Jobcentre is atrocious!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2011, 11:19 AM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jobcentre is atrocious!!

Grab a cuppa - this is a long rant!

I got told in March this year I was being made redundant from the BedShed in August...In June i get headhunted from Floors2Go - so i start with them the day after being made redundant from BedShed.
In the meantime, i've split with 'my mrs', the mortgage was in her name when I met her and never changed but i've started 'renting' the spare room until i find somewhere suitable for me and my 6year oldboy, i dont want to get some slum and have him dossing there.
So....Work at Floors2Go for 6 days, have two days off and when I return to 'work' the shop is empty and they've gone bust!!
So I used the Impreza as it was made to be used and hightailed it down to the local jobcentre to see where I stood, got told by the 'ever so friendly' bloke behind the desk...
If you ring this 0845 number from home or use one of our free phones *points to MASSIVE que of smackheads/general chavs that you KNOW have NEVER had a job* they'll take down all your details and nodoubt i'll be ringing you tomorrow to organise a interview to see if your eligable for JSA"
I look at said que...look at the desk...look at the guy...look back at the que and ask...
I'm sorry but why can't you/somebody do it now and perhaps help chop down this que size? and aid me in calming a very stressfull situation?
...like a robot he just repeats what he said above, by this point (not 20minutes after the shock of finding out I had noway of paying the rent/bills ETC) I was livid and came home.
Rang said number and they asked an absolutely astonishing amount of questions - some I can understand need to be asked, and some I can't only to be told that I had to go down to previously mentioned JobCentre THE NEXT DAY to 'prove' I was an English citizen, allowed to work in the UK & rental agreement, the womans voice on the phone changed somewhat when i explained the situation to her above my living arrangements - asif I was trying to pull a fast one?
So - as of August 25th I had done everything they wanted me to, signed countless bits of paper, done a 'job' search, explained to 3 different people my living arrangements, been completly open and honest about everything - even giving my ex (no landlords) work address/number & mobile number, supplied a rental agreement we set up when we split (was very amicable decision) and got told
Ok Mr Pearson, that's everything done, return in two weeks time to sign again and you should receive your first payment the Friday after you sign
champion!
two weeks later.....I get told there's a 'backlog' of claims that need processing and they hadn't done mine yet so I wouldn't be getting paid...bearing in mind I've had no monday since the 22nd of July as Bedshed paid me upto my leaving date. monies how shall we say......tighter than a nuns foof. the cars been laid up on fathers drive as I refuse to have it stood in the street with tax on without a job. So I give them a call, ask what the heck is going on "I've taken your details Mr Pearson and somebody will get back to you today or tomorrow"...wow some real urgency in that aint there!!!!!!
Phonecall never came....tried to ring back but they finish early on a Friday - oh how DUCKING MARVELLOUS!!!!!!!

Monday 19th - I ring yet again (0845 numbers remember on a mobile aint the cheapest), to again be told somebody would get back to me within 3 hours......thankfully they did. and this is how the call went...
Hello Mr Pearson, Just to let you know that your claim got lost, but we've now found it - it got sent to the wrong dept (so it didn't get lost then? no?) We've now flagged this as suspicious of deception and you will be getting a visit from a government representitive shortly - you'll receive a letter in the post with a date and time ok - is there anything else?
WO WO WOOO there lassy - deception? I've been completly honest and given you lot answers to EVERY question asked, are you stark raving mental? Deception is a distraction, camouflage or concealment of the truth in what way am I doing this by giving proof of everything you've asked?you'll receive a letter in the post sir ok. *hangs up*
Ducking marvelous - So i've just gotten the letter this morning saying they are coming NEXT monday - We're over 4 weeks by this date of having no money what so ever. So I've just rang them jobcentre...YET AGAIN... and asked what the hell I'm s'posed to do, they inform me I can 'apply' for a 'crisis loan', then the guy realises what he's just said "oh...well if your under investigation you wont be eligable for one you'll just have to wait"..........
So I ring the number on the letter for the "Customer Compliance Team" thankfully an 0191 number speak to the guy who's coming to visit me and he has THE most condescending attitude I've ever experienced in 26 years of being alive, I asked if he could perhaps keep me in mind if he has any cancelled appointments as I'd prefer to get this sorted ASAP........"NO - hangs up".......**** A DUCK SIDEWAYS ON TUESDAY, do they want me to beg? I'm not a proud man - i'll do it so long as i can get some money for a food shop!

