Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Proper British Business - Real pleasure to deal with

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2012, 03:23 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper British Business - Real pleasure to deal with

Probably like most, I'm sick of being lied to, bulls**tted to, told one thing, get another type of businesses.

So was my great pleasure to deal with a company called Trampa today. They make mountain boards/wheeled land boards for kite boarding. Those who know me, know I'm into my traction kites etc. Nothing better then being dragged around a field/beach by an overgrown kite.

Anyway, some of my local spot kiteboarders recommended this company for bomb-proof, excellent design and second-to-none customer service, so I thought I would give them a try.

Couple of emails over the weekend and a good chat this morning got me exactly what I needed. I'm quite picky but Ted there was happy to make suggestions, and spec'ed up a board. Lot of it is also based on weight and height and what I want to do with it. Got my order in online an hour ago, thirty minutes later got a call to say it had been dispatched (everything was custom spec'ed, so they must of built it in that time) and I'll get it tomorrow.

Great thing about dealing with Ted is that he laid out all the options, why I might go for one over the other etc. but didn't try to make me take the most expensive parts and even said on a few occasions not to go for the more expensive parts "unless you *know* you will need them" or "you are a pro racer" etc. I.e. gave me all the information so I could make my own informed choice. Real breath of fresh air.

I was unsure on a couple of the parts (mainly on damping) so he has thrown in a set either side and just asked me to return the ones that don't suit. I've never dealt with this company before so I was surprised on that offer.

That is how you run a low volume, premium product, business. Really wish more people were like them.

For those interested I went for this one in the end but different colours on some parts. Lots of CNC and titanium loveliness that I'll no doubt get covered in cow sh*te or seaweed on its first outing: http://www.trampaboards.com/629-p-10534.html

Cheers

Ian
Old 20 August 2012, 04:32 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Friend did this for a while in some London park cos that's where he moved to ( had to give up the windsurfing )
He's into the kite surfing now. - on water, softer landing

This looks fun but I'd want a seat with it!
Old 20 August 2012, 04:48 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you kind of get a seat with it....

If you get into big bar controlled kites, you usually use a seat harness that you clip the kite into, much like you do with a windsurfer/kitesurf. So you do kind of sit down

I want to try kitesurfing next but I need to travel a fair way to do that and it's practice that makes it good so I'll never be good

Kite surfing is already big and will be bigger soon now it has replaced the windsurfing in the Olympics. Crikey, I remember when windsurfing was the next big thing, showing my age now.

Three really great kitesurf vids for interest:

Cheers

Ian