Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

David Milliband on HardTalk

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2012, 04:59 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default David Milliband on HardTalk

This bloke is a Blair clone . He fails to answer any direct questions and although he is earning a fortune on the speakers circuit he reckons he is not in it for the money ! I think Blair says this as well.
He is apparently the labour member for South Shields , but only has attended parliament for 40 % of the time . That is truly good news for the people of South Shields that elected him to represent them!
Old 01 March 2012, 11:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is Cameron in many ways. He thinks that Billy Liar was the bees knees!

Les
Old 01 March 2012, 12:08 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
So is Cameron in many ways. He thinks that Billy Liar was the bees knees!

Les
Sadly Les it seems to be the way of all modern 'politicians'. Far too interested in their careers instead of the people they are supposed to represent!
Old 01 March 2012, 01:33 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Sadly Les it seems to be the way of all modern 'politicians'. Far too interested in their careers instead of the people they are supposed to represent!
But how do these people get to this position?

If all politicians are just out for themselves - and some quite obviously. How do they get to the position they are in?

I'm from Witney originally and I have no idea how Dave C become MP for Witney. Think it was Douglas Hurd before Dave C.

At what stage do these people turn from fighting "the good fight" to snout in the troth?

I wouldn't have minded getting into politics when I was younger and just try to make a difference.

Unless at some point they get to a certain level and are told the truth and its every man for himself??
Old 02 March 2012, 02:34 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yes I think you are absolutely right. I can still remember when an MP was regarded as a trustworthy person who was in politics to try to better the lot of the people of the country!

Les
Old 02 March 2012, 02:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
But how do these people get to this position?

If all politicians are just out for themselves - and some quite obviously. How do they get to the position they are in?

I'm from Witney originally and I have no idea how Dave C become MP for Witney. Think it was Douglas Hurd before Dave C.

At what stage do these people turn from fighting "the good fight" to snout in the troth?

I wouldn't have minded getting into politics when I was younger and just try to make a difference.

Unless at some point they get to a certain level and are told the truth and its every man for himself??
Its a very good question. These days the political parties seem to be much better at picking what seem to be totally incompetent leaders!

Les
Old 02 March 2012, 04:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yes I think you are absolutely right. I can still remember when an MP was regarded as a trustworthy person who was in politics to try to better the lot of the people of the country!

Les
Are you sure that was EVER the case Les?
There has always been corruption, double dealing and lies.

It's just that these days, the media/internet is better at sniffing it out......