Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

One for all the haters... i've an iPhone 4 problem!

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2012, 04:20 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One for all the haters... i've an iPhone 4 problem!

All the haters will love this but it's just dawned on me that my iPhone 4 doesn't vibrate! I've checked the settings and tapped the corners like mentioned on Google (whilst iBrate's on) but nothing. Has this happened to anyone else on here?

Looks like I might be taking a trip to the Apple store to experience their fantastic customer service
Old 21 February 2012, 04:23 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Never had that issue sorry.
Old 21 February 2012, 04:24 PM
petethemeat
Scooby Regular

You have checked Settings - Sounds and turned the vibrate option on havent you?
Old 21 February 2012, 04:26 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by petethemeat
You have checked Settings - Sounds and turned the vibrate option on havent you?
Lol, yes, it's on for both silent and normal.

Seems quite a common problem on the internet!
Old 21 February 2012, 05:19 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaps
iBrate's on) but nothing. Has this happened to anyone else on here?
ibrate whatever next

Old 22 February 2012, 02:40 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
ibrate whatever next

It's an app mate which makes the phone vibrate constantly, probably to achieve the same outcome as the picture above The advice on other forums says to download it to test the feature on the phone.

Well I phoned Apple and i've an appointment with the technical guys in store tomorrow night
Old 22 February 2012, 03:27 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I gathered that, just a bit of light hearted humour as apple seem to put an "i" in front of everything, which can get a little tedious after a while

but in this case they removed a v
Old 23 February 2012, 08:58 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Well my appointment was at 5.50 today (Meadowhall) He checked my details electronically (didn't even ask for a receipt) and literally looked at the phone for 2/3 seconds before saying 'right, i'll go and get you a new one'. The phone was 10 months old and I got none of this 'take it to a repair centre' crap that I had with my old Nokia or 'we'll send it away for you' like CPW did with another of my phones, I just walked in to their retail store (despite not even buying it from there) and walked out with a new one. Not even the haters can't fault that service!
Now backing up from iTunes, and looking forward to getting the buzz back in my pants
Old 23 February 2012, 10:28 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

That certainly is very impressive CS
Old 23 February 2012, 11:32 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Out of curiosity would you get this level of service if you you get an iPhone as part of a plan from the major carriers or is it for phones bought off the shelf in the Apple store without a contract ? How ling does the warranty last ?
Old 23 February 2012, 11:38 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You must have been holding it wrong
Old 24 February 2012, 05:58 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Out of curiosity would you get this level of service if you you get an iPhone as part of a plan from the major carriers or is it for phones bought off the shelf in the Apple store without a contract ? How ling does the warranty last ?
They do the same with phones from carriers, warranty is 12 months but they have been known to be flexible on this, or at least do repairs or replacements and cheap prices.
Old 24 February 2012, 06:44 AM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I got a problem too with a 4S. Some callers can't get through saying that it tells them the call is restricted.
I havent got any restrictions in place, so dont know whats going on there. The pain in the butt is that some calls I need to come through so doesn't look too good when the phone isn't being answered.
Bit pissed off with it at the moment cause i never had issues with the 3gs before it.
Even today on another note, i tried to phone me missus, kept ringing out then going to answerphone.
When she got back she said she had no calls. It wasnt on mute, there were no notifications of missed calls, but when you unlocked the phone, the app said there were 6 missed calls. wtf??
Old 24 February 2012, 12:14 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
They do the same with phones from carriers, warranty is 12 months but they have been known to be flexible on this, or at least do repairs or replacements and cheap prices.
Cheers, good to know with my renewal coming up in a couple of months
Old 24 February 2012, 01:08 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

It makes no difference who sells you the product, I got it from the O2 shop on one of their 18 month contracts.
The warrenty is 12 months from what appears to be the activation date (which is why I didn't need a receipt).
Old 24 February 2012, 01:12 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AlanG
I got a problem too with a 4S. Some callers can't get through saying that it tells them the call is restricted.
I havent got any restrictions in place, so dont know whats going on there. The pain in the butt is that some calls I need to come through so doesn't look too good when the phone isn't being answered.
Bit pissed off with it at the moment cause i never had issues with the 3gs before it.
Even today on another note, i tried to phone me missus, kept ringing out then going to answerphone.
When she got back she said she had no calls. It wasnt on mute, there were no notifications of missed calls, but when you unlocked the phone, the app said there were 6 missed calls. wtf??
I'd try calling your network provider first to see if it's a problem there?
Old 24 February 2012, 01:13 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
You must have been holding it wrong
Old 24 February 2012, 01:20 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't 'spose you are on Orange are you?? We had exactly this problem after migrating hundreds of business phones off Vodafone to Orange - we moved back about 4 months later - Orange was terrible as buisness provider.... we nearly had a mutiny in our place!
Old 24 February 2012, 07:29 PM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

Is mobile data turned off on that handset?

Neighbour has the same problem, Apple have replaced the phone and it still does the same. I thought it might have been a bug in her backup so set it up as a new phone, but the problem still comes back every few days. Turning Mobile data on and then off again sorts it.
Old 24 February 2012, 11:02 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I'd try calling your network provider first to see if it's a problem there?
I haven't yet,no. This problem has been happening for a couple of weeks now and ironically when i tried to phone the provider yesterday all i got was "beep beep beep" and disconnect..... They've been fine in the past, so don't know what's going there.

Is mobile data turned off on that handset?
No it's turned on.

I had a look on Apple's site and the only thing i could find was to reset the network settings, so i've done that. All i need now are the recipients that can't seem to get through to me to give me a call and see if it works, but that isn't really straightforward.

I'm on the Vodafone network btw.