Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Veruca

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2013, 09:09 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Veruca

Well after 2 hours 14 injections and 10 stitches my verruca was surgically butchered out of my Foot.

All I can say is over the counter stuff is ****, I tried every trick in the book, but had it for 3 years.

Advice to anybody, unless its near your toe and not in any padded area, there isn't a lot that works, but if its deep in the heel or Panda Pad on ya foot Gluck. 3 years this MF annoyed me.

Anyone had 1 longer ? or still have one, and spend time digging scraping to no avail ?

The local is just wearing off now and I wanna itch it under the 4 inch thick bandage ive got, I bet tonight's gonna be fun.

Good thing is I can milk it Been laid in bed all day, and cant put weight on it til Monday.
Old 12 January 2013, 09:27 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flippin eck mate that sounds more embedded than a 1,000 year old oak tree.

Glad it's out & hope you recover quickly!
Old 12 January 2013, 09:31 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

thanks Tony, was just a pain cos soon as I started trying to file prod dig, with work shoes, leather soles. it was like walking on a small pebble
Old 12 January 2013, 09:32 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Same here mate , a while ago had one for ages and i just blitzed it with a ton of counter stuff , but took longer than the stated "2 weeks"

Also had the tiniest wart on my finger and caught it early , it was still there months later. I was using proper prescribed stuff for a thing on my elbow that was toxic stuff , stung like a mothertrucker . (im not a freak , i just went through a spell)

I think my problem was just when it looked ok i picked the hard top off and stopped using the gel , and a week later it was back. Did that a few times until i realised you just need to keep at it until its burt the heck out of it !

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 12 January 2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 13 January 2013, 12:20 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The HPV virus that causes it is a brilliant bit of kit as for the most part it infects you and causes a wart...lives for years on you without killing you so an evolutionary winner.

Also implicated in Cervical cancer so hence the immunisation program for free in the UK for giirls..

Also implicated in agressive oral / pharyngeal cancer so I have paid a shed load of money to vaccinate number one son......

Shaun

Last edited by Midlife......; 13 January 2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 13 January 2013, 12:34 AM
jef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ignoring midlifes post as its abit OVER MY HEAD, i always really thought a veruca was a childhood thing, and a cream would do the job - but still maybe a bit of pain - totally and utterly wrong then i presume?
Old 13 January 2013, 01:20 AM
Ian
Scooby Regular

i have one that is on the panda pad for around 9-10 years now. i have tried most things you can get from boots etc over the years. the gels, the sub zero freeze stuff. i think i even tried some gaffer tape lol tried cutting it out my self (bleeds like a ****) but nothing works, so have just got on and live with it.

i suppose it might be worth a trip to the docs?

Trending Topics

Old 13 January 2013, 01:28 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a cluster of them on my foot when I was a young child (around 1967). It was so painful I could only walk on the side of the foot. I suffered this for about a year before anyone noticed something wasn't right with me.
I remember the treatment well. I had to put some prescription fluid on it every day as often as I could. It numbed the area and dried the skin. Every three days meant a trip to the doctor where he used a scalpel to slice off the surface. This lasted two months before it was gone and thankfully never returned.
I remember being excused PE at school, I enjoyed that part.
Old 13 January 2013, 08:26 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scunnered
I had a cluster of them on my foot when I was a young child (around 1967). It was so painful I could only walk on the side of the foot. I suffered this for about a year before anyone noticed something wasn't right with me.
I remember the treatment well. I had to put some prescription fluid on it every day as often as I could. It numbed the area and dried the skin. Every three days meant a trip to the doctor where he used a scalpel to slice off the surface. This lasted two months before it was gone and thankfully never returned.
I remember being excused PE at school, I enjoyed that part.
Yes, reminds me of virtually the same experience I had during a the 1980's. A clear fluid that dried the skin and turned/stained it brown. Then a nurse hacking away at it with a razor blade until it bled! Continue for a couple of months and the f**ker was defeated.
Old 13 January 2013, 08:55 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
The HPV virus that causes it is a brilliant bit of kit as for the most part it infects you and causes a wart...lives for years on you without killing you so an evolutionary winner.

Also implicated in Cervical cancer so hence the immunisation program for free in the UK for giirls..

Also implicated in agressive oral / pharyngeal cancer for boys who indulge in oral sex so I have paid a shed load of money to vaccinate number one son......

Shaun
Shaun, would rephrase that last sentence.....

I had quite a few pop up, tried all sorts but they went on their own, also had the genital variety, not fun, having your **** look like a cauliflower !
Old 13 January 2013, 09:31 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian
i have one that is on the panda pad for around 9-10 years now. i have tried most things you can get from boots etc over the years. the gels, the sub zero freeze stuff. i think i even tried some gaffer tape lol tried cutting it out my self (bleeds like a ****) but nothing works, so have just got on and live with it.

i suppose it might be worth a trip to the docs?
have you tried using a Dremmel

pretty useful for this kind of self surgery (and some light dentistry too)

defeated a Veruca this way in the past
Old 13 January 2013, 09:49 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

What you all need to be mindful of is as we all do hacking at it first, the foot is a very vascular area, ie blood pisses out.

A verucca only grows on the skin it won't grow on in your fat, but digging to fat level ESP on your panda pads , it very painful, and more often than not yoU just aggravate it and the next day walking become an issue

Ian in response to yours yes try them, but even the doctor was a waste of space, he had a ledger bottle of the over the counter sub zero crap called histo freeze same stuff just a big bottle , only the foot clinics or hospital will use nitrogen. My foot surgeon has been doing it for 20 years and as said above the Hpv virus may come back on my foot, but he cut a fair big lump around it to try stop that.

This morning my foots throbbing.

When they had done me they wrapped my foot up with about 3 inch of wadding and also gave me more wadding and a sheet for the car seat, as its very common for you to bleed ****loads , imagine soaking 3 inch of wadding, I'd panic. But luckily I'm ok not much blood just throbs like hell.

Ian the best treatment I found was gaffer tape as this softens the tissue making it easier to walk, then just chip away at the skin, but as its where it is its painful, so I'd had enough.

Ask your doc to refer you one he's tried all his ****, I did try alderra cream which is a prescribed genital wart cream, but didn't work either.

Last edited by Littleted; 13 January 2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 13 January 2013, 04:54 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

We need pics of the crator in your foot...
Old 13 January 2013, 06:40 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

lol can even see it yet too heavily bandaged
Old 13 January 2013, 08:27 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I had for a while tried all the counter stuff and the DIY freezes did nothing , it eventually went on its own
Old 16 January 2013, 09:59 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I've had one for ages, actually think it may be two but very close to each other. Never tried to get rid of it as it doesn't cause much bother. Seems like they will just go eventually.