Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very naughty doggie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9160...ed-by-dog.html
Old 22 March 2012, 06:08 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus, what the hell did they shoot it with?
missile?
Old 22 March 2012, 06:12 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol ..

In the dogs defence, some blokes broke into it's house and attacked it's owner .. isn't that the point of having a dog ?
Old 22 March 2012, 06:17 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Thats what my dog's there for anyway,
security and if someone broke in here i know he would be backing me up.
Problem is it was the feds, and they can do what they like.
Here's a pick of my backup.

Old 22 March 2012, 06:27 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Apparently it was in Albert Square, so it's just the Beeb filming EastEnders
Old 22 March 2012, 06:27 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
lol ..

In the dogs defence, some blokes broke into it's house and attacked it's owner .. isn't that the point of having a dog ?
Yeah - I guess these types of dog aren't very good at making moral calls like is my owner a complete moron and are these people officers of the law?
At least that street will be a safer place for the time being.
Old 22 March 2012, 11:18 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by steve ex vauxhall
Thats what my dog's there for anyway,
security and if someone broke in here i know he would be backing me up.
Problem is it was the feds, and they can do what they like.
Here's a pick of my backup.

That is one freaky dog - it has FOUR eyes!!!

mb
Old 22 March 2012, 11:23 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
That is one freaky dog - it has FOUR eyes!!!

mb

dare you say that to its face though???

:l ol1:
Old 22 March 2012, 11:34 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

You do realise a Rottie traditionally isn't bred as a guard dog...its a farm animal!

Spanish Mastiff on the other hand...placid, soppy, docile, daft...until you encroach on its territory or "pack" and then its game over...as they are bred as guard dogs, and they are feckin' huge.

Anyhoo I think the "pit-bull" type claim is just a lame excuse to justify shooting it (it was probably more likely to be a Staffy or other large terrier). The dog was doing what most other dogs would do if its pack was attacked.

Last edited by ALi-B; 22 March 2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 22 March 2012, 11:42 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

It probably "looked" like it was going for a gun
Old 23 March 2012, 01:10 AM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Well another innocent animal pays the ultimate price. At least the fuzz wont forget about it too soon.
Old 23 March 2012, 08:50 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Janspeed
Well another innocent animal pays the ultimate price. At least the fuzz wont forget about it too soon.
Old 23 March 2012, 08:58 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
dare you say that to its face though???

:l ol1:

Lick yo to death ??
Old 23 March 2012, 09:13 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Lick yo to death ??

There's an offer
Old 23 March 2012, 09:28 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

LOL at all the sympathy for the dog.
There are four people hurt in pursuit of their job. The fact that they are police seems to make it ok that they get mauled severely enough that they need hospital treatment for serious injuries.
How would the sympathy vote go if it were a child in the garden looking for a lost ball that received the injuries?
Aaah poor rover

BTW just so it's clear which side of the animal sympathy fence I'm on, here's mine.
Old 23 March 2012, 09:50 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
LOL at all the sympathy for the dog.
There are four people hurt in pursuit of their job. The fact that they are police seems to make it ok that they get mauled severely enough that they need hospital treatment for serious injuries.
How would the sympathy vote go if it were a child in the garden looking for a lost ball that received the injuries?
Aaah poor rover

BTW just so it's clear which side of the animal sympathy fence I'm on, here's mine.

More of an understanding that sympathy. If someone attacked you, I'd hope your dog would defend you ? regardless of who the person is..

Now this dog was clearly unhinged and could very well have attacked a child or someone passing by, so I don't think killing it was a bad move, what I do think was retarded, was the police busting into a house either not knowing it was there, or not being ready for it.
Old 23 March 2012, 10:39 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
The dog was doing what most other dogs would do if its pack was attacked.
Which is the problem.

They are lovely dogs until they are not and they become highly dangerous.

You're not allowed firearms on the street so why are you allowed these dogs?

I don't think most people realise the havoc and damage these dogs can do. They can kill you unless you can leap over a fence or get away.
Old 23 March 2012, 10:41 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

what I do think was retarded, was the police busting into a house either not knowing it was there, or not being ready for it.
Practically that is probably true but then the owners could have had a pet croc or poisonous snake.

Best solutions is just to ban these dogs, especially in urban environments. I'm sick of seeing them about and feeling intimidated by them.
Old 23 March 2012, 10:42 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

More of an understanding that sympathy. If someone attacked you, I'd hope your dog would defend you ? regardless of who the person is..
They arrested him not 'attacked'.
Old 23 March 2012, 11:02 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

what I do think was retarded, was the police busting into a house either not knowing it was there, or not being ready for it.
FFS, You hindsight armchair warrior

There's some of my mates involved in that job, and by the look of things some may have LIFE CHANGING INJURIES, know what that means? Good bye career and perminant injuries all from doing their job.

