Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Windows Phone 7, anyone got one of these new phones?

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2011, 09:31 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Phone 7, anyone got one of these new phones?

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1031171/review

Hi,

Wanted to know what others thought of the Windows Phone 7 devices if they own one.

I recently purchased a new HTC HD7 phone which came preloaded with Windows Phone 7. This was upgraded to Windows Phone 7.5 recently when Microsoft sent out the updates across the world.

So far I am impressed. It feels like a solid phone and everything feels integrated, not a bunch of apps like my iPhone felt like.

Also love the look and feel of the interface, at first it looks basic but when you actually start to move through it you realise just how damn slick it is (and this seems to be the general comments I get when I show it to other people).

Also love the way Facebook is integrated into my phone book so everything I need about a person is on easy to access place e.g. I can look up a friend in my address book, slide across and see what his facebook updates were.

There are some missing things however this is the norm with any new phone OS (iOS had it's major share of gremlins in the early days) however I am pretty confident Microsoft will make sure they keep Windows Phone in shape.

The Market Place is growing as well, some good apps coming along. A great feature is the XBox Live integration so I can log into my XBox Live account and earn points from playing my games or keep in touch with others.

I think it fits into the business world better though (where Microsoft have a major stake hold) and they know this which is why you don't see them making a big deal about it yet (And realistically they can't compete with the king of consumer devices i.e. the iPhone/iPad devices).

But now Nokia are on board good things could happen, for starters Microsoft will have an array of new devices to put WP7.5 (devices more appealing to the consumer) and also the build quality of the devices will be much better than HTC (who are pretty sloppy with their phones).

Anyway it's good to see more choices in the market. Tbh I am bored of the iPhone which feels like a kids toy after a while and the Droids were way too geeky for me but the Windows Phone seems to fit just right, does exactly what I want it to without bloating my phone out.
Old 24 October 2011, 02:10 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Only time will tell if windows 7 7.5 8 will become a major OS for mobile phones. You probably would of been better riding the tsunami of Android OS. Saying that, if no one ever tried new operating systems then we would be all stuck with Apple(strap me down)

Sits back for Jack