Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2011, 09:29 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who want to know why SN is so quiet

I can't take the credit for summing it up, take a bow Eddscott

Originally Posted by EddScott
SNet is quiet because its just not cool to own a scoob anymore. Most of us don't own a scoob and it's just about the banter. Its bound to reduce traffic.
I've been lurking and posting here for nearly 12 years. Back in the day subarus were cool and for the privileged few car enthusiasts. Therefore this forum attracted a person of 25 years plus to middle age that was financially successful, probably intelligent and articulate. Thus why we have people (these are just off the top of my head) like Leslie, j4cko, Hodgy, Trout, David Lock, Alcazar, mart360 etc that contribute to the forum.

As time went a second generation turned up that spiced the place up a bit and had some real characters like Yoza, ChipSengravy, the guy who had his account deleted but I forget his name (posted lots of photos but was a good egg). This second generation seem to have largely come and gone and now there a 3rd generation of subaru owners.

Unfortunately from who. See driving subareas now this third generation are generally a bunch of **** heads who would have been driving novas in my day. A lot of active members have drifted away when subareas became un cool and idiots started driving them and posting here.

SN is still a good place but the world changes, it ain't what it once was but I still enjoy my time here.

Not sure why I posted this

Chop

Last edited by Account deleted by request; 15 September 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 15 September 2011, 09:32 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I'm glad you didn't mention me as a protagonist as it would have scuppered my grand plan

*strokes cat*

Beware of 2012 etc.
Old 15 September 2011, 09:33 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's because most on here are W*nkers (excluding me)
Old 15 September 2011, 09:35 PM
Scooby Regular

Excuse my spelling, damn iPad keyboard.
Old 15 September 2011, 10:06 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

You're basically a snob Chopper but I admire your honesty.

Impreza classics and newages are becoming boy-racer type cars you see thrashed around council estates, and the new hatch isn't very exciting.

I do wonder where the crowd moved onto? I suppose your cashed up 'successful' 25-45 y/olds are now driving BMW's etc and can be found on Pistonheads?
Old 15 September 2011, 10:08 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I drive a van.
Old 15 September 2011, 10:11 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I don't think they were ever cool for cool people. They were ultra cool for geeks, which means they are not cool by default. Hence the reason we've now got a load of old geeks sitting round discussing how "cool" they thought they were, "back in the day".
Old 15 September 2011, 10:15 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
You're basically a snob Chopper but I admire your honesty.

Impreza classics and newages are becoming boy-racer type cars you see thrashed around council estates, and the new hatch isn't very exciting.

I do wonder where the crowd moved onto? I suppose your cashed up 'successful' 25-45 y/olds are now driving BMW's etc and can be found on Pistonheads?
Aha and right on cue one of the third generation arrive, were you wan king into your sock earlier only joking TDW you have added some life and character to this place.

I'm not really a snob I was just saying who typically visited this board back in the day. And your right, most are driving bmw's and on piston heads. As I said life changes you learn your lessons and buy a decent car doesn't mean you should stop taking to your old mates though. I don't know anyone on here enough to call them mates but there who are people I have got to 'know' and admire through their posts.

Everything in the past generally remembers as being far better than it actually was, however in the case of SN it really was. I think the lobster, mods and people who have stayed have done a pretty good job at keeping it lively.

Chop

Chop
Old 15 September 2011, 10:15 PM
RetroMk1
Scooby Regular

"R U DIZY BLUD"

people talking like this has probably pushed a few away
Old 15 September 2011, 10:16 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I don't think they were ever cool for cool people. They were ultra cool for geeks, which means they are not cool by default. Hence the reason we've now got a load of old geeks sitting round discussing how "cool" they thought they were, "back in the day".
Haha, that is actually so true!

I like the idea of owning a Subaru but my heart is with Alfa Romeo as I just love 'em. Scooby drivers past and present are generally a good laugh which is why i like Scoobynet(NSR) unlike Alfa Romeo owners who are generally *********.
Old 15 September 2011, 10:17 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I'll admit I'm a snob
RetroMk1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Haha, that is actually so true!

I like the idea of owning a Subaru but my heart is with Alfa Romeo as I just love 'em. Scooby drivers past and present are generally a good laugh which is why i like Scoobynet(NSR) unlike Alfa Romeo owners who are generally *********.
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by RetroMk1
"R U DIZY BLUD"

people talking like this has probably pushed a few away
Shame one wasn't you.
Old 15 September 2011, 10:18 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopper.
Chop

Chop
There is no hurry. Thread will still be I first page in the morning.
Old 15 September 2011, 10:18 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
I drive a van.
Is it an iVan by any chance

Chop
Old 15 September 2011, 10:21 PM
RetroMk1
Scooby Regular

Shame one wasn't you.
HaHa think you misunderstood my point
Old 15 September 2011, 10:22 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Is it an iVan by any chance

Chop
iKombi
Old 15 September 2011, 10:22 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

whatever it is

i am sure it is vantastic

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 15 September 2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: oops
Old 15 September 2011, 10:24 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
whatever it is

i am sure it is vantastic
That is a car crash of a quip

Chop
Old 15 September 2011, 10:24 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
iKombi
iKombicusApplereleasedanewproduct.
Old 15 September 2011, 10:26 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That is a car crash of a quip

Chop
iKombi bothered to reply
Old 15 September 2011, 10:27 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
iKombi bothered to reply

Chop
Old 15 September 2011, 10:46 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Clare is right we were Geeks and now we are old geeks
Old 15 September 2011, 10:48 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adrian F
Clare is right we were Geeks and now we are old geeks
Agree.

