Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Andrew Mitchell framed by police??

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2012, 07:30 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Andrew Mitchell framed by police??

This looks really messy. I always felt it was inappropriate when I heard a senior policeman calling for him to resign. Not the job of a senior police officer imho.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-8424603.html
Old 19 December 2012, 07:39 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Excellent news to hear we can't trust our Police.

Wonder how the public calling for his blood will react to this ..
Old 19 December 2012, 09:23 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to wonder really. If it is so easy to frame a politician, then what hope does the public have?
Old 19 December 2012, 09:29 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

The email certainly needs looking into, as does the role of the police federation. But let's not forget, Mitchell admitted he said things, and issued an apology. I'm not sure it counts as being framed if you stand up and admit it.

Last edited by PeteBrant; 19 December 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 19 December 2012, 09:45 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Who are the biggest liars?

a) the police
b) the politicians
c) the press
d) all of the above

Answer: d)
Old 19 December 2012, 09:55 AM
Twin Fields
Scooby Regular

I've been on the receiving end of Police Officers "corroborating" each others evidence.

It'll be good to see these officers get their comeuppance!
Old 19 December 2012, 10:04 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
The email certainly needs looking into, as does the role of the police federation. But let's not forget, Mitchell admitted he said things, and issued an apology. I'm not sure it counts as being framed if you stand up and admit it.
He "said things" - I like it.
I think this one is more about "things" a "member of the public" said.
ps I think you missed a trick when you forgot to blame Thatcher for politicising the Police.

Trending Topics

Old 19 December 2012, 10:05 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

He admitted he swore, but never called them names.
Old 19 December 2012, 10:08 AM
Twin Fields
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drb5
He admitted he swore, but never called them names.
Would anyone out there really be offended by being called " a Pleb"?
Old 19 December 2012, 11:13 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Fiddling with little boys or your expenses is a sackable offence.

Swearing at an officious cop is not.

dl
Old 19 December 2012, 03:01 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Twin Fields
You seem to forget what a sensitive species the modern copper has become.
He reads he Guardian and swears by the BBC.
This ain't an episode of the Sweeney mate - so get yer knickers on and make us a cuppa tea!
Old 19 December 2012, 03:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Yes he admitted being annoyed and making a mountain out of a molehill at the time, but he denies using the names that he was blamed for.

If he has indeed been framed by a copper, that is really serious and I hope it is all sorted with the truth of what actually happened.

Les
Old 19 December 2012, 03:38 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Mister Lewis might want to rethink a few of his comments previously

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...n-walking.html
Old 19 December 2012, 04:12 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know much about this, but weren't there two statements from police against him in any case (ie the 2 on the gate)

And this 3rd one is just an e-mail, not a statement

And was he not sacked for lying to the conservative party we he claimed nothing had happened.
Old 19 December 2012, 05:26 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
I don't know much about this, but weren't there two statements from police against him in any case (ie the 2 on the gate)

And was he not sacked for lying to the conservative party we he claimed nothing had happened.
Probably a case of the same statement by all three of them
Old 19 December 2012, 07:37 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

The point is that the E-Mail had appeared to corroborate the Officers notebooks. The Email has been shown to be be complete hogwash created by a policeman. The officer's notebooks also appear to differ to the CCTV footage. The notebooks and email were very similar. The official record was also leaked to the press.

The conclusion that the officers' accounts in the notebook and the email were "embellished" together by the officers with the aim of leaking to make trouble is hard to resist.

He admitted swearing but has always denied the other statements.
Old 19 December 2012, 08:41 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by Felix.

Watch yesterdays ch4 news on catchup. I'm not suggesting that it is the correct account, but, the cctv footage covering the pavement doesn't tally with the officers statements about shocked members of the public. The recording of Mitchell meeting the police federation who then claim publicly after the meeting that Mitchell didn't give them a full account (appears he did and was thanked for his candid account) of what happened and that he should consider his position. Even without the shenanigans of the mystery member of the public witnessing it all things don't look good.

Coming on the back of the court quashing the original Hillsborough inquest verdicts today it's not been a good day for the police, and it looks as though things will get much worse on both counts for them.

I hope both cases are investigated with as much vigour, zeal and resource as the police seem to think phone hacking belatedly deserved, even the questionable Savile investigation along with allegations of 'assault' against people going back 30 years or more.

What for the rest of us who don't have the services of Michael Crick who have to stand up in court against a load of old made up rubbish.

We're all been taken for a ride by the govt, press and police who seem to be in the process of knifing each other after years of giving each other reach arounds. Meanwhile us plebs are treated to daily contempt.

Last edited by scoobynutta555; 19 December 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 19 December 2012, 08:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattstant
Mister Lewis might want to rethink a few of his comments previously

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...n-walking.html
I stand by what I said ......... which was ........

