davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother and his son do Brisca F2 stock cars
Old 24 December 2012, 03:00 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Yep, I have done a few formulas. I live just over the back of Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich so was right handy

I have had a go at a few formulas - Rookie Bangers (for a laugh), Stock Rods (probably the best time I had as had a very competitive car so several wins & not silly money ), Lightning Rods (too much Damage) and finally 2.0L Hot Rods (can mean lots of money!!!).

With the 2.0L's it didn't help much that I got stitched up with the car I brought so spent several meetings trying to sort the problem which turned out to be a crack in one of the bores!!. If thinking of going into these prepare to spend some money. It's been a few years since I have done any racing as got fed up with it in the end. At the time tyres were about £80 a corner, wheels about the same, fibre glass bumpers £80 ish each, shocks £100 ish a corner............ few laps and some tw@t cant get passed so decides to fire you off into the concrete wall, result = few hundred quid repair bill.

Promoters (Spedeworth at Ipswich) have their "favourites" so some get away with dirty driving and dont get me started on some of the cheating *******!!

If I started racing again, I would go the long track route for what the 2.0L's cost.

Some people I know went from the 2.0L's to the Nationals and they seemed to think the actual running costs were not really much more than the 2.0L's due to better driving standards etc and they are actually regulated by another organisation. Although you would be looking at £20k + for a competitive car there!! You wouldn't want to smash one of those up too often!!

Last edited by stiscooby; 24 December 2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 24 December 2012, 06:19 PM
philS scooby
Scooby Regular

Yeh mate, I've just built a new nova for next season for my local club but I'm on with my 2.0 hotrod or national which way I want to go I don't know I think 2.0 hotrods got a corsa c shell ready for the cut, or a full fibreglass 206 shell, mite just use the fibreglass shell for hill climb