Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bitten...........by a Dutch dog!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2011, 08:59 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Bitten...........by a Dutch dog!!!!

Went to a humongous street market this morning with the wife, VERY hot and incredibly humid for France

Anyway, the wife was looking at yet another GimCrack jewellery stall, so I decided to take the weight off my feet. I wandered to the side of the street, passing a man sitting holding a brown medium sized dog on a lead as I went, only for the blasted dog to go for me as I passed him amd bit my raght ahnd, breaking the skin in two places

Now I'm OK with dogs, in fact I love most dogs, so can't blame myself. I did not touch the dog, nor giver off any signals the threaten it, in fact I'd only just registered it. I said to the bloke in French that his dog had bitten me and he looked blank, so I repeated it in English.

"Oh," says he, "He's a liddle bit frightened."

"Well so am I now," say I, "Can I kick his **** for him?"

"Well," says he, "He doesn't like all the people at the market!"

"OK," say I, "So why bring the nasty b@stard? FFS leave the f*cker at home next time, eh?"

"There's no need to get nasty," says he.

"What, like your dog? Do you want to make anything of it?" say I.

At which point MR Cloggy beats a hasty retreat, pointing me out as an aggressive Englishman to his wife as he goes. He better believe it! I have ZERO time for dogs that bite, they want putting down. End of.
Old 17 August 2011, 09:11 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you got a Dutch runner in compensation.
Old 17 August 2011, 09:15 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

If it drew blood you should get a tetanus injection as continental europedogs have more (but still very little) probability of incubating rabies.
Old 17 August 2011, 09:17 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Had the same response from an owner when her dog went for my 3 yr old son a few months back. Came very close to kicking the damn thing, and I like animals
Old 17 August 2011, 09:17 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

He could have been a french dog in disguise !

you can never quite trust a dutchman mind , thyere all a bit peculiar
Old 17 August 2011, 09:22 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Get checked out asap..

I am a dog owner & lover but if a dog is off the lead and attacks mine I will kick it in the face.

If a dog attacks me or anyone Im with I will force its front legs apart and kill it. End of.
Old 17 August 2011, 09:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Tetanus shot Jeff, be safe as know your luck the dog had "the AIDS".
Old 17 August 2011, 09:40 PM
scoobystig666
Scooby Newbie

I had an bad incident with a dog about 3 months ago, came down into my kitchen on a saturday morning to find a staffy had managed to get into my garden violently attacking my labrador with my 5 year son hiding behind the sofa. Thankfully I had a hammer in one of the draws and I smashed the living hell out of the staffy!!!! you would not believe how much of a beating there skulls can take! I eventually found out the staffy had gone for my boy but my dog had managed to protect him, its only a young lab a year at most Best dog I will ever have me thinks.
Should of seen the look on the womans face when I delivered her dog back with a pancake for a head!! and for the record when the police were informed they were fully supportive on my actions. People say its the dogs owners which make them dangerous, the owner of this dog was actually a very nice woman who understood what I had to do.
Old 17 August 2011, 09:45 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Get checked out asap..

I am a dog owner & lover but if a dog is off the lead and attacks mine I will kick it in the face.

If a dog attacks me or anyone Im with I will force its front legs apart and kill it. End of.
Exactly

Can't understand people who are scared of dogs, yeah it might sink its teeth into you but just grab it and beat the thing to death.

P.S. I also like dogs
Old 17 August 2011, 10:04 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by boxst
If it drew blood you should get a tetanus injection as continental europedogs have more (but still very little) probability of incubating rabies.
A tetanus shot would be a very useful thing to have for anyone doing a lot of building work in the outdoors, but it'll do absolutely nothing against the risk of getting rabies. They're two completely different diseases.
Old 17 August 2011, 10:14 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
A tetanus shot would be a very useful thing to have for anyone doing a lot of building work in the outdoors, but it'll do absolutely nothing against the risk of getting rabies. They're two completely different diseases.
Oh, yes, you are right. I always joined the two for some reason.
Old 17 August 2011, 10:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoobystig666
I had an bad incident with a dog about 3 months ago, came down into my kitchen on a saturday morning to find a staffy had managed to get into my garden violently attacking my labrador with my 5 year son hiding behind the sofa. Thankfully I had a hammer in one of the draws and I smashed the living hell out of the staffy!!!! you would not believe how much of a beating there skulls can take! I eventually found out the staffy had gone for my boy but my dog had managed to protect him, its only a young lab a year at most Best dog I will ever have me thinks.
Should of seen the look on the womans face when I delivered her dog back with a pancake for a head!! and for the record when the police were informed they were fully supportive on my actions. People say its the dogs owners which make them dangerous, the owner of this dog was actually a very nice woman who understood what I had to do.
Yep, its a Dog eat Dog world, Staffs can be very dodgy with other dogs, my dad battered some mongrel that was busily shredding my mums little dog once.
Old 17 August 2011, 10:32 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobystig666
You beat a dog with a hammer .. you seem some what un-phased ?? that would be a massive thing for me .. I'd be devastated having to do that ..
Old 17 August 2011, 11:32 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Yeah that must have been a horrific thing.
Old 18 August 2011, 08:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

A real man would have used his fists
Old 18 August 2011, 08:42 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
A real man would have used his fists

his fists spoons
Old 18 August 2011, 09:11 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Have you started Forthing at the mouth this morning yet Jeff ?

