Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Deciphering Mobile Phone deals

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2012, 10:53 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deciphering Mobile Phone deals

Work provide me with a Blackberry and kindly pay all my bills, however Blackberries are crap and they have a puritanical attitude to anything worth having, working in IT with the gadget geeks means I can get a decent phone and get it set up for work stuff so I bought myself a HTC Desire HD.

Anyway, I pay for the wife and kids contracts, the wife is happy with her existing Desire so I migth claim the upgrade and get the latest Android thing, the HTC or the Samsung, dont want an Iphone, have an Ipad, thats enough Apple stuff.

Wife wants to change from 3 to O2 due to coverage when at work so been looking at the deals but it is a bit confusing, all "Effective Monthly Cost" and cashback stuff, I know you have to get the PAC (?) code off the existing provider so can just get the phone and then transfer her number to the new sim, unlock the new phone and put my sim in it, just need some guidance about the deals, looking at spending £30 or so a month, dont need masses of minutes, 300 - 500, bit of data, unlimited texts, just dont want to get fleeced or have to send stuff back for cashback.

And whats the best Droid at the moment, HTC One X or the Samsung Galaxy S3, or are ther any others ?
Old 11 July 2012, 11:54 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

s3 and these do good deals and are a legit business

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...78,All,tt1,ct1
Old 11 July 2012, 02:49 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I used this site when looking for my last phone.

http://www.phoneslimited.co.uk/
Old 11 July 2012, 02:57 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

DONT GET CONTRACT FROM CARPHONE WAREHOUSE ETC !!!!!!!
if you want to be on o2 then go to o2.the 3rd party suppliers that offer cash back/tv/xbox for signing through them are nothing but trouble.the offers they give are not actual tariffs with most of the suppliers but standard tariffs with extras that the 3rd party have to pay for.i have worked for orange in accounts a few years back and loads of people ring up and say i havnt got this/that when the bloke in the shop promised me etc.they are not happy when told they have to go back to shop and get them to contact orange to get extras added.if your wife wants o2 then get pac code from 3 (takes 2 minutes on their systems ) and walk into an o2 shop and look for a deal.
Old 11 July 2012, 09:44 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Buy a sim free s3 stick a giffgaff payg sim in it. 400mins, unlimited texts/data. £15 a month. Job done!

http://www.best-payg-deals.co.uk