Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

credit score???

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2012, 07:10 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default credit score???

ive always had a good credit score and been able to get loans at good rates until now. my other half has messed up with the joint account somewhere and it shows up on my equifax credit report as "fair" it says late payment or rescheduled agreement.

to me this seems a tiny blemish on what is otherwise a perfect record, ie no late payments anywhere on the loans ive had yet i now score 347 which is "poor".

is there anything i can do???? i am going to go to the bank but being halifax they are useless and can never deal with any issues, standard answer is " you`ll have to contact head office"

the account isnt really used anymore so i will close it down, will i have to do anything else to disassociate mine and the other halfs finances.

cheers steve
Old 28 May 2012, 07:22 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

If the account was in joint names and shes messed up there is nothing you can do. However you can let the credit reference agencies know she is no longer financially linked to you.

It will just take time to adjust
Old 28 May 2012, 07:28 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Dont waste your money on getting a score from them they dont mean jack ****
Moneysavingexpert will tell you this
Old 28 May 2012, 07:46 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

i didnt pay for it , but they give you an idea of whats going on and it tells me i`m f***ed. if they didnt mean anything i would get credit because of one thing with a joint account shouldnt mean i can now no longer get loans. if they did look at my credit history i would be getting credit cos its perfect
Old 29 May 2012, 12:06 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zs_phil
Dont waste your money on getting a score from them they dont mean jack ****
Moneysavingexpert will tell you this
That is not the case at all.

They are used whenever you apply for credit of any kind. Different companies have different scores that they will lend against. O2 messed mine up a year ago and performed 4 credit searches! That blotted my record and nobody would then lend. Any more than 2 searches in 6 months is viewed as negative. I also moved recently and because I wasn't on the electoral roll, that was another negative against my name. Slowly but surely, all of the above has been sorted and I now have a decent rating again.

As for moneysavingexpert, that Martin Lewis was the same guy that recommended we all fix our mortgages before interest rates tumbled in 2008. Ours was due for renewal so went with his advise.
Ended up costing lots of people, including us, to lose £thousands. He never mentions that does he!
Old 29 May 2012, 12:07 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stedee
i didnt pay for it , but they give you an idea of whats going on and it tells me i`m f***ed. if they didnt mean anything i would get credit because of one thing with a joint account shouldnt mean i can now no longer get loans. if they did look at my credit history i would be getting credit cos its perfect
Doesn't matter. You were a financial associate and that account missed payments. End of.
Old 08 October 2012, 10:01 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vincent_I
Paying attention to your credit score is vital. It seems like every person has bad credit at this time; the economy did a good job of harming most people’s credit scores. There are a ton of people who have no access to credit and no way to help boost their score. But, you can do something to fix your score. There are a lot of available solutions out there.
Get rid of this spammer please mods.
Those same day loan companies are pure scum of the earth praying on the vulnerable and stupid.

Trending Topics

Old 08 October 2012, 02:12 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Gear Head
Get rid of this spammer please mods.
Those same day loan companies are pure scum of the earth praying on the vulnerable and stupid.
Your wish is my command!

Anyone else you want "offed" whilst I'm here?
Old 08 October 2012, 04:10 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Best thing to do mate is talk to all the companies and explain that you are now no longer linked to your partner etc. My credit rating is beyond scary. I checked my account with equifax. Turns out vanquis never updated my credit card score so was at 1 late payment for 3 months even tho theres no balance to be paid

Vodafone gave me 5 late payments so that was all sorted out plus there was a default 5 years ago for £26. T-mobile told me that it was the last payment on my contract so paid that off. My credit rating went from very poor to good within 3 months however credit expert still say im crap. You will get different scores with different companies mate so wouldnt worry myself
Old 08 October 2012, 04:15 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bean1984
Best thing to do mate is talk to all the companies and explain that you are now no longer linked to your partner etc. My credit rating is beyond scary. I checked my account with equifax. Turns out vanquis never updated my credit card score so was at 1 late payment for 3 months even tho theres no balance to be paid

Vodafone gave me 5 late payments so that was all sorted out plus there was a default 5 years ago for £26. T-mobile told me that it was the last payment on my contract so paid that off. My credit rating went from very poor to good within 3 months however credit expert still say im crap. You will get different scores with different companies mate so wouldnt worry myself
Look at the orignal post date!
This was resurrected by some spammer.
Old 08 October 2012, 04:30 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gear Head
Look at the orignal post date!
This was resurrected by some spammer.
Opppsss. Ill go n hide now..... (slowly walks of to the corner whistling) lol