"The Tories have shown themselves to be out of touch completely .... Mitchell shows the side of being a rich snob Tory which they try to hide - here it is laid bare!!

They (Tories) think we are all plebs ..... yes, YOU, who stupidly voted for them!!

Rich boyz - not done a days work in their rich lives - walking around expecting everyone to bow down .........

Two words - SACK HIM!!!"

Now, he walked instead of being sacked .... because he was as guilty as hell .... he still remains a stuck-up rich Tory - with stuck-up rich Tory values and attitudes!!

That, in a nutshell, is to stuff the working man at the expense of the rich ... always is, always has been and will always be forever.

That said, if the Police are found to be colluding then they should be sacked forthwith.
Old 19 December 2012, 11:25 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

A self-important imbecile speaks:

Originally Posted by pslewis

"The Tories have shown themselves to be out of touch completely .... Mitchell shows the side of being a rich snob Tory which they try to hide - here it is laid bare!!

They (Tories) think we are all plebs ..... yes, YOU, who stupidly voted for them!!

Rich boyz - not done a days work in their rich lives - walking around expecting everyone to bow down .........

Two words - SACK HIM!!!"

Now, he walked instead of being sacked .... because he was as guilty as hell .... he still remains a stuck-up rich Tory - with stuck-up rich Tory values and attitudes!!

That, in a nutshell, is to stuff the working man at the expense of the rich ... always is, always has been and will always be forever.

That said, if the Police are found to be colluding then they should be sacked forthwith.
Old 20 December 2012, 01:02 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Twin Fields
Old 20 December 2012, 02:26 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Two words - SACK HIM!!!"

You stupidly assume i voted for them
Billy liar on the other hand i did stupidly vote for back in 1997 and look how low he has sunk now

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...air-kazakhstan
Old 20 December 2012, 03:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

How much do you think Billy Boy has in the bank though?

Les
Old 20 December 2012, 03:49 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Leslie
How much do you think Billy Boy has in the bank though?

Les
Funny should ask Les 13million dollars and counting as this is just one filthy grubby little job he has done

As one astonished and disgusted former supporter put it: "If you want to know what price a great man will sell his legacy for, it's $13m." According to the Financial Times, that is the sum that President Nursultan Nazarbayev has paid for Blair's services. His old gang is along for the ride and eager to see what an oil-rich dictatorship, which shoots strikers, burns the offices of opposition parties and kills their leaders, can offer
Old 20 December 2012, 08:35 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattstant
Funny should ask Les 13million dollars and counting as this is just one filthy grubby little job he has done

As one astonished and disgusted former supporter put it: "If you want to know what price a great man will sell his legacy for, it's $13m." According to the Financial Times, that is the sum that President Nursultan Nazarbayev has paid for Blair's services. His old gang is along for the ride and eager to see what an oil-rich dictatorship, which shoots strikers, burns the offices of opposition parties and kills their leaders, can offer
His Wallace and Grommet wife is reeling in the coin defending the immigrants curtesy of you and me via legal aid.
Old 22 December 2012, 01:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Two words - SACK HIM!!!"

The only worthwhile part of that post is the last line.

Les
Old 10 January 2014, 06:03 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My goodness, this doesn't do anything for the police

- and/or much more serious
Old 11 January 2014, 02:41 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

OK so a copper said he witnessed what happened but now he says he lied. Silly bugger going to lose his job, pension and his future destroyed probably with a stretch inside.

Now everyone is saying Mitchell is exonerated. But as I see it it just reverts to the original question of what was said on the day at the gate?

I happen to be on Mitchell's side btw.

dl
Old 11 January 2014, 02:54 PM
Scrappy9
Scooby Regular

I doubt what was actually said by Mitchell will ever really be known except by those that were there.

But the performance of various police officers has been so bad, the balance of probabilities seem to me to favour Mitchell being the most truthful.

The sooner all police officers have to carry cameras and recording equipment the better in my opinion, they are appearing ever more untrustworthy.
Old 11 January 2014, 03:10 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

No smoke without fire. I doubt they just decided to frame Mitchell without something beeing said otherwise why him, why not Cameron or any other politician?

My best guess is he talked down to them and they embellished it and it giot out of hand from there.

No sympathy for either side to be frank and very bored with hearing about it!
Old 11 January 2014, 03:16 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
No smoke without fire. I doubt they just decided to frame Mitchell without something beeing said otherwise why him, why not Cameron or any other politician?

My best guess is he talked down to them and they embellished it and it giot out of hand from there.

No sympathy for either side to be frank and very bored with hearing about it!
Of course he talked down to them. Officious little sods telling a senior gov't official what to so.

They were gatekeepers weren't they so open the f,ucking gate. Simples.

dl

Quick Reply: Andrew Mitchell framed by police??