When did?? Or i must be showing my age

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2011, 08:50 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When did?? Or i must be showing my age

Jeans forget there roots?

Went to my local clothes store.... for a pair of jeans and other bits yesterday..

Jeans..you know the product made from denim, with rear pockets on your **** cheeks, not on your bloody knees

Engineered twist in the legs..WTF.. or rouched fabric FABRIC!!!!!! with woven holes built in.. Bloody fashion statements,

I want jeans, you know, the hard wearing material with studs.. with proper belts not bloody bits of string

Looks like i wont be shopping there any more ..

Mart

Last edited by mart360; 25 September 2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 25 September 2011, 09:34 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Levi 501's.

Never bettered.
Old 25 September 2011, 09:44 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I tend to stay out of Primark as well
Old 25 September 2011, 09:53 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
I tend to stay out of Primark as well
It wasnt primark lol.... quite an old established brand lol

Mart
Old 25 September 2011, 10:31 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Levis for me. I can't get on with all these modern brands.

Maybe I am just bitter that high street brands assume anyone over 5ft 5" tall is also that width ways?!

Here's hoping I could wear some more generic brands and save some money.
Old 25 September 2011, 10:43 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Or the other way...

Just because i/m 5'5", i dont have a 48" waist!!!! or 27" inside leg lol

Or they cut them with such a taper from the waist to the leg, i could tie a rope to my waist and fly like a bleedin kite lol

Mart
Old 25 September 2011, 10:57 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Wrangler is the true denim jean....
Old 25 September 2011, 11:37 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I find that reaper trousers from the local farm wholesale shop are excellent value, look smart enough and last a very long time. You can get them lined or unlined.

Les
Old 25 September 2011, 11:43 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Leslie
I find that reaper trousers from the local farm wholesale shop are excellent value, look smart enough and last a very long time. You can get them lined or unlined.

Les
Not quite trendy disco wear though

Old 25 September 2011, 11:50 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just need to find where Jeremy Clarkson shops rather than Top Shop as you cant buy jeans there if you are over 21, went in with the kids, so many styles, none of which were closely aligned with human anatomy.

There were some with low flying crotches, I just thought the one time they may have been useful for me was post Vasectomy when everything was swinging a bit low, these also have the effect of showing your underpants, I do this but it isnt intentional just a bit of podge and gravity really, this look is not new, i.e. the **** out thing, J4CKO's Mate has been rocking it since about 89, the modern look is tame compared to the daring plunge he advocated, when gardening you could litterally see his Rusty Sheriffs Badge.

Then you have some where the legs twist round, cant see the point, it looks **** and cant be comfortable, then there is something called Carrot Style or whatever, makes you look like a huge walking spliff.

Jeans did deviate during my younger years, we went through the skin tight stretchy thing in the eighies, teamed with black legwarmers (yes really) and a grey anorak with blue or burgundy lappelles.

Then we had the stone wash era, only now sported by undercover CID officers to leave criminals in no illusion its a copper, always matched with a leather jacket of conjsiderable expsense but zero actual style, the whitest trainers they could find and a rugby shirt. At Greater Manchester Police during my time there I thought this uniform was more recognisable and iconic than the traditional Police one.

Of course, the stonewash things were just conventional jeans, of a normal cut, but then we got to Madchester when flares came back and everyone went all Stone Roses and donned Joe Bloggs, trippy patterned cod hippy **** and Kicker shoes, I adopted that look for a while but in a minor way, didnt go for the massive flares, just a slight one to fit in without looking a total ****, like my mate Rob who got the biggest flares and to show how extra Madchester he was got his mum to alter them by letting in some floral print material, he was a slight chap and in windy Manchester in winter he was at risk of acheiving positive lift, they were more a kind of hanglider than trousers, in a bizarre twist of fate having lost touch when I joined my current place he was there as the Operations Manager, I took great pleasure in reminding him and informing his staff of his fashion faux pas back then.

