I've said it before ....... but now

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2012, 12:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face I've said it before ....... but now

its OFFICIAL!!

A leading poll gives Labour a 10-point lead over the Conservatives – one more than a similar IoS survey last month – and on course to win a 110-seat majority at the next general election.

But the full findings lay bare public concerns about Mr Osborne's "aloof" image, as well as his economic competence, with only one in four people believing that he is leading the country in the right direction.

They inevitably raise questions over his chances of becoming the next Tory leader.

The poll, carried out by ComRes last week, found that 55 per cent of people – including more than a third of those who voted Tory in 2010 – agreed that the Chancellor was "too posh to understand the financial pressures on ordinary people".

Almost six out of 10 said they believed Mr Osborne, a millionaire, was "out of touch with the public".

Just over half of the 2,014 people interviewed agreed that the Chancellor "comes across as arrogant".

Eton Boyz are not leaders, not workers, haven't a clue about the average man in the street and should be BANNED from all forms of high office ........... they are, quite simply, pathetic little public schoolboys with granpas money shoved between their cheeks.
Old 17 June 2012, 01:14 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
its OFFICIAL!!

A leading poll gives Labour a 10-point lead over the Conservatives – one more than a similar IoS survey last month – and on course to win a 110-seat majority at the next general election.

But the full findings lay bare public concerns about Mr Osborne's "aloof" image, as well as his economic competence, with only one in four people believing that he is leading the country in the right direction.

They inevitably raise questions over his chances of becoming the next Tory leader.

The poll, carried out by ComRes last week, found that 55 per cent of people – including more than a third of those who voted Tory in 2010 – agreed that the Chancellor was "too posh to understand the financial pressures on ordinary people".

Almost six out of 10 said they believed Mr Osborne, a millionaire, was "out of touch with the public".

Just over half of the 2,014 people interviewed agreed that the Chancellor "comes across as arrogant".

Eton Boyz are not leaders, not workers, haven't a clue about the average man in the street and should be BANNED from all forms of high office ........... they are, quite simply, pathetic little public schoolboys with granpas money shoved between their cheeks.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Old 17 June 2012, 01:17 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

In fact, all politicians are pathetic. Labour at least are able to pretend that they are closer to the commoners. These tories are so far up their tree that you want to grap their trousers and drag them down to the ground. In this process, if the trousers come off, so be it.

Apparently, Osbourne has had an issue or two with Cameron, and he continues to be competitive with him. I saw some stuff in the early BBC TV prgrammes just after the Tories took over the office. Cameron had to sit the snake on a specific important position so that he stops raising his anti-Cameron head every so often. I find the guy slyer than other current office holder politicians. He does come across as an arrogant twohat, and he is different to the chancellors who were perhaps recruited for their owl-like, bushy looks. His bitterness for Cameron may be responsible for him to make some deliberate ****-ups with the economy to make Cameron look bad. Its possible that Cameron is unconsciously replicating Tony Blair, and Osbourne is unconciously replicating Gordon Brown.

Last edited by Turbohot; 17 June 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 17 June 2012, 01:22 PM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

I'll be voting conservative again next time.
Old 17 June 2012, 01:32 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Makes no difference labour will do no better once in power,its the same merry go round,why have voters not cottoned on over the years between voting for the same old two,labour and conservative nothing will vastly change,might get thrown a few tit bits now and then to keep us on side.
Think its time you stopped wasting your vote on these two,and waste it at least on some party who have yet to have a go

I voted UKIP last time..
Old 17 June 2012, 01:51 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Pathetic Pete, nothing there about policy just the popular 'gut feeling'.
Old 17 June 2012, 04:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saint AAI
I'll be voting conservative again next time.
Same here, and I'm a poor commoner. Living in the dump that is Scunthorpe it's easy to see why labour are in - the benefit scroungers government of choice!
Old 17 June 2012, 05:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You can see that this lot are little boys in a mans world - they look shell-shocked like rabbits in the headlights.

At least Brown and Darling could handle themselves (NOT in that way!) on the world stage ..... Cameron and Osborne just look way out of their depth!
Old 17 June 2012, 05:48 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

That'll be the benefit brigade voting them back in for purely selfish reasons.

All major Labour heartlands are full of scroungers.
Old 17 June 2012, 06:00 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

You can see that this lot are little boys in a mans world - they look shell-shocked like rabbits in the headlights.

At least Brown and Darling could handle themselves (NOT in that way!) on the world stage ..... Cameron and Osborne just look way out of their depth!
Yes brown was brilliant at making an **** of himself on the world stage...
Old 17 June 2012, 06:09 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
That'll be the benefit brigade voting them back in for purely selfish reasons.

All major Labour heartlands are full of scroungers.
Old 17 June 2012, 08:00 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

it was those idiots who allowed us to get into the recession.

it could have been minimised, everyone could see it coming a mile off.
For a long time, we watched immigrants flood the country, house prices getting way beyond people's pay. Labour was running the country at that time.

Fvck Labour.
Old 17 June 2012, 08:50 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

"Everyone could see it coming"?

Yes, maybe the warning signs were there .... but, let me teach you something - the Tories didn't shout that people need credit controls and that house prices were getting too high ....... did they now?
Old 17 June 2012, 09:13 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Did the Labour back benchers ?

