mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it like crack or crystal meth?
Old 08 February 2012, 08:24 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

No dont do it. You'll be totally dehydrated all the time with a banging headache even though you're drinking a gallon of water a day. If you must take creatine use Monohydrate,far less side effects & cheaper.
Old 08 February 2012, 08:26 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I used it when I was weight training around 4 years ago, it worked for me but a lot of water required, think I drank at least 3 litres a day with ease.
Old 08 February 2012, 08:29 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah i had read about that, ive read that the Monohydrate keeps you bloated with water retention
Old 08 February 2012, 08:31 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

tbh it is good stuff,, while you are taking the loading dose you will need regular watering lol, you will notice a differance in strength very quickly and size will follow,. i would use it again,
Old 08 February 2012, 08:40 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by addi monster
tbh it is good stuff,, while you are taking the loading dose you will need regular watering lol, you will notice a differance in strength very quickly and size will follow,. i would use it again,
is this the monohydrate version your on about

Trending Topics

Old 08 February 2012, 08:49 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
is this the monohydrate version your on about
yes
Old 08 February 2012, 08:52 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dont rate creatine, much better supplements out their that are not solely creatine, i found creatine to be flabby, as its a water retention in effect (in simple terms)

i use a couple of supps, 1 of which is Hurricane XS which does have creatine but also alot of other good stuff, also take a whey protein as well

i would like to eat what the supps give me but i found when i did, i was in the loo more times than i liked and i found what went in just came out more frequent LOL, hence the supps
Old 08 February 2012, 09:46 PM
New_scooby_04

If you do use creatine, go for "creapure" batches only as that is the only form of creatine to have been demonstrated as beneficial by empirical research.

Lots of advertising hype with supplements: some pre-workout products are no better than caffine rich crap that will give you a buzz, but do nothing for muscle recovery and strength gains.

Personally I find it effective, but it is important to maintain hydration and have breaks from it as specified by the manufacturers!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 08 February 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09 February 2012, 01:05 AM
jef
Scooby Regular

save money, buy free range organic eggs/meats

butter nutrient profile and red meat has creatine in it.

looking for quick fix to muscle gain - forget it. a supplement is just that. something tot supplement an already proven diet.

train hard, eat hard and rest well for sevral years and you will get noticable results aslong as all are incheck

supplements- no real harm in trying creatine, unless have kidney function problems. other then that a whey protein powder at correct time of day is about as much as you need.

develop a real understanding of nutrition and youll be in th best position to maximise muscle growth -good luck
Old 09 February 2012, 01:41 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jef
save money, buy free range organic eggs/meats

butter nutrient profile and red meat has creatine in it.

looking for quick fix to muscle gain - forget it. a supplement is just that. something tot supplement an already proven diet.

train hard, eat hard and rest well for sevral years and you will get noticable results aslong as all are incheck

supplements- no real harm in trying creatine, unless have kidney function problems. other then that a whey protein powder at correct time of day is about as much as you need.

develop a real understanding of nutrition and youll be in th best position to maximise muscle growth -good luck
What he said.

I have been natural now for quite a few years and I can honestly say the hard gains you make naturally without the "extras" is worth the effort involved.

I don't take anything, not even Protein shakes (bloat your guts out), just rely on a good diet to see me through as it is all about the food. I am weighing in at 95KG, doing 260KG+ dead lifts, 165-180KG Bench Presses, 220KG+ squats as a natural body builder/power lifter but the difference I have noticed is that my stamina is very good now (thanks to the MMA stuff I do).

If you're going to go for Creatine, spend a bit extra and buy the MaxiMuscle Creatine product. Tastes and looks like Tango but amazing results, one of the best Creatines going imo and you can split the intake, AM and PM before training.
Old 09 February 2012, 07:15 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its all well saying eat alot of meats etc but as i have a problem with, i ate the right kind of food but what i ate was coming out just as fast, i was either having a bloated belly and staying at 11 stone

now i eat half of what i was but take the whey protein and hurricane xs (all of which are natural ingredients ) and am now 14 stone

i suppose its all down to how your body copes

I am more built like Tom hardy than the pic in the above posters Avatar but happy with that LOL