But surely I am cool now I drive a BMW?

Chop
Old 15 September 2011, 10:52 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Agree.

But surely I am cool now I drive a BMW?

Chop
Not driving an Audi makes you awesome!
Old 15 September 2011, 11:05 PM
leedscal
Scooby Regular

im 21 so i guess im one of the 3rd generation.
i would just like to say i completely agree with your point chopper, alot of the 3rd generation scooby owners are ****, and council estate kids in maccys carpark but i hope you dont tar us all with the same brush, as i have said im 21, i wanted a impreza since i was knee high and when i worked my way up i can now afford mine, but i work very hard for it and support my family (my mrs and 2 year old daughter) i suppose some will comment on the fact i have a child at my age.
What im trying to say is that we are not all the same, there are alot like me who work there nuts off to afford the things they like and support there families and most of all respect what they have, on the other hand (what i agree with you on) there are alot of idiots doing twice the limit with a full car of teens thinking they own the road, but you cant blame them for the fact that sn is dieing, the majority of the 1st generation seem to think that because they have been on this forum a while they own it, they feel they can belittle people for there cars, ideas, spelling ect... and due to this alot of people have stopped posting and moved to other sites, im not going to start naming and shaming but a few of the people on this forum perhaps even this thread have made me feel ashamed for the comments they make to new members and old, we are a community and when people are looking on this site they see alot of you 1st gens making people feel crap and then go away and say how scooby drivers are **** ect..
The first thing people say about this site is that 'its full of p**cks' when there is some good people on this site who are being put down by arrogant and narrow minded comments, just my imput.

*jumps behind sofa*

Last edited by leedscal; 15 September 2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 15 September 2011, 11:19 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Some good fishing there chopper.

Unfortunately your 'view' of Impreza owners is wrong.

The average owner is about 35 years old, is a skilled worker (normally in IT), married, and a home owner.

As you may or may not know, i speak to literally thousands of Impreza owners, and the above is my first hand experience.

Of course, this is very boring, and won't get the kind of response you're looking for, but i thought i'd just add a touch of truth to your myth.

And the ''Subaru owners are now council house scum cars'' is soooo 2009
Old 15 September 2011, 11:24 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

..... and the reason (if you're interested) is that with the massive drop in price of Evo's, they are now the 'pikeys' choice.

Go to the MLR and have a browse of the threads on there.
Certainly an eye opener, especially for those who hate text talk, poor grammar, and 'questional' thread topics.

Some of the keyboard warriors on here (you know who you are) would have a field day on there.... although their resident PS Lewis (Aidy) would take you apart and show you how it's really done.
Old 15 September 2011, 11:31 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leedscal
im 21 so i guess im one of the 3rd generation.
i would just like to say i completely agree with your point chopper, alot of the 3rd generation scooby owners are ****, and council estate kids in maccys carpark but i hope you dont tar us all with the same brush, as i have said im 21, i wanted a impreza since i was knee high and when i worked my way up i can now afford mine, but i work very hard for it and support my family (my mrs and 2 year old daughter) i suppose some will comment on the fact i have a child at my age.
What im trying to say is that we are not all the same, there are alot like me who work there nuts off to afford the things they like and support there families and most of all respect what they have, on the other hand (what i agree with you on) there are alot of idiots doing twice the limit with a full car of teens thinking they own the road, but you cant blame them for the fact that sn is dieing, the majority of the 1st generation seem to think that because they have been on this forum a while they own it, they feel they can belittle people for there cars, ideas, spelling ect... and due to this alot of people have stopped posting and moved to other sites, im not going to start naming and shaming but a few of the people on this forum perhaps even this thread have made me feel ashamed for the comments they make to new members and old, we are a community and when people are looking on this site they see alot of you 1st gens making people feel crap and then go away and say how scooby drivers are **** ect..
The first thing people say about this site is that 'its full of p**cks' when there is some good people on this site who are being put down by arrogant and narrow minded comments, just my imput.

*jumps behind sofa*
Look, mate. I can't play football for toffee. This is why I never EVER set foot on a football field.
Old 15 September 2011, 11:34 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
..... and the reason (if you're interested) is that with the massive drop in price of Evo's, they are now the 'pikeys' choice.

Go to the MLR and have a browse of the threads on there.
Certainly an eye opener, especially for those who hate text talk, poor grammar, and 'questional' thread topics.

Some of the keyboard warriors on here (you know who you are) would have a field day on there.... although their resident PS Lewis (Aidy) would take you apart and show you how it's really done.
Pikies drive new RS4's and Porsches, you seem them parked at that Dale Farm place when they interview people on TV there.

I don't see many Evos near me TBH but they when I do see them they are normally driven by a certain 'type' so to speak, normally sporting a baseball cap and tats, and possibly owning dangerous dogs

Quick Reply: For those who want to know why SN is so quiet