Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Halloween

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2012, 08:00 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Halloween

fkin hate halloween.... all the little **** walking up and down my drive next to my car (families with little kids are fine) its the older 9, 10 ,11 year olds that think there ace with there scream masks on.

infact hallowwen is tomorrow and ive already had to lots of the little tossers knocking on my door tonight..and one had the cheek when my missus said halloween is tomorow' to say to her 'well youve got your f*ckin decorations up havnt you'

i tell you what, if it was me that answered the door to them he would have got a swift kick in the stones no matter how old he was the little p*ick!

Right thats my rant over

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
Old 30 October 2012, 08:12 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by powerwrx
fkin hate halloween.... all the little **** walking up and down my drive next to my car (families with little kids are fine) its the older 9, 10 ,11 year olds that think there ace with there scream masks on.

infact hallowwen is tomorrow and ive already had to lots of the little tossers knocking on my door tonight..and one had the cheek when my missus said halloween is tomorow' to say to her 'well youve got your f*ckin decorations up havnt you'

i tell you what, if it was me that answered the door to them he would have got a swift kick in the stones no matter how old he was the little p*ick!

Right thats my rant over

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
feel the same matey,******* kids begging for sweets-its gonna go 1 of 2 ways this year

1-open the door and when asked "trick or treat" i shall reply "treat" and take the bag of goodies off the spotty little oik and shut the door

2-open the door and when asked "trick or treat" i shall provide them with a treat from my cupboards..................either a spanish onion,a can of tuna or some gravy powder......................that should ensure the little *******s dont come back next year

Old 30 October 2012, 08:28 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Im with ya !

Leave it up to the missus to deal with them , but she is out tonight and of course they come out now . Crafty gits , they just split up and tag-teamed me. 4 in a row 1 min after each other.
Old 30 October 2012, 08:29 PM
mark1esc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guess ive got something to look forward to
Old 30 October 2012, 08:33 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

its all a load of over hyped american bollocks..................no wonder all yankie kids are fat and stupid
Old 30 October 2012, 08:38 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

the thing is... if you say 'trick' to them they either give you a load of **** or they just say 'ok' and walk off..then i spen all evening looking out the window at my car making sure its ok
Old 30 October 2012, 08:38 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Our house looks so amazing that people are coming from all over to see it. If anyone knocks before tomorrow I will give them something if they are young enough,

NOT A JIMMY SAVEL SPECIAL But some mums may not be able to get out tomorrow.
I have 5kilo's of sweets for the little beggers.... last kid will get the rest of the pot.
Old 30 October 2012, 08:41 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

the thing is... if you say 'trick' to them they either give you a load of **** or they just say 'ok' and walk off..then i spen all evening looking out the window at my car making sure its ok
if any of the little *******s touch my motor it will be a treat for me to pile-drive them straight to hell
Old 30 October 2012, 08:45 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

i shall not be answeing the door tomorrow im afraid, i have 2 small buckets of sweets which will sit on my doorstep with a 'please take some' note attached which will either last all evening or about 5 mins depending on who comes.. if they are gone, then they are gone thats it.

utd are on the telly and im not getting up from the sofa to answer the door.. WWWWOOOOOOOWWOOOOOOOOO its HAALLOOOWWEEEENNN, so give me some sweetssss... f0000oookkkkkk ooooooFFFFFF!
Old 30 October 2012, 08:49 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

utd are on the telly and im not getting up from the sofa to answer the door.. WWWWOOOOOOOWWOOOOOOOOO its HAALLOOOWWEEEENNN, so give me some sweetssss... f0000oookkkkkk ooooooFFFFFF!
i might leave a bucket of sweets on the doorstep and hide a bear trap in them......................................trick or treat that you little scrubbers
Old 30 October 2012, 08:55 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

i shall not be answeing the door tomorrow im afraid, i have 2 small buckets of sweets which will sit on my doorstep with a 'please take some' note attached which will either last all evening or about 5 mins depending on who comes.. if they are gone, then they are gone thats it.

Fooookin hell you leave things on the doorstep........even the milkman round here hides the milk
I had a 10 year old maximum knock last year and the cheeky fooooka said 'don't want sweets pal have you got a couple of quid or a few ****'
Ah the little darlings
Might let the dogs do a dump in front of the drive gates tomorrow.....might deter a couple
Old 30 October 2012, 08:57 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Might let the dogs do a dump in front of the drive gates tomorrow.....might deter a couple
might curl one out myself on the driveway,ive got a stomach bug at the min so its like brown apple splatter
Old 30 October 2012, 09:03 PM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta
might curl one out myself on the driveway,ive got a stomach bug at the min so its like brown apple splatter
Old 30 October 2012, 09:05 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I have a tub of Haribos that must be five years old minimum. It contains liquorice and the brown colouring has permeated just about everything around it. My mission is to disperse it by this time tomorrow evening
Old 30 October 2012, 09:24 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Had a kid (suspect he may have been a teen) call at 11.30 on Saturday night. As i had just watched "The Strangers" when loonies terrorise a couple in a house , knocking on all the windows etc. before killing them , i wasnt exactly in the mood to open the door .
Old 30 October 2012, 09:53 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i believe Halloween is now a bigger retail event than Easter
Old 30 October 2012, 09:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I've got a packet of wine gums at home that someone kindly brought me upon visiting me for dinner at mine. Those wine gums will come handy tomorrow night. 30 wine gums should cater for 30 pseudo-frighetening creatures at 1 each. They'll have to do with it.
Old 30 October 2012, 10:25 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Wine gums for a dinner party? I'd have liked to have heard Dave Lamb's thoughts on that...
Old 30 October 2012, 10:55 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Wine gums for a dinner party? I'd have liked to have heard Dave Lamb's thoughts on that...
Well, people usually turn up empty-handed here for dinners, Tel. They don't even offer to wash the dishes at the end, you know. It is beside the point whether I have a dishwasher or not. Not that I expect any of that, but it is a matter of etiquette IMO. That wine gum carrier even knew I'm not into sweets. And what did they do? They got me the worst sweet on this planet. I had to put a false smile on my face, and say- "Thanks, you shouldn't have bothered".

