Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Best Buy Sale

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2011, 09:26 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Buy Sale

As they are going out of business, between 10% - 25% off of items (including Apple stuff which is unusual).

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk

Steve
Old 28 November 2011, 09:44 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Some good deals on there!
Old 28 November 2011, 01:21 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Yeah they weren't making enough money in the uk.
Old 28 November 2011, 03:22 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Best buy is a big thing in the US, they have a lot of stores and they found that by adding on high-tech goods in store they became a major player in the tech retail market. Best buy was already in most small towns, and had lots of outlets in the major cities. It would be a bit like Tesco linking up with DSG...

Did not work out in the UK though, not enough stores. If my town had a Best Buy I would have probably used it. When I bought my tablet one of the best deals I could find on the net was at Best Buy, but the nearest store was an hour away..
Old 28 November 2011, 04:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I tried best buy at Merry Hell, but TBH, the same stuff on the 'net was cheaper. And the refurbed Currys opposite have stepped up to their game (it was a disorganised shyte tip before, but now much improved). The collect at store option did make them cheaper too...which leads me onto thinking they (Best Buy) were too slow getting the online sales/ordering up and running. Should have had the website fully operational before the stores IMO.

Empire direct worked fine online, it was only until they expanded to retail outlets did it all go down the pooper. That says someting to me; UK landlords are charging far too much for retail space as are the councils for rates.....then the energy companies (we've had an eyewatering price hike this for the next year), its just too many people and not enough pie to make it all worthwhile.

Even DSG is in negative worth value due to the lease costs of its stores!

Last edited by ALi-B; 28 November 2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 28 November 2011, 04:38 PM
ChrisB

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Empire direct worked fine online, it was only until they expanded to retail outlets did it all go down the pooper. That says someting to me; UK landlords are charging far too much for retail space as are the councils for rates.....then the energy companies (we've had an eyewatering price hike this for the next year), its just too many people and not enough pie to make it all worthwhile.
Business rates are normally re-calculated in April using September's RPI figure... 5.6% increase. Ow.
Old 28 November 2011, 04:52 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Just tried a Nintendo 3DS - all out of stock! in fact ALL nintendo DS's are out!