Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2011, 09:40 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support 2011

Hey everyone

You might remember that this time last year, I posted in NSR asking for your support in raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...or-cancer.html

Every year Macmillan hold their 'Worlds Biggest Coffee Morning', with the aim of getting people together to raise funds to help those who are devestated by cancer, not just those who are actually suffering, but they also provide support and information for their families and carers also.

'Today, more people in the UK are living with cancer and one in three of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Cancer affects us all and we can all help to make people's experience of it better.'

Soooooooooooooooooooooo... Not everyone can attend an actual coffee morning for whatever reason, and to try and get as much support for Macmillan as possible, in line with last year I am running a 'virtual coffee morning' using facebook and a justgiving page.

We managed to raise £220 last year which was fantastic, and had 99 members in our group and I would like to thank those of you again who took part, and donated.

This year I think we can do better - and this is where you guys come in. If you have a facebook account, please share the group page with as many people as possible, invite your friends, family, neighbours, milkman..anyone to join. Join the page yourselves, and send them an invite, or if you dont want to join the group, just send them the link so that they can.

All people need to do is grab a cup of coffee on the morning of the Friday 30th Sept, sign in to the group and say as little or as much as they like - even just hi would do! You can remember those who have lost their lives to this disease or support those who are fighting it - and donate at the same time

Or simply help us help Macmillan by donating. You can do this either by the justgiving page I have set up, or by popping a donation into any Macmillan collection box. If you donate by my justgiving page, the money goes directly to Macmillan.

THE VIRTUAL COFFEE MORNING 2011 Facebook page can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=102444496483193

and the justgiving page is here:

http://www.justgiving.com/MacmillanC...tualCoffeeStop

Thank you.

Old 09 September 2011, 08:44 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Well done for raising money for a great cause. I remember last year as I donated then as I will again now as cancer has been very close to home this past 18 months.

I raised a fair sum for CLIC last year as well , another great charity.

Keep up the good work Ginge.

Chip
Old 09 September 2011, 09:07 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Thanks for the support, Chip. Nice one for supporting Clic too. All very deserving.

This year is also close to home for me too. A close family member has just had a biopsy done this week, and we are awaiting the results. All very unexpected, and very, very worrying, but I know that if the news is bad then Macmillan will be there if we need them.
Old 09 September 2011, 09:15 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

No worries lets hope a few more on here support such a deserving cause.
Old 16 September 2011, 02:19 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

If anyone would like to donate, but not take part in the Facebook group, I have now sorted out how to donate via TEXT directly to the Justgiving web page I have set up.

All money goes directly to Macmillan Cancer Support. The text is free. All you have to do is text 70070 with NYJH 70 with the amount you would like to sponsor between £1 - £10, along with a message if you wish.

Thanks to those who have donated and/or supported us already.
Old 16 September 2011, 09:18 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Old 16 September 2011, 09:22 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

+1 Good cause / Good effort