Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Deeside industrial estate flintshire

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2011, 07:40 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deeside industrial estate flintshire

Anybody familiar with the deeside industrial park in deeside flintshire noticed the new camera's that have gone up this week on every roundabout?
They went up on Monday this week i think, not sure what they are, defo looking at cars, cant make up my mind if they are anpr, or average speed.
Slowed me right down until i know what they are.
would be on a road that's totally empty when i'm going to work, usually flat out down there, but thats gonna have to stop now
Old 24 November 2011, 08:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I know that area, although I don't frequent it. Didn't know about the new cameras there, man.

Do you know the one in Soughton? It has been repaired now, but someone took a right micky about 2 months ago, and turned it round by 45 degrees, making it stare into the vacuum. The camera looked very lost.
Old 24 November 2011, 08:28 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I know that area, although I don't frequent it. Didn't know about the new cameras there, man.

Do you know the one in Soughton? It has been repaired now, but someone took a right micky about 2 months ago, and turned it round by 45 degrees, making it stare into the vacuum. The camera looked very lost.
Thats cool, love it when they are facing the wrong way, even better when they have been burnt out.
the ones on the deeside park only appeared on monday, so just watch yourself until anyone can say what they are for certain.
they do look very similar to the ones that are just off junction 12 on the m56, when you come off and head for the runcorn bridge, they are average speed, i know that for a fact, and have 3 points on the licence to prove
Old 24 November 2011, 08:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ok, Steve. I will watch out, thanks. The funniest one that I have heard from a scoobynetter on his speeding adventure as follows: He was unawarely breaking the speed limit in Liverpool, drove past a speed camera, sensed a camera flash, and while checking in his mirror to work out what the flash was about, he sped past another speed camera. The dipstick got done twice within 5 minutes. WOW.
Old 24 November 2011, 10:58 PM
richgreenscooby1
Scooby Regular

um , will have a gander on the way to work , you have me a little worried now after todays drive !!
Old 24 November 2011, 11:28 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Ok, Steve. I will watch out, thanks. The funniest one that I have heard from a scoobynetter on his speeding adventure as follows: He was unawarely breaking the speed limit in Liverpool, drove past a speed camera, sensed a camera flash, and while checking in his mirror to work out what the flash was about, he sped past another speed camera. The dipstick got done twice within 5 minutes. WOW.
I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you get two in close succession like that, you only get one fine?

Could be an urban myth........
Old 25 November 2011, 08:44 AM
richgreenscooby1
Scooby Regular

Well , just driven through there , carn't see any .....

Trending Topics

Old 25 November 2011, 01:41 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by alcazar
I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you get two in close succession like that, you only get one fine?
Surely only one offence, unless you slowed below the limit between cameras, otherwise the police could do you for every 5m interval as you approached a speed trap and you would earn an instant ban.
Old 25 November 2011, 02:14 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by speedking
Surely only one offence, unless you slowed below the limit between cameras, otherwise the police could do you for every 5m interval as you approached a speed trap and you would earn an instant ban.
I don't know about this country, but I'm sure there was a guy in Switzerland a couple of years ago who got banned almost exactly like this. He was a recent immigrant from somewhere that obviously didn't have cameras, and when he got flashed out on a drive somewhere he turned round and shot back down the road just to try and figure out what was going on, got flashed again, turned round and went back again, got flashed again, turned round and went back again some more, got flashed again, and so on - until he'd racked up something like 15 tickets in the space of 10 minutes. Being Swiss, they wouldn't let him off a single one of them, fined him a few thousand francs and took his license
Old 25 November 2011, 05:14 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar

Could be an urban myth........

Oh, Good. Because I felt sorry for the poor dipstick. Him checking his mirror to work out what the bright flash was about and getting double-done during that nano period was sufficient for me to double myself with laughter.
Old 25 November 2011, 06:17 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

they have gone?
dont know what they were for , went to work at 04.30 this morning and they were there, had a flat tyre on the wagon so didnt leave site until 06.30, and they were all gone
Have asked a mate who works for merseyside police, and he was more than a little coy about them, wouldnt give me any info, and i cant usually stop him talking, so am even more intrigued now.