Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Barrister says age of consent should be lowered to 13

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2013, 12:45 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barrister says age of consent should be lowered to 13

A leading rights barrister has been roundly condemned and is facing an inquiry at work after she called for an end to the prosecution of ageing celebrities like Stuart Hall for “low level” sex offences.

Barbara Hewson wrote in an article for the online magazine Spiked that the age of consent should be lowered to 13, a time limit imposed for bringing charges, and alleged victims should lose their anonymity, to stop the “persecution of old men”.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/law/article3759950.ece

Old 09 May 2013, 12:49 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 22BUK
A leading rights barrister has been roundly condemned and is facing an inquiry at work after she called for an end to the prosecution of ageing celebrities like Stuart Hall for “low level” sex offences.

Barbara Hewson wrote in an article for the online magazine Spiked that the age of consent should be lowered to 13, a time limit imposed for bringing charges, and alleged victims should lose their anonymity, to stop the “persecution of old men”.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/law/article3759950.ece

That woman clearly put crack on her cornflakes on the morning she decided that was a good idea!
Old 09 May 2013, 12:54 PM
Turbo Tone
Scooby Regular

Be interesting to hear anyone's views who has a 13 year old daughter!

I know what my response would be if I did!
Old 09 May 2013, 01:35 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

What I want to know is when you hear of 13,14,15 year olds having kids has someone been banged up for this?

I cannot believe we let children who cannot look after themselves have children, surely they should be aborted until the child is old enough to cope/fund it properly!

Every child that has a baby must be funded by the taxpayer so why do we allow it?
Old 09 May 2013, 01:49 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by specialx
I cannot believe we let children who cannot look after themselves have children, surely they should be aborted until the child is old enough to cope/fund it properly!
Thanks **** someone else agrees with me on that subject.
I always seem to get ganged up on when I mention it.
Old 09 May 2013, 01:54 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Whilst forced abortions maybe a step too far it should be that way for everyone IMO. If you can't afford them don't have them and don't expect the f**king state to pay for them either!
Old 09 May 2013, 02:20 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I'm sure she'll get shot down for those comments but of course nature designed many women to be able to have babies when they get to about 13-14. And if a 16 year old gets a 15 year old pregnant society turns a blind eye.

I don't support her views myself btw, just making a comment

dl
Old 09 May 2013, 02:30 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Whilst forced abortions maybe a step too far it should be that way for everyone IMO. If you can't afford them don't have them and don't expect the f**king state to pay for them either!

I don't think forced abortion is a step to far when social services are taking kids off parents every day that cannot look after children properly when you know a 13/14 year old can't either!

If you can't feed em don't breed em! Ok if mummy and daddy of said 13 year old wants to pay for it then go ahead just don't expect the state to pay for their ignorance if not!
Old 09 May 2013, 04:45 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Tone

I have a daughter, that's enough.

I do however agree that each case needs to be looked at individually. These "celebs" could have slept with a 15 year old one day away from 16 and been 16 themselves .. no one give the detail, just calls it rape.

I don't think forced abortion is a step to far when social services are taking kids off parents every day that cannot look after children properly when you know a 13/14 year old can't either!

If you can't feed em don't breed em! Ok if mummy and daddy of said 13 year old wants to pay for it then go ahead just don't expect the state to pay for their ignorance if not!
I'm not against abortion, but forced ..
Old 09 May 2013, 04:56 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Before I go any further, I would like to state that I am definately NOT a nonce.

However, the age of consent is a bloody farce anyway. What right does a lawyer or judge have to decide when a child is or is not ready for sex? Who decided on sixteen? Its an arbitrary number that has no real meaning....why is girl A 2 days before her sixteenth not ready, yet girl B 2 days after her birthday is ready? Why is a Spanish 14YO girl ready, yet a British one isnt?
The only person who can really make this decision is the child themselves. This is where the problem lies though.....sex education is too little too late in UK. Kids have no idea about the real consequences of sex. I remember sex ed at school.....we were teenagers at the time and given a one hour lecture that supposedly covered absolutely everything we might ever need to know. I was already having regular sex with my girlfriend by then!
The other problem is how do you stop older people persuading gullible kids into the act? This can not be easily policed, hence the current age of consent laws.....over 16 ok, under 16 bad - no thought or investigation is required into circumstances around the couple.