Has anybody else ever had a situation like this before? I can honestly understand why people turn into drug dealers and theifs - it's EASIER THAN GETTING THE DOLE WHICH I AM WELL ENTITLED TO as it's money i've been paying into society for the last 10 years - and the first time I need to use it, I get accused of breaking the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
Aaron
Old 21 September 2011, 11:26 AM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

Bunch of jokers matey, but they have to be lke that because of the other 99.9% of scum they see who make it that way, hope you get it sorted.
Old 21 September 2011, 11:30 AM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Civil Servants...............

Most of the people these places now employ are as thick as. If the answer isn't on their crib sheet then you are purely fooked
I had the same thing when I was diagnosed with M.E. I attended a government assessment as to my ability to work. I answered all of the questions honestly. Only to be told that I am not entitled to any benefit because I said I "Could" do some work but only in small doses.............

Never went back and have never claimed a penny.

Now, If you were an asylum seeker............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..........
Old 21 September 2011, 11:34 AM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frosticles
Now, If you were an asylum seeker............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..........
Tried keeping away from that lil Gem - As i was stood speaking with the FIRST guy on the first day, an african gentleman (I assume, dont know the accents) came to speak with the HOTT as **** girl on the desk next door with his wife? and 4 kids - all dressed with brand new BRILLIANT WHITE nike trainers ETC and asked something, dont know what as i was being pointed to the line of smack heads - her reply was "yes sir - £300-odd pounds will be paid by Giro tomorrow which you can get cash for by taking it to the post office" - and here's lil old me BEGGING for whatever dole is per week nowadays? £40?...PFF.
Old 21 September 2011, 11:35 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best one I had at my local jobcentre a few years back was when I asked one of the staff to check my CV and give me pointers on how to improve it.

I was told NO ONE was qualified to do that and wouldn't even look at it.

They are a fooking joke!
Old 21 September 2011, 11:36 AM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geordie_Aaron
Tried keeping away from that lil Gem - As i was stood speaking with the FIRST guy on the first day, an african gentleman (I assume, dont know the accents) came to speak with the HOTT as **** girl on the desk next door with his wife? and 4 kids - all dressed with brand new BRILLIANT WHITE nike trainers ETC and asked something, dont know what as i was being pointed to the line of smack heads - her reply was "yes sir - £300-odd pounds will be paid by Giro tomorrow which you can get cash for by taking it to the post office" - and here's lil old me BEGGING for whatever dole is per week nowadays? £40?...PFF.
Old 21 September 2011, 11:44 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I don't go to the jobcenter. The money I will be entitled to will in no way shape or form be worth the efforts and amount of danger I would have to endure to get there and back.

Trending Topics

Old 21 September 2011, 11:44 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to citizens advice, keep a detailed record of all this, make sure the fact that you are the sole provider for your child is recorded.

Always be calm and polite, record times, dates and names when calling, send letter record delivery and keep hounding them.
Old 21 September 2011, 11:45 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

The issue is that you are saying you have split with your partner but are still living with them.
Old 21 September 2011, 11:52 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Luckily I've never had to claim the dole so never experienced that system.

I have, however, tried to use the job centre for applying for jobs and all they do is send you to the computer. I asked them if there was any difference from what's online since I couldn't find anything different and they said there isn't any. Once I found a half decent job to apply for I asked if I could get some more details as they were not answering the phone number left and they said they only know what's on the computer just like everyone else. So I ask you this, what do they do all day? Just stand there and point ppl to the computers?
Old 21 September 2011, 11:58 AM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Go to citizens advice, keep a detailed record of all this, make sure the fact that you are the sole provider for your child is recorded.
Didn't make myself clear on that one - I'm not sole carer of my son (had him with previous partner), but I dont want to move from this house where he has his own room ETC into some dodgy binge just for the sake of getting out the house, we've split amicably so can stay until I find somewhere decent** as he'll be quite upset.

