Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

GiffGaff

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2012, 07:24 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GiffGaff

Is anyone on here with GiffGaff? I was in the process of moving my phones from Vodafone to GiffGaff, but my first attempt to port a number got caught up in the total outage they had on Friday (burst water main flooded their data centre). I've been without service now since Friday afternoon when Vodafone cut me off, and so far GiffGaff are not covering themselves with glory fixing it - looking like I'll be out until at least Monday.

I'd heard pretty good things about them before, but right now my overwhelming impression is of a complete and utter shambles.
Old 17 March 2012, 07:28 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm with giffgaff, it's technically 02. I'm looking to move though as there 3G isn't as widespread as Three.

Other than that for £10pm no complaints

Last edited by Rob Day; 17 March 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 17 March 2012, 07:54 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried contacting an educator or an agent on their website? I have been with them for nearly 8 months, and apart from having my internet access blocked for downloading 5gb in a day I have had no problems up until Friday.

They ported my number over in around 2 hours.
Old 17 March 2012, 08:16 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The agent has said she's done everything she can and has passed it to the escalations team, but with no indication of when they will actually look at it (and the suspicion is they are 9-5ers).

GiffGaff are trying to claim that all the fall out from Friday's debacle is resolved, but there are several people (me included) still posting about port-in's not having completed. From what I'm reading, it sounds like GiffGaff's port-in process is chaotic and error prone - there were reported bulk problems on 29 December, 3/4/5 January, 29 February and now 16 March. Given that 24 hours is the Ofcom mandated maximum timescale for porting a number, they are technically in breach of their licence, although as I understand it Ofcom won't act unless they persistently miss the target. I shall certainly be phoning Ofcom on Monday to see what they say.

I'm pretty sure I'm going back to Vodafone - I'll call them tomorrow to see if they will still offer me the £10.25 per month SIM only tariff they tried to tempt me with.
Old 17 March 2012, 08:21 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes they posted my number too overnight, I was very pleased with that. I've had a few internet issues, but that's down the various issues with various phone masts, nothing to do with Giffgaff themselves.

The community is good too, and you actual get rewarded with funds for being an active posters etc.

The only downside with most providers is that Three is superseding them in the 3G stakes, and I havent got the time to wait for them to give me 3G on 02/giffgaff so I will be looking at moving in the next few weeks.

The Sim only deal I have is £10pm which is 240min with unlimited texts and internet. Three is similar at £15pm for 300min, 3000 texts and unlimited internet. I have a work phone so Im not too concerned about the lack of mins on either package.

Rob