I am obliged to give those horrible sweets away to the little freaks tomorrow night.
Old 30 October 2012, 10:57 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Luckily I'm 2-10 tomorrow so I think I'll bring the car to work to save from the usual ensuing egging ritual
Old 30 October 2012, 11:04 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Well, people usually turn up empty-handed here for dinners, Tel. They don't even offer to wash the dishes at the end, you know. It is beside the point whether I have a dishwasher or not. Not that I expect any of that, but it is a matter of etiquette IMO. That wine gum carrier even knew I'm not into sweets. And what did they do? They got me the worst sweet on this planet. I had to put a false smile on my face, and say- "Thanks, you shouldn't have bothered".

I am obliged to give those horrible sweets away to the little freaks tomorrow night.
if you want to wash dishes at the end of a dinner party, you do it after the guests have left

ultra naff to ask for help or god forbid do it whilst people are still eating/drinking

seriously, no wonder this country is going down the sh1tter

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 30 October 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 30 October 2012, 11:22 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
if you want to wash dishes at the end of a dinner party, you do it after the guests have left

ultra naff to ask for help or god forbid do it whilst people are still eating/drinking

seriously, no wonder this country is going down the sh1tter
WOW! Very deep with the country going down the sh!tter because of that etc.
Old 30 October 2012, 11:48 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

i know, but standards need maintaining, LOL

seriously though – I find it a bit rude if hosts start to wash up during a dinner party
Old 31 October 2012, 01:00 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what always worries me nowadays. So, I simply won't be answering the door and hope anyone that does knock, just thinks we're not in.
Old 31 October 2012, 07:55 AM
Oldun
Scooby Regular

I'll just tie my Great Dane to the garden gate.
Old 31 October 2012, 08:35 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I might hire a doorman for the evening....
Old 31 October 2012, 09:40 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Pick and mix for the little ones with adult supervision, and the fresh batch of toffee onions for anybody giving me aggro.
Old 31 October 2012, 12:51 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
...seriously though – I find it a bit rude if hosts start to wash up during a dinner party

Anyone doing that^ is an uncultured cave-dweller. I agree with you 100%, but
when did I say 'during', huh?

I actually said in my post 19- "They don't even offer to wash the dishes at the end, you know". By that, what I was trying to say that it would be nice if the guests offered some help e.g. wash the dishes at the end out of politeness, even when they know that their good host would decline, anyway.

I do have some good-as-gold friends as my guests. They'd help me after the dinner with the dishes (vice' versa, if I were their guest). I'd actually wash the dishes, but they'd still insist upon drying them and putting them away. Along with doing this task, We'd continue to sip our wine, and chat some interesting stuff. After doing the task, we'd join back the group for our collective convos.

Conclusion: Country is not going to go to the sh!tez because of the guests extending a helping hand to the host.

Now, about Halloween, I wonder if that trick-a-treat sows the seeds of irrationalism in young generation. I mean, it enforces the behaviour- "if you don't give me what I want (something as pathetic as sweets), I am going to egg your car". They don't even think (perhaps they don't know) that eggs are better food than stupid sweets. Now on that, you can say that no wonder the country is going to the sh!tterz.

Personally, I am all for Halloween. My kids, when they were little, had a great time doing this Halloween drama. They never egged anyone’s car after receiving rejection. They simply walked away. I must go out to get more sweets for the little scary things. Bless them.

Last edited by Turbohot; 31 October 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 31 October 2012, 01:50 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

My missus is into it but when the door goes she goes "you go will you", grrr

I like to hide behind the door and open it whilst holding the (quite small) Dog and let him put his head round first so it looks like a small dog with 5 foot legs, the kids love it and to be fair i dotn mind an evening where lots of women come to the door, pity about all the potty goblins in bin bags.
Old 31 October 2012, 02:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
My missus is into it but when the door goes she goes "you go will you", grrr

I like to hide behind the door and open it whilst holding the (quite small) Dog and let him put his head round first so it looks like a small dog with 5 foot legs, the kids love it and to be fair i dotn mind an evening where lots of women come to the door, pity about all the potty goblins in bin bags.

I hide behind the door with a scary mask on, and go 'boo' to them. The ungrateful little shwitz tell me that I don't need a mask to look scary. Barsturds.

Quick Reply: Halloween