, more than usual i mean
Old 18 August 2011, 09:21 AM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Bitten by a dutch dog, now thats ruff....
Old 18 August 2011, 09:49 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
You beat a dog with a hammer .. you seem some what un-phased ?? that would be a massive thing for me .. I'd be devastated having to do that ..
Saw an alsation bite a little girl who was innocently walking past the dog who was on a tether tied to a gate.

I picked up the nearest thing to me which was a shovel and twatted the dog with it. Took the girl home who had to go to hospital for tetanus etc. Why can't some dog owners act responsibly.

Chip
Old 18 August 2011, 10:03 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

The Netherlands has been rabies free since 1923 though there are isolated cases involving animals brought in from Africa.

The only problem they do have is with rabies infected bats.

So if the dog had a funny accent or huuuuuuuuge ears I shouldn't worry too much about it, unless you get a temperature, headaches, nausea etc.

In which case feel free to **** yourself!!!
Old 18 August 2011, 10:05 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

No probs this morning, area is bruised but none the worse than owt I've had in other places working out here.
Old 18 August 2011, 10:09 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Bravado aside, if an Alsation is attacking you, how on earth do you do that?

I had a friend with one of these and he could comfortably rest his front paws on my shoulders when i was stood. huge dog!

"Rodney! Get your leg out of that dog's mouth!"

Last edited by ChefDude; 18 August 2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 18 August 2011, 10:43 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Saw an alsation bite a little girl who was innocently walking past the dog who was on a tether tied to a gate.

I picked up the nearest thing to me which was a shovel and twatted the dog with it. Took the girl home who had to go to hospital for tetanus etc. Why can't some dog owners act responsibly.

Chip

good for you ?
Old 18 August 2011, 11:05 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChefDude
Bravado aside, if an Alsation is attacking you, how on earth do you do that?

I had a friend with one of these and he could comfortably rest his front paws on my shoulders when i was stood. huge dog!

"Rodney! Get your leg out of that dog's mouth!"

You don't Michael. The whole legs apart thing is an urban myth.

Much like some of the stories on here I suspect.
Old 18 August 2011, 12:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Went to a humongous street market this morning with the wife, VERY hot and incredibly humid for France

Anyway, the wife was looking at yet another GimCrack jewellery stall, so I decided to take the weight off my feet. I wandered to the side of the street, passing a man sitting holding a brown medium sized dog on a lead as I went, only for the blasted dog to go for me as I passed him amd bit my raght ahnd, breaking the skin in two places

Now I'm OK with dogs, in fact I love most dogs, so can't blame myself. I did not touch the dog, nor giver off any signals the threaten it, in fact I'd only just registered it. I said to the bloke in French that his dog had bitten me and he looked blank, so I repeated it in English.

"Oh," says he, "He's a liddle bit frightened."

"Well so am I now," say I, "Can I kick his **** for him?"

"Well," says he, "He doesn't like all the people at the market!"

"OK," say I, "So why bring the nasty b@stard? FFS leave the f*cker at home next time, eh?"

"There's no need to get nasty," says he.

"What, like your dog? Do you want to make anything of it?" say I.

At which point MR Cloggy beats a hasty retreat, pointing me out as an aggressive Englishman to his wife as he goes. He better believe it! I have ZERO time for dogs that bite, they want putting down. End of.
I bet he thought you were an English rioter!

Les
Old 18 August 2011, 12:10 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

On a more serious note I hear that after a tetanus jab and a nights rest the dog is expected to recover.
Old 18 August 2011, 12:39 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Packs of scruffy dogs roam Pattaya - where I reside at the moment . The dogs have never behaved aggressively - so far , but I am always wary of them.
I had a course of anti Rabies vaccine in 2007 before I went to Egypt , but I don't know how long it is active for .
Old 18 August 2011, 04:37 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't know why, but I thought this would be about your experiences in Holland's red light district......
Old 18 August 2011, 05:07 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

LOL, I wish.........
Old 19 August 2011, 09:53 AM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

One had a go at me last year just walking past me in the street. The thing that shook me up was there were absolutely no warning signs, the owner had manged to pull it off before I'd really realised what happened. I'm way more alert to dogs now and would have no scruples about dealing with one if it came to it, but those suggesting going in with fists might want to rethink.

Tetanus booster isn't a bad idea if you've not had the full course. Rabies treatment is nasty and probably best avoided unless you start foaming at the mouth.

Quick Reply: Bitten...........by a Dutch dog!!!!