Testing the Market

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2002, 12:26 AM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi !!

This isn't an advert but I just want to check what people think of a new service that I am thinking about launching.

I have the option to lease some telecoms equipment which basically gives me call capacity and lets me offer services such as freephone / local rate / premium rate numbers cheap and / or with no ongoing costs.

Example, currently most providers charge about 5p / min for an 0800 number with rental and connection fees. I'd be able to offer the same for a flat rate of 3.5p / min anytime with no other charges. Other examples include a custom built service where callers are charged premium rate giving you a chance o make money - similar to ringtone order lines and more !

We could offer company voicemail boxes, internet services, 070 'follow-me' numbers, SMS services (text chat, price line where user texts model number to special code and received cheapest five stores with model in stock etc. etc.

I don't want to enter into a year long contract if there's no market for these services - I realise other businesses already offer these but we'd be able to offer it cheaper or even free in some cases. For this reason I just want to seehow many people would be interested in services such as the ones above and others too.

Thanks for your help !!

Just to bring this back on topic - If I can get the service running I'll be able to save up to replace my Sports Impreza even quicker !! I miss Scoobies !!!

Jai
07977 475 935
Old 04 May 2002, 08:46 AM
12LEE
Scooby Regular

check www.0870.co.uk for competitive analysis.

Good luck

Lee.
Old 04 May 2002, 09:36 AM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Question

Seem to loads of people offering this service these days, I guess you need effective advertising.

I'd quite like an 070 follow me number... Can you do free connection? What other charges do I pay?
Old 04 May 2002, 12:47 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Polerbearit - Free connection - and NO other ongoing costs !

Number tries to locate you at three different places before giving up and taking th caller to voicemail.

We will hopefully ave opportunities for re-sellers etc too if you're interested.

Jai