UK doesnt need a change in the age of consent laws, it really needs better sex education from an early age and an end to the attitude of getting knocked up from an early age being a state-sponsored career.
Old 09 May 2013, 05:02 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
If you can't afford them don't have them and don't expect the f**king state to pay for them either!
Totally agree, having kids is a choice you make between you and your other half. If you can't afford them don't have them.
Old 09 May 2013, 06:30 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Tone

My daughter is 14 and I wouldn't be too happy about it, one of her friends had a 17 year old boyfriend when she was 13 and I thought that was perverted never mind allowing old men to trap them.
Old 09 May 2013, 06:47 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Always a tricky one and often depends on the circumstances but 13 just sounds wrong. Age gap should be taken into consideration.
Old 09 May 2013, 07:04 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if physiologically capable, a 13 year old cannot raise a child, therefore it should not be the age of consent.
Old 09 May 2013, 07:52 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

You all need to listen to the play back of the guy on three counties radio this morning... He was 56 and saying that the bible says Mary (jesuses mum) was 11 or 12 when she slutted herself out and therefore if the bible says it then it should be ok to do.

He was then saying he would have sex with a 12 yr old BUT only once they were married and with her parents concent. I understood what he was saying about sex ONCE married but why would you want to marry a 12yr old.

The woman will have to stand down and do a public apology.

She is a retard that clearly fancies kids the sick ****.
I can't believe Spain has a sex age of 13!

I have to agree with David in that:

It IS sick for a 56yr old man to climb in a 14yr old girl but if a girl is 14 and in a loving relationship with her 15yr old Boy friend and they are having sensible sex yes it is rape but how do you stop it?

IF sex is educated at a younger age so that sex after marriage, how you should only have it when in love it it may not stop what is already happening but more protection would be used.

I don't have kids and first had sex at 15. I know when I have kids I will tell them they can have it at 18. Funny how the rules are different for the parent.

Last edited by RobsyUK; 09 May 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09 May 2013, 08:19 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So my 16 year old girlfriend was raping me a couple of times a week for about 4 months when I was 15.

I'm distraught, umm maybe she's worth a few quid
Old 09 May 2013, 08:38 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

I think children should be taken from 12/13/14 year old mothers anyway.
Old 09 May 2013, 09:49 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think 16 is too old for age of consent, when i was at school most of us were sexually active by 14 anyway. i started young, when i was 7 i fingered an 8 year old . when i was at school, i got caught i fingering an 11 year old behind the bike shed, but i got the sack for that

13 sounds too young though and if it was 14, then the age gap should be a factor too
Old 10 May 2013, 08:22 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
So my 16 year old girlfriend was raping me a couple of times a week for about 4 months when I was 15.

I'm distraught, umm maybe she's worth a few quid

Originally Posted by boozydave
i think 16 is too old for age of consent, when i was at school most of us were sexually active by 14 anyway. i started young, when i was 7 i fingered an 8 year old . when i was at school, i got caught i fingering an 11 year old behind the bike shed, but i got the sack for that

13 sounds too young though and if it was 14, then the age gap should be a factor too
Dude, didn't you go to an all boys school ?.... oooh .. eeewwww
Old 10 May 2013, 10:49 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

IIRC it only becomes rape if a 12 year old has sex irrespective of whether she consented or not. dl
Old 10 May 2013, 11:32 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
Before I go any further, I would like to state that I am definately NOT a nonce.

