Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So called MS phone calls ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2012, 11:58 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So called MS phone calls ??!!

Still getting 3 maybe 4 calls a week from so called Microsoft advising me off all the harmful files on my computer and how they can help me get rid off them all free off charge !!

normally I just put the phone down as soon as I here the words MS but today having a bit spare time I thought I would have some fun !! 20 minutes later I had the poor women who was trying to advise me how to type within the run box pulling her hair out !! she was spelling out every letter I had to type in- she was saying " e " for england and I would reply e-n-g-l-a-n-d, she then said v for victoria- I said victoria for beckham ?? no sir not beckham I said victoria, sounding frustrated she eventually passed me to a " pc technician " who advised me not too worry as he would be able to help me, what can you see on your computer screen I was asked some 23 minutes later ?? a picture off an apple I says, an apple yes says I, you know a round fruit grown from a tree !! by then I had enough and advised him that my computer had the words apple mac written on it and did that help him ??

sorry sir we cannot help you, good bye !!!

anyone else have any fun stories with this shower off scum ??!!
Old 13 February 2012, 12:02 PM
mikeywilliams
Scooby Regular

no stories but i like urs lol
Old 13 February 2012, 12:09 PM
LostUser
Scooby Regular

They've called my Dad about 3 times now. He's not great with computers and knows that I would fix anything that needed fixing.

The 3rd time they called was only last week and he said he called them every name under the sun.

Personally I would drag the call out as long as possible. I imagine it would be a lot liking calling tech support at HP.

Typically

"My computer won't switch on"
"OK, go in to control panel"
"I can't, my PC won't switch on"
"OK, we're going to go in to safe mode"
"No we're not, the computer won't switch on"
"Put the recovery CD in"
"The CD drive won't eject"
"That's strange"
"No it's not, the computer won't switch on."

10 minutes later we managed to get a call logged for an engineer to come out and replace the power supply.
Old 13 February 2012, 12:22 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

I have had a few of these scam calls.
I usually just play them along and pretend I'm following instructions.
When I've had enough I tell them I have recorded the call and their location/number and I will be reporting them to Interpol Cyber Fraud division.
Wow, they hang up really fast

I did tell one guy last week that I had an Apple MAC, and he said "Oh Sir you have just wasted my time"

Last edited by Blue by You; 13 February 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 13 February 2012, 01:25 PM
Fleetster
Scooby Regular

Yeh I get these, i just play along until they get annoyed and hang up.....
they do seem to get very angy lol
Old 13 February 2012, 01:52 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wish i had more time , mate span them out a bit - didnt tell them he didnt have a computer for about 10 minutes
Old 13 February 2012, 02:43 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

I used to get these all the time until I shouted a few choice words down the phone that under normal circumstances would get you into a LOT of trouble, funny thing is I have never had any since

Trending Topics

Old 13 February 2012, 02:47 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Strung them along when they called
Old 13 February 2012, 03:11 PM
mslorach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Still getting 3 maybe 4 calls a week from so called Microsoft advising me off all the harmful files on my computer and how they can help me get rid off them all free off charge !!

normally I just put the phone down as soon as I here the words MS but today having a bit spare time I thought I would have some fun !! 20 minutes later I had the poor women who was trying to advise me how to type within the run box pulling her hair out !! she was spelling out every letter I had to type in- she was saying " e " for england and I would reply e-n-g-l-a-n-d, she then said v for victoria- I said victoria for beckham ?? no sir not beckham I said victoria, sounding frustrated she eventually passed me to a " pc technician " who advised me not too worry as he would be able to help me, what can you see on your computer screen I was asked some 23 minutes later ?? a picture off an apple I says, an apple yes says I, you know a round fruit grown from a tree !! by then I had enough and advised him that my computer had the words apple mac written on it and did that help him ??

sorry sir we cannot help you, good bye !!!

anyone else have any fun stories with this shower off scum ??!!
Great stuff mate There's nothing better than wasting their time, the longer you keep them on the phone the better.
I love winding them up, I had one guy recently end up calling me a motherf**ker and hang up on me, all because I was copying his accent
The best one was last month, my wife answered the phone and passed him on to me, I was in the middle of banjo practice (I'm learning bluegrass banjo) so I went into full "hillbilly" mode and played him some tunes on my banjo while speaking to him like a redneck. He stayed on the phone for 2 badly played songs before giving up and hanging up. I got some of it on video
Old 13 February 2012, 03:30 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

I know Kevin, who eagerly lets the Jehovas Witnesses and any one else into his home, keeps them for hours discussing the merits of their religion, electricity deals, gas deals what ever. They cant wait to get out.
Old 21 February 2012, 10:13 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

If you have an hour and half free, see how to wind up these scammers!!!

Scamming the scammers – catching the virus call centre scammers red-handed

..well worth watching

mb