, as I get calls from the ones who want to get me back my miss-sold PPI. That does my head in.

I used to get calls from a company with "We have reports that your Microsoft account has been hacked, so please confirm your details with us so that we can do something about it". Instead of giving my details out to them, I'd ask- "How do you know my account has been hacked?? Are you from Microsoft?". They'd say- "No, we are not Microsoft, but we know it for sure that your account has been hacked, and your Windows have been corrupted as well". I'd say- " TBH mate, I'm not that soft to fall for your dodge on the name of Microsoft. Goodbye.", and hang up.