Thought not, yet another flawed argument.
Old 17 June 2012, 09:42 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, maybe the warning signs were there .... but, let me teach you something - the Tories didn't shout that people need credit controls and that house prices were getting too high ....... did they now?
Yes the warning signs were there and Labour did nothing and carried on spending until, as Alistair Darling put it, "There's no money left!". Besides Brown would not have listened in any case as he assured us that he saved the world and there there would be no more boom or bust economy. We're all still suffering Labour's legacy when Darling stitched up every hard working man and woman in this country to committing billions of the taxpayer's money to bailing out the Euro. You say this is a man's world so why would you have these two clowns back into running the country, truth is you wouldn't unless the docs have stopped your medication.
Old 17 June 2012, 09:52 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Labour messed it all up Pete.

They got almost nothing right when viewed over 13 years.
Old 17 June 2012, 10:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

On what point, over the 13 years did the Tories vote against the Government and on what subject?

Not on any economic deciding factor .... not on the Iraq war ....... over to you!
Old 17 June 2012, 10:16 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

On what point, over the 13 years did the Tories vote against the Government and on what subject?

Not on any economic deciding factor .... not on the Iraq war ....... over to you!
This is about the Labour government Pete not the impotent opposition (at the time).
Old 17 June 2012, 10:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I repeat:-

"On what point, over the 13 years did the Tories vote against the Government and on what subject?"

Only by you showing everyone where the Tories voted against the government can we attach some credentials to them ...... and it can be proved, therefore, that the Tories would have avoided the worldwide recession.

Over to you, again .......
Old 17 June 2012, 10:31 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I repeat:-

"On what point, over the 13 years did the Tories vote against the Government and on what subject?"

Only by you showing everyone where the Tories voted against the government can we attach some credentials to them ...... and it can be proved, therefore, that the Tories would have avoided the worldwide recession.

Over to you, again .......
Not really Pete. The government is able to dictate the political agenda, it is quite possible that if the Tories had been in power that different legislature might have up for debate and vote. Also the opposition never has all the facts that a government is able to have, since only the government is privy to confidential information and certain minutia/details from direct liaison with the civil service etc.
Old 18 June 2012, 08:35 AM
danos14
Scooby Regular

its OFFICIAL!!

It could be worse, we could have the baffons that ran the counrty in to the ground still in. Labour were always going to do well in the polls given the cuts to public spending we are having. Most of which are very long overdue!
Old 18 June 2012, 03:28 PM
Bargain Bucket
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Not really Pete. The government is able to dictate the political agenda, it is quite possible that if the Tories had been in power that different legislature might have up for debate and vote. Also the opposition never has all the facts that a government is able to have, since only the government is privy to confidential information and certain minutia/details from direct liaison with the civil service etc.
And if the government doesn't have the facts, they can always make some up eh? WMD anyone?
Old 18 June 2012, 05:14 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

This is getting really boring now

You get the feeling that Pete has a real chip on his shoulder about those from a priviliged background as he has to refer to the fact that these MPs may have gone to a posh school and are supposedly out of touch with the rest of the population in every single Tory hating thread that he posts

Personally I think they're doing a reasonable job of sorting out ther legacy (i.e. pile of sh*t) left to the them by NL. If an election was called now they would still get my vote

Perhaps the moderators could send our friend on another extended holiday (please)
Old 18 June 2012, 06:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think thet Turbohot is as close as anyone to the truth of it.

We are very unlucky with the class of person we have as politicians these days. They are fixed only on their own careers and that is far more important than the job they were voted in to do.

The present lot in control are happy to just let things cruise along without bothering to make any real improvement for the country or the people. In that respect they are not all that different to the previous bunch of clowns who dropped us all in the dwang financially.

The present lot either have no imagination ar even worse they have ulterior motives for letting things slide and doing just what they are told by the corrupt plonkers over the water. One wonders what they think they stand to gain eventually by kow towing to the rest of the World leaders and putting the Country's and our own requirements well and truly in the background.

I would have thought they have enough advisors to help them overcome their apparent incompetency.

Les
Old 18 June 2012, 09:02 PM
Onan The Barbarian
Scooby Regular

My two-penneth worth, based on my experiences. The people I know are fairly evenly-split Labour / Tory.

The teachers, civil servants, police, forces personnel and those claiming benefits hate the Tories.

The people who work in the private sector hate Labour.

I think Labour are well-meaning but they don't seem to understand the concept of an empty bank account.
Old 18 June 2012, 09:45 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Onan The Barbarian
My two-penneth worth, based on my experiences. The people I know are fairly evenly-split Labour / Tory.

The teachers, civil servants, police, forces personnel and those claiming benefits hate the Tories.

The people who work in the private sector hate Labour.

I think Labour are well-meaning but they don't seem to understand the concept of an empty bank account.
The worst thing about it is that you have about half the electorate (who work in the public sector) amenable to direct bribery from the government.

It's a wonder Labour got kicked out....they ran out of money to bribe with I suppose.
Old 21 June 2012, 12:19 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Isn't the national debt about £1 Trillion now.

Bit of a trick to find the interest payments on all that!

Les