** This has gone out the window since I no longer have a job to pay rents ETC did go and see the council but they said it would be a waste of my time as
1. I'm not homeless
2. I wouldn't be a priority case and could be looking anywhere from 4 months to a year to get a ONE bed flat because my son doesn't stay with me EVERY night - i'd have to get him an airbed or sumit............yeah this is the WORST month of my life so far!
Originally Posted by Lydia72
The issue is that you are saying you have split with your partner but are
still living with them.
Now I could understand this being an issue if I said I was renting the whole house - on my own and they found out that this wasn't the case....
But i've been honest and upfront with them from the get-go and explained every tiny detail in full - I should have just lied and said I rent the whole house and she charges me £500 a month, i've only got one leg and was born in Turkey - would have sailed through then lol

More to the point - what the FRIG do I do if they 'deny' my 'claim'??
definitly a laugh or cry situation this.

Last edited by Geordie_Aaron; 21 September 2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 21 September 2011, 12:03 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CREWJ
So I ask you this, what do they do all day? Just stand there and point ppl to the computers?
Funny - when they said they've got a backlog of claims ETC.....erm.....why can't a jobcentre, give jobs...to the jobless? I'm not a proud man. I'll do it if it pays the bills - hell i'm a cracking salesman they'll come in wanting to claim and walk out with something new while there at it, but nooooo not the case.
Old 21 September 2011, 12:08 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My experience job centre wasnt pleasant - and this was 25 years ago

I could of very happily smacked the useless smug middle aged tossers clean in the mouth
Old 21 September 2011, 12:12 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Doesn't anyone keep an emergency savings pot for such eventualities any more?

Aside from that I'd be looking everywhere for work - local pubs, shops, supermarkets, DIY stores, and anything else for a few £ like gardening etc. Just to keep you on your feet until you can find something better.
Old 21 September 2011, 12:17 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

yeah - that's what i'm living off now, but this isn't what my savings were intended for.
I'm not asking them for the world - i'm asking them for whats due to me. no?
Old 21 September 2011, 12:37 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Doesn't anyone keep an emergency savings pot for such eventualities any more?

Aside from that I'd be looking everywhere for work - local pubs, shops, supermarkets, DIY stores, and anything else for a few £ like gardening etc. Just to keep you on your feet until you can find something better.

Sadly with the prices of life some of us can't afford to .. even with the two of us working full time in professional roles, we live comfortably, putting tiny bit away here and there, but life's not easy ..
Old 21 September 2011, 12:38 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

When i took a year out in education, i went to the job centre since i was looking for a job. Found them utterly useless and got the feeling the people who worked there were just the people who really had no hope in hell of getting a job anyway else. Found recruitment agencies much better at getting people jobs. So glad that i'm still in education. Come net year when i'm job searching though....

It does appear to me that everyone seems to be a bit snappy with you. Is it possible that you phoned up with a bad temper and caused them to get the wrong idea about you?
Old 21 September 2011, 12:41 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I guess working with people who don't want help, don#t want a job and are generally aggressive gets to them ..

Our local JC has 4 big security guards ..
Old 21 September 2011, 12:47 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I'll agree it's not the nicest of places to work but they could at least be helpful to people that actually want to work.

When you walk in with bucket loads of qualifications or years of experience it's obvious you are trying to get a good job.
Old 21 September 2011, 12:58 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar experience, Im now signing on and not getting any money at all! they pay for my national insurance so I humour them by signing on every fortnight and looking for work every day.

I really cant wait to get a job so I can tell the ****ers to shove their attitudes up their *****!

complete ******* all of them.
Old 21 September 2011, 12:59 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CREWJ
I'll agree it's not the nicest of places to work but they could at least be helpful to people that actually want to work.