We had the 501's come back for a while, nothing nicer than a young lady wearing them with a nice figure, waist all drawn in, for blokes it was never quite as succesful, you needed to be a certain shape and very slim, didnt stop a lot of fuller figured gentlemen adopting them but they didnt come up high enough and made them look like their belly was sat in an eggcup, I tried some and admitted defeat in the shop and scuttled back to the more relaxed fits, even when only 12 stone I ddint fit them, doesnt stop a mate of mine still going for the look, he always points out he still fits in a 34 inch wasit 501 like he did when he was 18, fits is a very broad church, like he is also, they still got on but when quoting a waist size that will go on you need to still add on the remainder, like doign fractions at school, he would be 34/6, 34 inch waist, remainder 6, the six inches of bunter proudly overhanging the trousers the like proud prow of a very bulbous segoing vessel, put it this way using a latop in an economy class plane seat is no longer an option.

Curently I go for the comfier fit type ones from Next or Marks and Sparks, im nearly 41 and not Snake hips any more, unless its a podgy, middle aged snake with a penchant for Abbot Ale and crisps.
Old 25 September 2011, 12:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by zip106
Levi 501's.

Never bettered.
+1..........I Used to like Lee jeans too, but now wear Levis, end of.
Old 25 September 2011, 12:27 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Used to be a choice of Lee, Lee Cooper , Levi's or Wrangler and that was about it in my day.
Old 25 September 2011, 12:31 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Hugo boss jeans. Last a lifetime and they go from smart to pockets at knees if thats your thing....
Old 25 September 2011, 12:38 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Don't start me off about jeans. My post would be longer than J4CKO's! I dread to think of the money I've spent on them over the last couple of years. I used to wear Gap jeans, but they changed the cut of them, and now I can't get any to fit. Why are they all so low waisted? And low pockets are not flattering at all! As someone said earlier, why can't the pockets be on your actual ****, where they used to be? And the stretch! They seem ok when you try them on, but when you actually wear them, they end up dragging down and taking my knickers with them. I'm forever hitching up my jeans, or stuffing my hand down the back of them, to hitch up my knickers!

I have two pairs of Levi's. Both the same size and length (according to the labels.......yeah, right!). One pair is bigger and was 4" longer than the other! Back in the olden days I used to wear Wranglers and I would love to try them again, but I don't know anywhere near me that sells them.

Last edited by oldsplice; 25 September 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 25 September 2011, 12:47 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Something about Knickers ?

Thats all I saw
Old 25 September 2011, 12:54 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Something about Knickers ?

Thats all I saw

You're like my cat! You can say a whole sentence and all she'll hear is the word 'biscuits'!
Old 25 September 2011, 12:54 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Can't justify the price of Levi jeans, I just go for jeans from Next.
Old 25 September 2011, 01:45 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Don't start me off about jeans. My post would be longer than J4CKO's! I dread to think of the money I've spent on them over the last couple of years. I used to wear Gap jeans, but they changed the cut of them, and now I can't get any to fit. Why are they all so low waisted? And low pockets are not flattering at all! As someone said earlier, why can't the pockets be on your actual ****, where they used to be? And the stretch! They seem ok when you try them on, but when you actually wear them, they end up dragging down and taking my knickers with them. I'm forever hitching up my jeans, or stuffing my hand down the back of them, to hitch up my knickers!

I have two pairs of Levi's. Both the same size and length (according to the labels.......yeah, right!). One pair is bigger and was 4" longer than the other! Back in the olden days I used to wear Wranglers and I would love to try them again, but I don't know anywhere near me that sells them.

I thought you were the more kinky adventurous type girl and didn't wear knickers.
Old 25 September 2011, 01:51 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Not quite trendy disco wear though

MOO
Old 25 September 2011, 01:51 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I go to burton or gap for my jeans , can't do topshop as being 25 is too old to go in there now

Last edited by Ant; 25 September 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 25 September 2011, 02:01 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/index.php...products_id=23

Try these bad boys.

Bet you never need to buy another pair fir 15 years.

A bit on the expensive side though.

Chop
Old 25 September 2011, 02:38 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I thought you were the more kinky adventurous type girl and didn't wear knickers.

I know you have a secret thing for those big faded pink bloomers!
Old 25 September 2011, 03:07 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
I go to burton or gap for my jeans , can't do topshop as being 25 is too old to go in there now
Burtons has gone topshop...... 4 styles max age 22

Mart
Old 25 September 2011, 03:10 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Just picked up a pair from M&S , oh well not a bad price too , it nicely, and are proper denim, not some hybrid weave

Mart

Just need to track down some stonewashed ones now
Old 25 September 2011, 03:14 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
I know you have a secret thing for those big faded pink bloomers!