Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do I have to cancel to get a good deal off virgin media?

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2011, 11:52 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have to cancel to get a good deal off virgin media?

Rung virgin media last night to see what deals they can offer me and after 25 minutes on hold they can offer......£4 off my bill (£60 a month) if I sign up for another 12 months, I said sky are offering Movies, new router all the channels internet, phone etc etc for £58 (which they are on there website + 50 quid M+S vouchers) he said he looked at the sky website and that deal did not exist! and that I was mistaken and did I want to go ahead with the £4 off 12 month deal he offered. I said no and hung up.

I was so annoyed with his "you don't know what you are talking about attitude" that I am ringing up tonight to cancel and will change to sky regardless unless they are going to offer me some amazing deal will they or will I have to continually switch from sky to virgin for the rest of my life....
Old 23 September 2011, 01:40 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thats about the long and short of it.. VM couldnt give a stuff about existing customers, ring the cancellations team, you may get a slightly better deal, but be preparred for them to call your bluff.. Sky are no different though. I've been with both.

You just have to keep swapping between the two of them every couple of years, if you can be bothered !!! and thats just where they catch people, cos' most cant be arsed.

Ian..
Old 23 September 2011, 02:02 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, cancellations do it. I was in the same boat, not a good price, no discounts offered. Ordered SKy, then went to cancel VM. They gave me a much better deal to stay, so I then had to ring Sky before it was installed, to cancel them.
Old 23 September 2011, 02:33 PM
Cammy5106
Scooby Regular

Virgin are a bunch of ****! I was with them in Edinburgh and called them to say I was moving to Aberdeen in 3 months and could I move my whole service (TV/Broadband/Phone) to Aberdeen which they said "No problem we can do that free of charge" excellent I thought.
I moved to Aberdeen called up with all my new details only to be told " We do not offer the TV part of the service in Aberdeen at all, and your Broadband will be lower too as we need to rent it from BT" I thought that's not what you told me three month ago, so told them I wanted to cancel with immediate affect which I did.

I sent back my HD box and all the rest of the stuff. Two weeks later two letters droped through my door on the same day, one from Virgin saying I owed them £70 for cancelling and not giving a months notice, the other from a debt collectors for the same £70, to say I was furious was a understatement, I told them I was moving three months before I did and they lied to me, then they never told me about the £70 on the phone when I cancelled, then they passed my personal details on to some debt collecting agency before they had even contacted me for payment..

I payed them the £70 and had to contact the debt agency myself to give them a transaction number to prove I had payed them lol unbelievable situation..

They are a shower of ****£rs !!

I hope I never have to deal with them ever again..

Last edited by Cammy5106; 23 September 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 23 September 2011, 03:45 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

It's like insurance.

MOST insurance companies can't be bothered with their customers, but will spend ££££ attracting new ones. Can't understand it myself
Old 30 September 2011, 11:09 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

well I finally rung up to cancel all 3 services and magically they offered me a £15 a month discount plus a tivo box (which is excellent) plus I can keep the V+ box to use in another room and I got the V+ swapped to a new samsung box, thanks Virgin

Amazed that they installed it in 2 days must be quiet at the moment.