The Algarve in September

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2012, 09:58 AM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Algarve in September

Morning All

Recently posted about Maderia but also looking at the Algarve as i have never been there before.
Specifically Albufreia, whats it like in September/October. Is that still in Season?. Weather sounds good still around 25 degrees so that will do me fine.
Old 14 February 2012, 10:36 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Check the wind
Old 14 February 2012, 12:56 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

guessing its windy then
Old 14 February 2012, 01:08 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

The Algarve is superb that time of year, usually still quite warm (25C+) but a bit less busy.

Been a couple of times, first to Alvor, lovely little resort with a huge sandy beach and a natural habour. Was with a small group of lads so not the most lively place for us but we could be in Praia De Roche within a few minutes in a cab. Sort of place I'd go back to now with the missus and little'un.

Second time a mate had rented two adjoining villas in Albufreia, only a minutes walk from "the strip". Originally intended for his family to have one villa and his then girlfriend's family (now his wife) to have the other but his partners brother and partner blew them out late on so he had two spaces spare so me and another mate stepped into the breach. Very drunken two weeks ensued Having the villas was great as we could pile back from the bars and lark around in the pool into the early hours of the morning.

Albufereia is very touristy and does attract a lot of typical Brits to the strip area. The nightlife is good though, plenty of it plus many nice places to eat etc. The old town is quieter and very nice.

Had some good days out too, did both the water parks and went sea fishing. Also hired a car for a couple of days sightseeing, some nice places around if you can get out and about. Roads are pretty dodgy mind and the local driving pretty terrible so okay if you are a confident / brave driver.
Old 14 February 2012, 01:30 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Went to Albuferia with my wife a couple of years ago in September. We loved it. Stayed at the Hotel Paraiso or something like that. Was a massive hotel.
We mostly spent time at the old town. Weather was lovely and certainly hot enough for me. I'm sure it still got to nearly 30