And how the **** are we supposed to know who or exactly what is waiting for us inside a house, no one will ever know that.

It's nice to see that Cops are going to lock someone up and you're all more bothered about the dog other than the fact that the dog's seriously injured these Police Officers

Im late off a night shift after dealing with some Stellered up Wayne who threw a stressie at his missus and decided to rearrange her face, I'm so sick of the idiotic comments on here when it comes to the Police
Old 23 March 2012, 11:20 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bonehead

There's some of my mates involved in that job, and by the look of things some may have LIFE CHANGING INJURIES, know what that means? Good bye career and perminant injuries all from doing their job.

And how the **** are we supposed to know who or exactly what is waiting for us inside a house, no one will ever know that.

It's nice to see that Cops are going to lock someone up and you're all more bothered about the dog other than the fact that the dog's seriously injured these Police Officers

Im late off a night shift after dealing with some Stellered up Wayne who threw a stressie at his missus and decided to rearrange her face, I'm so sick of the idiotic comments on here when it comes to the Police
Did they not have tazers on hand to tazer it? I watched what vid there was and it is horrific. One cop seems to have got most of the bites whilst everyone jumped out of the way. There was 5? Cops, could they not have clubbed it to death with nightsticks?
Old 23 March 2012, 11:22 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Another reason why citizens should have their legal right to firearms reinstated, and by extension the police.
Old 23 March 2012, 11:26 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dog was a threat and injured several people therefore they shot it, wheres the issue?

Thats the trouble with these people, they break the law and train the dog to be violent. If he wasn't breaking the law the police wouldn't be breaking down the door???
Old 23 March 2012, 11:27 AM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Once again a ******** owns a dog all be it a pitbull and it attacks people. Its the owners not the dogs that are the problem, if these dogs are bred and brought up correctly they are a pleasure to own and be around.
Old 23 March 2012, 11:30 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R1CH D
Once again a ******** owns a dog all be it a pitbull and it attacks people. Its the owners not the dogs that are the problem, if these dogs are bred and brought up correctly they are a pleasure to own and be around.
That's not completely true though is it. They are normally ok, but sometimes they attack for no obvious reason. Then the owners are like "oh they are normally so sweet".

Dogs like this were originally bred to take down wild boars and cattle etc hence why their bite is so strong. They are inherently dangerous.
Old 23 March 2012, 11:37 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bonehead

I think the majority of users support you, Bonehead, there just seems to be an intellectually deficient, but vocal minority. Chin-up and keep up the good work!

Last edited by JTaylor; 23 March 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 23 March 2012, 11:40 AM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Dogs like those are not like they used to be thats correct, people breed people nasty dogs and they shouldn't. This type should be destroyed as soon as that trait comes apparent in them. In the days when they were legal and before the ******** chav look at me with my weapon dog had them they were a different breed all together. What I mean is that these days non of them or very few are actually pure bred in this country and they are mixed with mastiffs and all sorts just to get them bigger and presumably harder. Thats my lot on this matter as I cannot change the way that people think about these dogs even if I spent all day everyday defending them.....

Last edited by R1CH D; 23 March 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 23 March 2012, 11:48 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R1CH D
Its the owners not the dogs that are the problem.
+1
Old 23 March 2012, 11:51 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Did they not have tazers on hand to tazer it? I watched what vid there was and it is horrific. One cop seems to have got most of the bites whilst everyone jumped out of the way. There was 5? Cops, could they not have clubbed it to death with nightsticks?
The MET haven't dished out Tazers as Jenny Jones, Green party mayor nominee, is part of a group who fought against their use.
Funny thing is they're the most effective bit of kit ever issued. Want a nutter to put down his machete and be as friendly as a little puppy in 0.5 seconds?, red dot him with your tazer simples, it works
And equally jenny Jones is quoted in the media asking why wasn't the dog tazered, why did the firearms team have to turn up cause it cost's so much. Clearly the welfare of the injured cops means nowt to that length

But Tazer will only work once before it has to be reloaded which can be fiddly, especially when a pitbull's chewing your arm off.
Trying to a small target thrashing around, no thanks, Id end up taking my colleagues out! Plus what happens when the 5 seconds of shock are over, it not going to give up is it!

The dog had done some nasty injuries to the other cops before the filming began so a few were in quite a mess from what i understand.

Remember folks, all these cop shows on telly that show all the gucci kit that Police have are NOT what it's like on the front line. remember Derbyshire had all their Evo's provided to them by the production team behind Police Interceptors
Just bear that in mind when we try and fight back these savage cuts that the Gov want

Last edited by Bonehead; 23 March 2012 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Very naughty doggie.