Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rave review, Elation Last night!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2002, 04:20 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Absolutly the best night yet down at the electrowerks from the Elation boys.
The main problem I had was running late for the train which made me miss my usual trip to the offie. this meant that I had to make the trip to to london completly ******* sober However two cans of lager for the tube were bought at waterloo so I was well on the way once I had got on the northern line.
When I got to the Angel I was greeted by Dan Desire who immediatly slapped a dog turd in my hand. erm, thanks Dan. Needed that. A small trip to the kebab shop to fill up later ( with extra botulism please) and a few more drinks, Me, Ravegirl, Desire an a few others who escape me now made our way to the venue.
We heard the tunes start up in the queue. quality breakbeats were rolling out past the walls. So much for me being sick of breaks after FD eh?
The queue moved fairly swiftly and not long after we were in.
I was a little concerned that what with room two being in the chillout area that we'd have to scream to make ourselves heard, but somone had done their homework and tuned the sound to make it audiable but not overbearing. Zero crossover of sound from one room to the other too. It was nice to come out of the main room into the chill out and the tunes drop 30 or so bpm, automatically winding you down.
Amazing sets too. Hixxy dropped a blinder and Storm was on form on the night too. Most people know me as not Storms biggest fan, but credit where credit is due, he really earned his money last night.
Vinaltrixta also put in the effort for his classics set. Nice tunage had the crowd going crazy.
The main difference this time around was that the usually inseperable Ponder & HB didnt go back to back like they normally do. HB teamed up with Lukozade and Ponder went head to head with Uplift. I didnt think it would work but it made a refreshing change and the different mix of tunes from two wholly different DJs and the usual Elation boys got me going good enough.
Also have to Big Up Tom U4EA for his set one hour in too. I cant remember one thing about it but I know it was doing it.
The Best thing of the night had to be those bubble machines. I love those bubble machines. They seemed to fill the place with bubbles for the whole night. It was just a pity the projector they had lined up didnt work cos they usually put some weird freaky **** on the wall for me to stare at for hours on end
Also big up that guy with those streamers next to the bogs. Its always nice for a simple trip to the toilet should be transformed into a game of skill and judgement which seperates happily taking a **** to taking a smack round the bonce with a tennis ball
As the night approached the end I noticed that Ting was brocking out in the hardcore room. Rick ( I think it was Rick not sure though ) came up to me and told her about her sets and how she always plays as fast as possible. I was in the main room a little later on and Rick grabbed me and bundled me out into the second room and lo and behold she was playing full on hardcore. Grob Le frog, Snow and a few of the others were having a bit of a brock so I joined in for a bit.
Yeah it was a good night out that one. Its just a pity theres not going to be another one till the end of summer. The only other gripe I have is a couple of displays of behaviour I thought I wouldnt see from a hardcore crowd. Namely starting on a bloke who for reasons I wont go into cant defend himself and someone telling a newish addition to the board to **** off and pushing him away. I wont name names, you know who you are. Try to remember what the R in PLUR stands for though eh?
astraboy.
Shouts to: all the elation boys, Davespice, Dan Desire, Sweetstar, Ravegirl, MC wildcard (WAKE UP MATE!), Grob Le Frog, Caine, Snow, Rick, Offit Moffit, Delusion, Jensta, Hattrix, Cris-e, Han-e,,,,,,aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh its a real effort to remember anyone else. as soon as I get the violent flashbacks I'll post up the results.
Right. Sleep.
zzzzzzzzzz....
edited cos i need me bed

[Edited by astraboy - 5/19/2002 4:22:58 PM]