When you walk in with bucket loads of qualifications or years of experience it's obvious you are trying to get a good job.

I'm not disagreeing with you mate ..
Old 21 September 2011, 01:09 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I'm not disagreeing with you mate ..
Oh I was agreeing with you
Old 21 September 2011, 01:14 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

My attitude is perfectly fine, a little irate now, but nothing to have a stinking attitude about - with regards to the security guards, they stand there puffing their chests out "what do you want"....money thanks completly ignore than and go to a desk. lol
Originally Posted by Jamo
I had a similar experience, Im now signing on and not getting any money at all! they pay for my national insurance so I humour them by signing on every fortnight and looking for work every day.

I really cant wait to get a job so I can tell the ****ers to shove their attitudes up their *****!

complete ******* all of them.
I can beat you - i've signed on twice and not getting paid ANYTHING!
Old 21 September 2011, 01:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

HeadHunted from Floors2Go ......... sorry, that made me laugh.

Looking at it from the taxpayers point of view - us, who will be paying you your JSA - it does smell rather fishy and I would want them to investigate throroughly.

The reason I say this is simple .... you are renting a room from your Mrs. ...... Are you actually divorced? Or is it a convenient 'story'? And if true, surely she will feed you and keep you homed in your bedroom - free?

It's got more holes than a lump of cheese ........... maybe SpudsULike will come and Headhunt you soon? I hear they are on the lookout for top talent

Good luck, anyway
Old 21 September 2011, 01:27 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
HeadHunted from Floors2Go ......... sorry, that made me laugh.

Looking at it from the taxpayers point of view - us, who will be paying you your JSA - it does smell rather fishy and I would want them to investigate throroughly.

The reason I say this is simple .... you are renting a room from your Mrs. ...... Are you actually divorced? Or is it a convenient 'story'? And if true, surely she will feed you and keep you homed in your bedroom - free?

It's got more holes than a lump of cheese ........... maybe SpudsULike will come and Headhunt you soon? I hear they are on the lookout for top talent

Good luck, anyway

Old 21 September 2011, 01:36 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

edited - forget it.

Last edited by Geordie_Aaron; 21 September 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 21 September 2011, 01:39 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about the crap you're going through fella. I went through a similar thing when I was much younger, but I lived with my parents at that time and didnt have as much pressure on me and yourself.

I hope they sort it out quickly and they see sense that you're a genuine claimee. After all, you've been paying your taxes and it IS YOUR MONEY. You're entitled to it.

Stay strong and focused. Dont let emotion run your head with this.

If all fails, get a rucksack and camp INSIDE their offices and tell them you have no where else to go and refuse to move.
Old 21 September 2011, 01:49 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

More pay for public sector workers!! yay!

I can't believe they think people are 'on their side' when this is the level of service you expect from them.

5t.
Old 21 September 2011, 01:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Let's get something straight .... and this is from someone who has paid into the system for twice as long as most of you have been alive .... the money you pay is used to assist people in that month .......................... it is not, repeat not, put into a pot for you when you need it!

The state actually owes you nothing. I know it's hard to accept - but that's how it is.

To get some money when needed it is up to us all to save for ourselves - that's what I have done each month of my long working time. I have not had a penny from the state and not been given a penny.

No-one has a right to anything ........ except what they arrange for themselves.

Granted, I get REALLY angry at immigrants arriving here and getting everything for nothing (MY taxes!) .... but, that does not affect the fact that I would get absoluetly NOTHING from the state if I lost my job tomorrow.

We all need to adjust to the idea that we need to be accountable for ourselves!

From someone who has paid at least £200,000 into the system for zero return, EVER!
Old 21 September 2011, 01:54 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Sadly, the "renting from the wife" line is never going to be a hot seller, I have a pal who works in the JC, and she is under massive pressure to force the "invalids" back to work... How ?

dunx

P.S. I drove 7 miles to sign-on, as Beverley is a much nicer place to be dealt with...

Quick Reply: Jobcentre is atrocious!!