However, the age of consent is a bloody farce anyway. What right does a lawyer or judge have to decide when a child is or is not ready for sex? Who decided on sixteen? Its an arbitrary number that has no real meaning....why is girl A 2 days before her sixteenth not ready, yet girl B 2 days after her birthday is ready? Why is a Spanish 14YO girl ready, yet a British one isnt?
The only person who can really make this decision is the child themselves. This is where the problem lies though.....sex education is too little too late in UK. Kids have no idea about the real consequences of sex. I remember sex ed at school.....we were teenagers at the time and given a one hour lecture that supposedly covered absolutely everything we might ever need to know. I was already having regular sex with my girlfriend by then!
The other problem is how do you stop older people persuading gullible kids into the act? This can not be easily policed, hence the current age of consent laws.....over 16 ok, under 16 bad - no thought or investigation is required into circumstances around the couple.

UK doesnt need a change in the age of consent laws, it really needs better sex education from an early age and an end to the attitude of getting knocked up from an early age being a state-sponsored career.
Agree. Some of the most liberal and sexually open societies around the world have lower abortion and underage pregnancy rates than the UK.

The state seems to favour the young knocked up over the hard working taxpayer. It almost seems to be a badge of honour to have Keishachantellajay/Dredawgjunior hanging off your hip whilst dragging on a *** outside the comprehensive school gates at lunch break, just before your 20 year old boyfriend turns up in his corsa to take him to him/her to their step mother.

And breath.

The age of consent is not being policed now, so lower it and people will push the limit even more FFS. There will be 10 year olds getting knocked up next!

Anyone remember the Sun's countdown to Charlote Church's 16th ?

Or if your a Mail reader how's about this then:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...me%5Eheadlines
Old 10 May 2013, 01:43 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think they should raise the age of consent to 65 for immigrants .
Old 10 May 2013, 01:50 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Until society stops rewarding yong people for having children ,in the form of this payment and that benefit, and starts giving practical advice and education on sex and its consequences, this will continue to be the norm. But it must start early and not when the horse has bolted ,so to speak.
Old 10 May 2013, 07:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Always makes me wonder about people when they make such recommendations!

Les
Old 10 May 2013, 07:50 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

At what point in the pregnancy would you still hold to 'forced abortions'?

Good god, go live in China if you think that is what the state should be doing
Old 11 May 2013, 02:49 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Martin2005
At what point in the pregnancy would you still hold to 'forced abortions'?

Good god, go live in China if you think that is what the state should be doing
Hopefully the threat of it should be enough to stop kid using it as a career choice, if you cannot look after yourself it's common sense they can't fund a child of their own, so why should we the tax payer fund active dole robbers!

Are you that blinkered that you can't see the reason the kids are having kids is that we fund and provide the choice in the 1st place!

If the government provided no financial help this would not be an issue, mums and dads/carers of these kids would march them down to the nearest hospital for an abortion if you think differently you are sadly mistaken.

We have social workers come in with their cars telling me stories of estates where the majority of girls that live there want to have their second child by 19 to secure a proper house and set them up for life thus needing to be pregnant at 15!

They are doing their damnedest to get pregnant no matter what the implications as its an easy way out, this is where my problem lies, I'm all for providing help to the needy but handing out money and accommodation for down right ignorance really pisses me off!

Be an ignorant slag and get a free flat! Do it again and get even more whoop whoop!!

I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't being taxed to breaking point to pay for it!!!!

Last edited by specialx; 11 May 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 16 May 2013, 02:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Surely the recommendation to lower the age of consent is purely to allow perverts to have a wider range for their disgraceful activities without any chance of prosecution and even perhaps to ease pressure on the courts with no regard for the safety of young people.

I think it is a shameful recommendation and that woman should be heavily criticised.

We have enough moral depravity in this country without such positive pronouncements to make it even worse.

Les
Old 16 May 2013, 02:37 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie
Surely the recommendation to lower the age of consent is purely to allow perverts to have a wider range for their disgraceful activities without any chance of prosecution and even perhaps to ease pressure on the courts with no regard for the safety of young people.

I think it is a shameful recommendation and that woman should be heavily criticised.

We have enough moral depravity in this country without such positive pronouncements to make it even worse.

Les
+1.SJ.