Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tax rebate - will I get one ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2011, 12:10 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tax rebate - will I get one ??!!

Guys was made redundant at the end off April this year after working for the company for 13 years, just secured another job which I am due to start at the end off this month, been receiving job seekers allowance since start off may ( just about covers the scoobies weekly petrol bill !! )

anyway been advised by a few old work mates that have already started work elsewhere that they received a tax rebate with there first or second wage, any idea how it works ?? should I get something when I start my new job ??
Old 09 September 2011, 05:02 AM
baser999
Scooby Regular

Should do - assuming you've paid some income tax in this tax year ie since 6 April. Basically you're due certain personal allowances which govern the amount of income you can receive before paying tax - these would be shown on your PAYE notice of coding. In the normal course of events, you get 1/12 of these allowances offset against each months pay and you're taxed on the balance. If you've received no pay since the end of April the 'unused' allowances from May would 'rollover' against the next pay cheque you do receive. This would clearly reduce the amount of tax due on that pay and more than likely produce a refund of any tax paid already.
Hope that explains it.
Old 09 September 2011, 05:56 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hand in your p45 to your new employers
Old 09 September 2011, 08:24 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baser999
Should do - assuming you've paid some income tax in this tax year ie since 6 April. Basically you're due certain personal allowances which govern the amount of income you can receive before paying tax - these would be shown on your PAYE notice of coding. In the normal course of events, you get 1/12 of these allowances offset against each months pay and you're taxed on the balance. If you've received no pay since the end of April the 'unused' allowances from May would 'rollover' against the next pay cheque you do receive. This would clearly reduce the amount of tax due on that pay and more than likely produce a refund of any tax paid already.
Hope that explains it.
Excellent, appreciatte the info probably not going to be a life changing sum off cash but should hopefully be enough to fill the scoobies tank up with V power !!!